Options

got this email on my US account earlier..........

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
Forum Member
✭✭
do you think they'll offer us lot similar?....

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation®Network and Qriocity™ Customers

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer AllClear ID PLUS to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States who are concerned about identity theft.

AllClear ID PLUS is a premium identity protection service that uses advanced technology to deliver alerts to help protect you from identity theft. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and hands-on help from expert fraud investigators.

Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation®Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by Debix to those who choose to enroll. In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of the United States with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

If interested, please submit your email address by June 28, 2011, at 11:59:59 PM CST at: us.playstation.com/news/consumeralerts/identity-theft-protection.

Please note, you must enter the same email address used to register your PlayStation®Network or Qriocity account. Once your email address is validated, you will be sent your AllClear ID PLUS activation code.

Sincerely,

Sony Computer Entertainment & Sony Network Entertainment

Comments

• Options
    jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they said they were working on bringing this to European customers?
  • Options
    darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    The EU are entitled to 12 months protection too. It was on the EU blog.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite interested in taking up the offer of 12months free protection when it becomes available.

Only concern is, when we register will we need to enter any payment details, because I'm sure the company taking this on for Sony will be hoping to gain new customers from the protection period offered by Sony.

Will we have to cancel the protection at the end of the 12 months, I suspect we will or be charged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EU users - http://www.fraudprotect.co.uk/ is now active so get registered :cool:

no payment needed, they even watch your credit card as well ;)

been available for at least 4 days thats when i signed up so its all ok