What is your most PAINFUL experience?

Comments

• Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Childbirth, the first time: agony, compounded by terror, despite all the antenatal classes you could wish for.
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Physical pain would be molar removal. It bled for days and became very swollen and I looked like I'd taken an allergic reaction to a bee sting.

Having my beloved dog put down after he became very ill with cancer. It's been almost a year and I'm still not really over it. He'd been my partner in crime for fifteen years. Sucks.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Four wisdom teeth out under local, had toothache for a week
  • Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to add watching tonight's Game of Thrones to my list because I genuinely think I have PTSD.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Physical pain? Hmm. My back completely gave out a few years back. I couldn't walk. Couldn't even sit up. In the space of a week I passed out three times trying to just sit up. The pain was unreal.

Emotional. I lost my mother in 2012. I have no other family. My entire life it was just me and her. Two days later I found out my OH had been cheating on me whilst I was nursing my mother through her battle with cancer. Can't say that was a good week.
  • Mr_X_123Mr_X_123 Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=CaptainObvious_;72948742]I often get severe stomach cramps and I get occasional painful swellings that gradually grow to golf ball size appearing in awkward places that can make walking and sitting painful (had to get one lanced before at A&E and it was surprisingly painful >.<)

but today I had a sudden cramp in my right calf from moving in bed. My God that hurts >.<[/QUOTE]

Do you mean abscesses? Because my dad had those symptoms on and off for two decades before being diagnosed with crohns disease.
  • BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine the football fans watching football is painful, especially if you betted on Brazil to have a good outing!
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    My knees dislocating
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_X_123 wrote: »
    Do you mean abscesses? Because my dad had those symptoms on and off for two decades before being diagnosed with crohns disease.

Yeah, abscesses

your poor Dad :( Funnily enough, I have gut probs but by way of IBS. I don't think it's a factor in my case though as half my family seem to have a tendency for these swellings and they don't have gut problems
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pain in the last few weeks just before a hip replacement op. It couldn't come soon enough.
    Also the pain of having a stent fitted. I was warned it might be similar to the pain of my heart attack, but it was far worse and seemed to permeate my entire body.
  • ScarletStarletScarletStarlet Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had bunions on both my feet removed last year. When the anaesthetic wore off...Jebus, it was excruciating. And they were sore for weeks. You don't realise how much you actually walk into things until you really, really don't want it to happen :(
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A camera examination on my Prostate. Fully conscious at the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Viral conjunctivitis about 20 years ago. I had it for 3 weeks and my eyes swelled up and almost closed. I couldn't bear any light. Never had pain like it and going through labour was nothing compared to viral conjunctivitis.
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Physical:

Aside from the obvious (Lego, stubbing toe, tooth ache, cramps, paper cuts):

- A boiling hot waterbottle leaked on my foot when I was 9. And I didn't think to take my socks off until after a minute. Seemed fine after that (although I got a little blister/scar),

- My left hand scraped across the bottom of a big Lego piece. It scraped my the palm of my hand. Wasn't actually too bad. I think I was also 9 at this point.

- In school during the morning while playing football, a friend on the opposing team, who had a strong kick, blasted the ball and it found its way to my privates. Now for some reason when I take a hit to the nuts I don't go down all dramatically like a lot of people, and in a lot of cases I play on. This time I just left the game. I felt sick, too.

Physically I've not had much. Was never bullied or jumped on and I've never been in a fight and I've never broken a bone.

Emotionally: My dad's an alcoholic and a bad gambler, my mother is like Olivia Soprano, and I'm a Liverpool fan born in '93. :p

Made up: Get your own fantasies, OP. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Wisdom teeth removal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch ball in the testicles must be a killer. It can cause you to be sick, feel winded and not to mention the actual pain.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Reading some of the posts on DS. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Losing my Dad,worst pain of my life
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey new poster. Sorry to hear that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Mumof3 wrote: »
    Childbirth, the first time: agony, compounded by terror, despite all the antenatal classes you could wish for.

Yes def childbirth, my last birth, she arrived after 20 min of labour. But I can tell you I thought I was dying. No pain relief as there was no time. Never again
  • Nat28Nat28 Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once had surprise root canal surgery on a badly infected tooth. Surprise because when I asked the dentist what he was going to do, he said "Do you want me to fix it or talk?"

It's the only time I've ever passed out due to pain, at least I think I passed out. It certainly felt like I had, but only for a split second.

I ha a tooth extracted when it was badly infected. I have never ever felt pain like it. Even now years later as soon as I sit in the dentist chair I start shaking
    recently had a tooth extracted (yes I still have some teeth though it sounds like iv had heaps taken out lol) I then got something called a dry socket (sounds rude I know) which was pretty painful
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was cleaning out an electric grinder with my finger when I inadvertently pushed the on button (this this idiot had left it plugged in). Cue screams and blood and finger tip hanging off... Even now I'm wincing just typing this :o
  • Mark1974Mark1974 Posts: 4,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pulling a calf muscle in my leg a few weeks ago.

I very nearly cried, but remembered I live in Yorkshire and it's not the done thing!;-)
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably when I had constipation when I was around 8/9, my stomach hurt so much that I collapsed on the floor a few times because I tried to go to the toilet but nothing came out. It was like that for 2 weeks, no kidding. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had home births with no pain relief but the 4th little shit was transverse. In other words, he was lying across me, sideways with his back presenting. It was obviously a c-section job but with lots of surgeons and nurses to 'manipulate' the baby into a position they could get him out. That smarted a bit, it really did.

I have IBS, have broken my hand and toe, had sciatica and had all sorts but I also have fibromyalgia and that is possibly the worst yet. Some days aren't so bad, but every day is painful, other days I can hardly walk or lift my arms. The worst is when my neck goes and it freezes causing pain through my shoulders and to the tips of my fingers. I get cramps so bad my muscles twitch like stupid. It's a miserable pain and often through all the pain relief I'm still close to tears which then makes me frustrated.

Dislocation though, I'm totally avoiding that one!
This discussion has been closed.