The humanity of James and Gary

confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
Forum Member
✭✭✭
James offered some frank and difficult advice in a sensitive manner.
Gary accepted it with good grace and appreciation.
Nice to see people interacting in a respectful way..... When the bullshit it cut away.

Comments

• Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I would have to be more sure in my own mind of James;s motives before deciding as to whether or not he was being helpful or just finding reason to highlight to the viewers that Gary was a unhygienic smelly old geezer.

Had James been kinder to Gary previously then it would seem like a nice thing to do but seeing as he has pretty much had it in for Gary all along then I think there is room for doubt.
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    I think I would have to be more sure in my own mind of James;s motives before deciding as to whether or not he was being helpful or just finding reason to highlight to the viewers that Gary was a unhygienic smelly old geezer.

Had James been kinder to Gary previously then it would seem like a nice thing to do but seeing as he has pretty much had it in for Gary all along then I think there is room for doubt.

..... And I think the nastiness that James has meant to have presented previously is much exaggerated. Had he only wanted to highlight Gary's lack of hygiene he could easily have done it without even bringing it to Gary's attention.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

From what James said and reading between the lines Gary's cleanliness issues have been discussed by others already. I'd say James telling Gary straight what Stephanie dislikes when Gary more or less directly asked this is spot on. James was quiet and civil and what else could you ask for.

I agree with the OP that Gary took it brillintly. Well done to the both of them :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    ..... And I think the nastiness that James has meant to have presented previously is much exaggerated. Had he only wanted to highlight Gary's lack of hygiene he could easily have done it without even bringing it to Gary's attention.

James is not a very pleasant person, that is not exaggerated imo, the things he has said have been pretty mean and spiteful, calling people freaks and saying Frenchie should have a kennel are his words and not very nice.

Had he wanted to help Gary I would have thought there was a better way of putting it other than telling him everyone had noticed it, maybe he could have asked Gary if he needed help to shower or maybe even had a word with BB who could have also been helpful behind the scenes would have been much nicer, knowing that James really really does not like Gary I am not really sure of his motives.
  • roseblue1roseblue1 Posts: 7,498
    Forum Member
    James is not a very pleasant person, that is not exaggerated imo, the things he has said have been pretty mean and spiteful, calling people freaks and saying Frenchie should have a kennel are his words and not very nice.

Had he wanted to help Gary I would have thought there was a better way of putting it other than telling him everyone had noticed it, maybe he could have asked Gary if he needed help to shower or maybe even had a word with BB who could have also been helpful behind the scenes would have been much nicer, knowing that James really really does not like Gary I am not really sure of his motives.

Whatever anyone thinks.............Gary did say he felt much better when he had a shower.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what James said and reading between the lines Gary's cleanliness issues have been discussed by others already. I'd say James telling Gary straight what Stephanie dislikes when Gary more or less directly asked this is spot on. James was quiet and civil and what else could you ask for.

I agree with the OP that Gary took it brillintly. Well done to the both of them :cool:

Yes Gary did take it well as he appears to take most things well and appreciates people being honest with him and he no doubt saw it as a kindness, I am just not so sure atm.:)
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Asking BB would have been spineless and James would have been lambasted on here and other such places if he did so. James is not perfect, shades of grey, like the rest of us but I just don't see this nasty man that others appear to.