Options

Will Amir Khan get knocked out this weekend?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
Forum Member
✭✭
His opponent is meant to be a real contender - young and only one loss in 30 fights. I hope Amir gets knocked on his ass.

Comments

• Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope he does, can't stand the mouthy little tosser.
  • Options
    jswift909jswift909 Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he wins. He's real fit. :p:D
  • Options
    danletodanleto Posts: 2,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully... also hopeful thinking that he's fighting Lewis Hamilton. I can dream.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol boxing

Move on, get with MMA!
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Aww. I like Amir. He used to live at the bottom of my parents' road.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    lol boxing

Move on, get with MMA!

I follow MMA mainly but also the major championship boxing matches. I believe there is room for both sports but MMA is definately on the rise.
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lots of the best boxers are mouthy, Ali being a prime example. I like Amir, he's proud to be British. Why do we always try to knock down our successes?
  • Options
    silver mistresssilver mistress Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Arrogant so and so. Got far too much to say for himself. I hope he is seriously humiliated.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm asking Santa for a Sports forum this year. Hopefully it won't be like the last one he gave me, which appears to be invisible to much of its target audience.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I follow MMA mainly but also the major championship boxing matches. I believe there is room for both sports but MMA is definately on the rise.

I was never into boxing, all I hear of it now is there's very few big names and even fewer that will pull in the big money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will that be on terrestrial TV or on Sky?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,186
    Forum Member
    Why do we always try to knock down our successes?

I agree.

Here's Britain's number 4 in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy_S wrote: »
    Will that be on terrestrial TV or on Sky?

Sky box office pay per view. £14.95 please.

Weird it's on at the same time as GSP vs Koscheck. No buys.
  • Options
    CarlosVelaCarlosVela Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrogant so and so. Got far too much to say for himself. I hope he is seriously humiliated.

You'd be arrogant too if you were an Olympic medallist and world champion :rolleyes:

He's a very talented fighter and could really go places
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Khan has the 'glass chin' reputation after Prescott, but in a way I think this fight actually suits him. He won't be outboxed by Maidana, so the only way he's going to lose here is if Maidana hurts him. It's easier to have a strategy if you know that your opponent is going all out for the knockout and Khan is hardly going to go rushing in like he did against Prescott. Can't help but feel some in the media are falling for the cult of the big puncher and I can see Khan winning by a decision quite comfortably.

Other thing is that Maidana's chin isn't that great either. It's all well and good saying "if Maidana gets him with a big right hand Khan will go down" but Khan's well capable of hurting Maidana as well.
  • Options
    RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His opponent is meant to be a real contender - young and only one loss in 30 fights. I hope Amir gets knocked on his ass.

This fight looks Fantastic one on paper. Kahn Holds the belt Kahn beat Kotelnik for quite convincingly I might add. However Kotelnik Won it off Maidana with a very dubious points victory when by most accounts Maidana dominated that fight. I'd say Maidana's record looks better than kahn's.

Maidana I believe is the mandatory challenger so there was no ducking this fight.

I think Kahn will win this as long as he's got a game plan and and his heads screwed on straight. Hopefully an exhibition of speed and counter punching from Kahn.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Box Office huh? That's too bad. I don't like him so I was hoping to see him get knocked out again. Oh well, it will turn up soon enough on youtube and I can gloat on there.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    I was never into boxing, all I hear of it now is there's very few big names and even fewer that will pull in the big money.

We were told by Dana White and the UFC that once Oscar De La Hoya retired boxing was finished. Since then Mayweather and Pacquiao are drawing over £1 mil PPV buys each time they fight. Boxing is going nowhere and really do get tired of the 'boxing is dying' talk.

Khan should win as he has the speed and the skills to win. However Maidana is a banger. He has dynamite in his hands and if he catches Khan clean Khan will go down no doubt about it.
    Other thing is that Maidana's chin isn't that great either. It's all well and good saying "if Maidana gets him with a big right hand Khan will go down" but Khan's well capable of hurting Maidana as well.

