International Cricket Thread Autumn/Winter 2010-2011

Comments

• StuntyStunty Posts: 45,688
    Forum Member
    So all the Aussie wickets were caught behind, 6 to the wicket keeper, 2 to the slips and 2 to gulley. :eek:

Meanwhile our stalwart openers remain at the crease. Excellent start from them, it seems important that they do well for the team to perform well.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    10 Aussie wickets for only 98 runs.

You've got to love these Boxing Day Sales.
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England can't have wished for a better days cricket!

To bowl the Aussies out for sub 100 then overtake them for the loss of 0 wickets is unbelivable really especially after the last test this has knocked all the confidence back out of the Aussies......shame :p

Good full days batting tomorrow and the ashes should be nearly secured.
  • Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I said... shouldn't have picked Bresnan and shouldn't have bowled...
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    pathetic performance by austalia!!
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,688
    Forum Member
    Hoards of the Aussie fans left the MCG very early today. The ground looked more like a 5th day no result crowd..... unlike at the start of the day when it was almost full to capacity!

Even Bumble couldn't believe that the stands were empty. 'Where has all the crowd gone?' he said repeatedly. :D
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    10 Aussie wickets for only 98 runs.

You've got to love these Boxing Day Sales.

:D

Great bowling from the newbies . :) Bresnan has been transformed into a decent test bowler. How did they do that ?? :confused:

Unbelievable that Cook and Cap'n struss played off the aussies easily. That attack is their best and yet no wickets for them today. Oz got some Christmas stuffing !
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a Lou Reeder !............:D

Brilliant performance from the whole team - looks like another 3 day Test !...........300 ahead by tonight, bowl 'em out again tomorrow !
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A perfect day. I can hardly remember a more one-sided day of cricket.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    What a great day for England and i watched the 1st bit of play but never in my wildest dreams did I think I would wake up with England ahead after fielding 1st hopefully the batters can bat the Aussies out of the game tommorrow
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    A perfect day. I can hardly remember a more one-sided day of cricket.

Reminds me of long ago Ashes 1997 Brum 1st day. Even Shane Walrne couldn't save 'em in that one. ;)
  • kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    Hoards of the Aussie fans left the MCG very early today. The ground looked more like a 5th day no result crowd..... unlike at the start of the day when it was almost full to capacity!

Even Bumble couldn't believe that the stands were empty. 'Where has all the crowd gone?' he said repeatedly. :D

will be interesting to see the crowds today and tomorrow. Australian fans have every right to stay away as this australian team is so weak its unreal!

Very average and Austalian cricket is in a crisis at the moment.
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    England: 4 bowlers who take 10 wickets on day one.
    Australia: 6 bowlers who fail to take a wicket on day one.

It's seems astonishing that the Aussies won't recall Brad Hodge (6 tests and averages 55!:eek:) or give David Hussey a go. I can understand those players not being picked in the mid noughties but not now. It must be age or the selectors not wanting to look like idiots.

Hughes is too technically flawed to be an opening batsman, Clarke looks out of form. Smith is two places too high.

The Aussie crowd deserting the MCG was a bit pathetic - they did that earlier in their summer against Sri Lanka in a one-dayer, by the end it sounded like a Sri Lankan home match.
  • HendersonHenderson Posts: 11,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesnt Cameron White get a game in the test side?

He cant be any worse than North/Smith...
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I woke up and saw us batting...I had to have another look and then wake up a little bit to see it wasn't highlights/replays playing tricks on me again.

All out for under 100. How about that then :D.
  • tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Tremlett.....fab performance in 2 tests so far.

How is he going to take it when Broad replaces him and walks back into the dressing room?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomharry2 wrote: »

How is he going to take it when Broad replaces him and walks back into the dressing room?

He's probably going to expect it, although we don't have to worry about it until May and who knows what will happen between now and then, Anderson could get rested for the Sri Lanka series and Tremlett could take his place!
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah so the late arrivals are here! :D

Some of us have been up all night watching that performence, I hope you all that missed it, had a good excuse! :D
    Forum Member
    Ah so the late arrivals are here! :D

Some of us have been up all night watching that performence, I hope you all that missed it, had a good excuse! :D

I managed till lunch but I was too full of M & S carrot cake and custard to keep going :D:p

Made sure I recorded it for posterity though.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    jo2015 wrote: »
    England: 4 bowlers who take 10 wickets on day one.
    Australia: 6 bowlers who fail to take a wicket on day one.

It's seems astonishing that the Aussies won't recall Brad Hodge (6 tests and averages 55!:eek:) or give David Hussey a go. I can understand those players not being picked in the mid noughties but not now. It must be age or the selectors not wanting to look like idiots.

Hughes is too technically flawed to be an opening batsman, Clarke looks out of form. Smith is two places too high.

The Aussie crowd deserting the MCG was a bit pathetic - they did that earlier in their summer against Sri Lanka in a one-dayer, by the end it sounded like a Sri Lankan home match.

I agree but BRad Hodge only plays one day cricket I think now but David Hussey is worth a go for them. Hughes will ventually be a good player and smith isnt ready for this level of cricket
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    tomharry2 wrote: »

Broad will have to earn his place back to the team like anyone else.

Simply thought i was dreaming this morning. My sister in law told me the score , and she knows nothing about cricket, so I thought she was talking drivel. And then I turned on the TV!. Bloody magic.

Can we get to 500 and then bowl them out. Much work to do, but we surely cannot lose this one.
  • ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love us to pass their total without a single man out! :D:D

The when we hit the 99th run, I would love to see Ricky's face! :D:D
    Just reading this thread- babtdude, you were on fire!!!
    Forum Member
    I noticed Steve Waugh in the crowd with his kid. I bet he was wishing he'd not brought him along :D
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent performance by England. Nice to see Bresnan proving himself when it matters. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Err.that went kinda OK :D

What a turnaround yet again. With some matches in each of the last 2 Ashes series "momentum" has been a much overplayed thought. I did suggest this after Perth when some folk suggested the tide had really turned, but still not in my wildest dreams.......

Thread was a great read, although in a way it was maybe good I wasn't around reading it at the time because I would have really felt like throttling one contributor :)

Anyway one of the trully great days in Ashes history and to do it in front of an initially packed Melbourne ground, absolutely tremendous.

England 2 / 11 to win on bet365, wonder if and when an Ashes team has been such favourites to win after Day 1.

Looking ahead ( if I may :) ) I really do hope that this does end a winning Ashes series. Some folk seem to think almost all that mattwers is retaining the Ashes, I think all series ( incl Ashes series ) you really want to win, especially against this current Australian team and I would suspect there would be an element of disappointment in the team and many supporters like myself if they don't ultimately do this.

For now though let's rejoice at a great day and hopefully a professional job done in what remains of this test.

So that'll be declare overnight and send them in again to go for the quickest Ashes win ever. JOKING :D
This discussion has been closed.