30 stone woman, Im too fat to work

owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From the comic that is The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/real_life/4838392/30-stone-woman-Im-too-fat-to-work-NHS-should-pay-for-my-gastric-op.html

People like her make my blood boil. She expects to receive a gastric band it is her right she says, even though she will not help herself by still stuffing her fat face. If people do put weight on due to medical conditions fair enough probably not a lot they can do to help themselves. For this lady however being a greedy bar steward is not a medical condition.

get a grip love and help yourself ( and I dont mean to the pies)

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I read about her in a magazine today.

Funny that she was able to lose weight for her wedding but cant be arsed when she needs to get fit to find a job!
  • skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »

Either it's a comic, or to be taken seriously. Which is it?
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    It may well be the case that she's got to a point where trying to diet by herself wouldn't work. However it is (as I understand it) standard NHS practice to expect prospective gastric band recipients to show that they're willing to make lifestyle changes before the op.
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    It may well be the case that she's got to a point where trying to diet by herself wouldn't work. However it is (as I understand it) standard NHS practice to expect prospective gastric band recipients to show that they're willing to make lifestyle changes before the op.

In the story i read she admitted she didnt attend the 12 week weigh ins and diet plans because she lacked will power.

She said herself she isnt willing to lose weight by dieting, she will only do it via a gastric band.

But i thought to get a gastric band you have to lose weight first as its dangerous to operate if you are so overweight. So she wont even do the mini diet to get approved for the gastric band.
  • regbobsalregbobsal Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I read about her in a magazine today.

Funny that she was able to lose weight for her wedding but cant be arsed when she needs to get fit to find a job!

Heres a job for her, bouncy castle.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really tried to feel sorry for her, but when you can say you will die without a gastric bypass, and you've been told what you need to do to get one, but you refuse, then how can you blame anyone but yourself?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she refuses to diet and help herself she should have to have the gastric band done privately- once she finds out the cost of that she might suddenly find the willpower after all.
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't feel sorry for her.
    She must be incredibly stupid to go to a rag, blame the NHS for her own health problems and then expect them to undo damage she has caused to herself. Why would she expose herself to such ridicule?
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Too fat to work, my arse! What's stopping her from doing something like data input?
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's 46 and hasn't worked in years. Whatever size she was she'd struggle to get a job so their's no point in the NHS funding it if thats the only reason.
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats disgusting, I don't know how people can let themselves get so big.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wrestler 'Giant Haystacks' was a lot heavier than her, and he did alright.
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »
    Thats disgusting, I don't know how people can let themselves get so big.

Some of it can be fetish related behaviour. I've read about people enjoying licking food remnants from between the skin folds.
  • TiggywinkTiggywink Posts: 3,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thak God the NHS has seen sense. People like this really make me see red. I'm sorry love, you can carry on stuffing your fat face, then you might drop dead and we'll be rid of the problem. And yes, I am a fattist but I don't give a damn!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she's too fat to work, she's too fat to get to the fridge for seconds.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odd Socks wrote: »

Seconds? it would probably take her hours. :p

Ok that's my bad joke of the day... I feel better now.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of it can be fetish related behaviour. I've read about people enjoying licking food remnants from between the skin folds.

Ewww! :eek:
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ewww! :eek:

Sometimes they accidentally lick lumps of fungus.
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    It's not as simple as surgery curing obesity, she's missing the point completely. If she can't or won't lose the relatively small amount of weight they want her to beforehand then I don't think that she has the right mindset for the surgery, and they are right to refuse it as it would probably fail.

Also, why are the NHS offering to pay for a custom made shower? Fair enough she may find one useful, but why can't she pay for that herself?
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she were anorexic and unable to work because she is too weak, would she still attract this level of abuse I wonder?
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deb Arkle wrote: »
    If she were anorexic and unable to work because she is too weak, would she still attract this level of abuse I wonder?

Probably not, but then anorexia is a known illness. Being morbidly obese and just not having the will power to do anything about it isn't an illness.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    owl61uk wrote: »
    From the comic that is The Sun

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/real_life/4838392/30-stone-woman-Im-too-fat-to-work-NHS-should-pay-for-my-gastric-op.html

People like her make my blood boil. She expects to receive a gastric band it is her right she says, even though she will not help herself by still stuffing her fat face. If people do put weight on due to medical conditions fair enough probably not a lot they can do to help themselves. For this lady however being a greedy bar steward is not a medical condition.

get a grip love and help yourself ( and I dont mean to the pies)

I'm pretty sure she could do some sort of work if she put her mind to it. People of equal size manage to do so.
    The wrestler 'Giant Haystacks' was a lot heavier than her, and he did alright.

He was also a lot taller, at 6' 11" ~ she is noted as only 5' 2", but yes, I take your point, nonetheless.
    Odd Socks wrote: »

Seconds ? .......I'd say more like thirds and fourths :eek:
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably not, but then anorexia is a known illness. Being morbidly obese and just not having the will power to do anything about it isn't an illness.
    It's a mental problem rather than physical though....two of my sisters are morbidly obese, another is anorexic - two sides of the same coin IMO.
    Forum Member
    Deb Arkle wrote: »

She would if she was demanding the nhs pay thousands of pounds to help her do something that she could do herself for next to nothing.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She says she has no willpower yet at the end of the article her husband claims she's strong willed.

Seems shes selective with her willpower.
    Strong willed when it comes to refusing to exercise but she's got no will when it comes to eating less food.

She's saying she'll die if something isn't done.
    All the more incentive to help herself then!