Well Ortiz put Maidana down but Oritz is a bigger puncher than Khan. Plus Maidana has shown he can get hurt but pick himself up and come back strong. I dont really think Khan puches hard enough to stop Maidana. Khan doesnt plant his feet and isnt really going to stay in range and trade. His more of a get in thrown 3 or 4 punches combination and then get on his toes.
  • Options
    Super Dog ManSuper Dog Man Posts: 4,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fight is part of the Gr8 Britain vs the World bill.

Fights from Liverpool first, then it was supposed to be Klitchko vs Chisora, but that is off now and then back to Liverpool then over to Vegas.

Well worth £15.

On to the Khan fight, should be a good match up. Maidana has 29 wins from 30 fights, 27 KO's but was beaten by Kotelink, who Khan destroyed.

IMO Khan will be too fast for Maidana and will be the first to stop him, but it will go at least 8 rounds.

The fight I am looking forward to is Smith Vs DeGale for the British Super Middle. Smith is a big pucher and DeGale has never really been tested. I can see Smith taking this on a wide points or late stoppage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AS i have always said Kahn can beat anyone, but also lose to anyone, he is way to quick and skillfull for 99.99% of fighter out there, but he has no chin and will be ko'ed again soon if someone can land.

Maidana is a big puncher yes, but you dont need to be a big puncher to beat Kahn.

he is slow, plants his feet and is very reckless,

Kahn will most probably box his head off and will not allow Maidana to land.
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Khan has the tools to make Maidana look very amateurish, but he'll have to be focused for every second of the fight. Maidana obviously does have the power, and although hittable, the Ortiz fight showed he has very good resilience. Ortiz is a pretty big puncher himself and Maidana took some hefty shots and got up off the floor to beat him (although more to do with Ortiz's own stupidity and lack of heart, granted).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Well Ortiz put Maidana down but Oritz is a bigger puncher than Khan. Plus Maidana has shown he can get hurt but pick himself up and come back strong. I dont really think Khan puches hard enough to stop Maidana. Khan doesnt plant his feet and isnt really going to stay in range and trade. His more of a get in thrown 3 or 4 punches combination and then get on his toes.

The way I see it, Khan has a huge edge skill and speed wise so if it goes to a decision then I think everyone would expect Khan to be the winner.

In terms of power/ability to take a shot Maidana has an edge, but the gap isn't as big. Khan does have power, just not as much power as Maidana and Maidana does have potential issues with his chin, just not as big issues as Khan does. So Maidana's advantage here isn't as great as the one Khan has. Impossible to tell how it will go on the night, though, and that's what makes it such an interesting fight.
    We were told by Dana White and the UFC that once Oscar De La Hoya retired boxing was finished. Since then Mayweather and Pacquiao are drawing over £1 mil PPV buys each time they fight. Boxing is going nowhere and really do get tired of the 'boxing is dying' talk.

Far from dying I'd say it's experiencing something close to a renaissance. People seem to think that the rise of UFC harms boxing, but I think it's the opposite. They're both tailored towards the same market and there are so few genuinely massive fights in either sport that it's not going to be saturated any time soon. It's like saying that Sky getting good ratings for La Liga matches harms the Premier League - in reality it just indicates an underlying market for football coverage, even if a minority see the two as being in direct competition with one another.
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did find it funny that someone said there are few big names in boxing and fewer who bring in money. I'm a fan of both sports (see more of boxing being as I haven't got an ESPN subscription), but at this moment in time there's no comparison as to what creates bigger names. The biggest MMA promotion in the world's biggest names are what, Brock Lesnar, who's name was made by the WWE, and GSP - good fighter but not really known outside the MMA community except perhaps in Canada.
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,537
    Forum Member
    If Khan decides to brawl with Maidana he will get wrecked.

But if he sharpens that jab like he did in the Malignaggi fight I think he'll beat him.
  • Options
    pk1234pk1234 Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jswift909 wrote: »
    I hope he wins. He's real fit. :p:D

errr you dirty batty boy.

How can you say that on a forum? your sick