Options

Tulisa vs Cheryl cole - Why you're all hypocrites.

2»

Comments

• Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    No amount of threads created to make tuloosa a saint aint gonna change my mind about her...she's unprofessional and useless as a judge imho, Cheryl is just the same....difference is Cheryl realised it was time to go...and no persistance begging/pay offer from Simon aint gonna change that!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First of all, shame on you for mentioning that Cheryl was raised on a council estate to make her look inferior.....

Second, Cheryl has been called a chav and worse by people on this forum....

Third, you're missing several bullets on that Tulisa list, specifically related to her useless judging, constantly angry appearance, and oral skills.

Fourth, Tulisa often looks like a thug, Cheryl like a princess.

Fifth, you forgot to note that Tulisa is the virgin mary:
    http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/tulisa-contostavlos/news/virgin-mary/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    They're both appallingly awful
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Some differences.

Tulisa can sing a bit, Cheryl can't sing but can mime and as long as heavily choreographed, can dance a bit.

Tulisa whilst having a family connection in the music industry and some money in the background, gained her position by being part of a hard working group doing the clubs from her early teens. Tulisa gained a degree of sucess (from or off the back of depending on view point) and limited fame, when N-Dubz eventual made it. Cheryl was waivered through on an early pop competition on her looks some might say and not her singing ability. She had little or no hard previous experience to speak of. From this show they made up and manufactured Girls Aloud in which Cheryl had a controlled and easy ride to fame.

As to the accusations against both of being "Chav's" all I would say both come over as tough.

Likely Tulisa was toughened up by her street experiences, whilst moving in her street clubbing and musical circles. Cheryl was possible toughened before she ever appeared in a credible public form as a so called singer. If these 2 met outside a Clubs Toilets, it would be difficult to call if a disagreement took place, as they may on this point prove to be very equal on ability.
  • Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think people dismiss Tulisa because she is a 'chav', I think they use it as an insult due to a number of other reasons why they dislike her. Also the fact that you're basing whether they're a chav or not based on if they grew up on a council estate could be perceived as very offensive.
  • Options
    factorxxfactorxx Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    ablahh wrote: »
    First of all, shame on you for mentioning that Cheryl was raised on a council estate to make her look inferior.....

Second, Cheryl has been called a chav and worse by people on this forum....

Third, you're missing several bullets on that Tulisa list, specifically related to her useless judging, constantly angry appearance, and oral skills.

Fourth, Tulisa often looks like a thug, Cheryl like a princess.

Fifth, you forgot to note that Tulisa is the virgin mary:
    http://www.capitalfm.com/artists/tulisa-contostavlos/news/virgin-mary/

Don't know how many thugs you've bumped into. But ive been face to face with a few, and would have been much more pleasant had they looked remotely like Tulisa:D
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Bit of an OTT statement to call the entire forum hypocrites isn't it?

If you can find a post where I've called either of them a chav, then good luck!

I much preferred Tulisa to Cheryl last year. Never got the overhyping of Mrs Cole just because she's got a pretty face. She was a useless judge and I can't remember hearing a constructive comment ever pass her lips.
    Tulisas biggest problem, this year, for me is that she's appeared disinterested and like she's going through the motions.

I've always found it puzzling through that people with a regional South East accent are called 'chavs' and 'common' and yet anyone else with a regional accent isn't. Ignorance really.

Agree with your post entirely.

I was born in Essex, have a South East accent (although not a TOWIE accent). If that makes me a chav and common then so be it. I'm happy to be one lol.

Not sure it would have been fair on my Mother to get her to hang on to ensure I was born in Suffolk, Surry, Kent or wherever ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^thuggery comes in different shades
  • Options
    factorxxfactorxx Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    ^thuggery comes in different shades

Take your racism elsewhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    factorxx wrote: »
    Don't know how many thugs you've bumped into. But ive been face to face with a few, and would have been much more pleasant had they looked remotely like Tulisa:D

I don't think either of these girls look like this (although CC does have the initials)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chav.svg
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know the definition of a chav? :rolleyes:

I confess I'm not totally sure.

Could you please clarify so that we can all be sure we're talking about the same thing?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Cheryl is adored by Ladies and Gentlemen, Tulisa is adored by burberry wearing, white lightning peckers.

I doubt Tulisa has ever been noticed outside England.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    factorxx wrote: »
    Take your racism elsewhere

I didn't mean "shades" as in skin color.....
    but thanks for standing up to imaginary racism!
  • Options
    BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    informal , derogatory ( Southern English ) a young working-class person whose tastes, although sometimes expensive, are considered vulgar by some

chav Pronunciation: /tʃav/
    Translate chav into Spanish
    Definition of chav
    noun
    British informal, derogatory
    a young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour and the wearing of (real or imitation) designer clothes.

There you go Menk. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't mean "shades" as in skin color.....
    but thanks for standing up to imaginary racism!

Hmm, whilst I very much doubt there is any racist intent here, linking Thuggery with Chav is perhaps none to clever as the both go back to India. One being both religious and violent, the other connected to a traveling people.
  • Options
    ClaratClarat Posts: 4,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly if you haven't seen Cheryl described as a chav on here you haven’t been listening hard enough.

Also, if Cheryl isn't called a chav as much as Tulisa it is probably because she is generally better known so there are all sorts of other insults we can throw at her like racist, thug, gold digger, personality vacuum, clothes horse, one of the backing singers from Girls Aloud.

Lastly you are making the assumption that the forum speaks as one which is bunkum, even if there is a vocal minority who call Tulisa a chav it doesn't follow that it is the same people who liked Cheryl. I would actually imagine that their fans are largely the same people but with the ultra fans maybe disliking the other simply because of their similarity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, whilst I very much doubt there is any racist intent here, linking Thuggery with Chav is perhaps none to clever as the both go back to India. One being both religious and violent, the other connected to a traveling people.

fair enough.. i didn't call anyone chav, just mentioned that it's wrong to claim Tulisa's been called that and Cheryl has not. (I'm American and chav isn't in our vocabulary)

by thuggery, i'm referring to nothing more than Tulisa always trying to act "tough" (laughable, because she then sits there looking mad without saying anything tough)