Texas chainsaw??

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    If this is a sequel to the 1974 original then where does the 1986 sequel fit into the timescale?

It doesn't.
    The film-makers stated that they wanted to do a direct sequel to the 1974 version. All the sequels and the remake/prequel movies are ignored.
    Which is a good thing (most of the sequels were dire IMHO) and a bad thing (I really liked the 2003 remake).

Incidentally, as mentioned previously in the thread, the film is set in 2012, but one character has aged 20 years (or so) since the original events, which means that the scenario in the 1974 film, now took place in the 1990's. Confused yet? :confused:

Also, the film is currently No.1 in the US Box Office listings, beating "Hobbit" and "Django".
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a448870/texas-chainsaw-3d-tops-us-box-office-top-ten-in-full.html
    Personally I'm quite chuffed about that for two reasons;
    1) It's great to see an R-Rated movie at the top position and see the Horror Genre in a strong position again without it being a PG-13 :D
    2) It's nowhere near being a masterpiece,and there are a lot of things wrong with it. But it's a fun horror movie with some great 3D. It doesn't deserve the amount of vitriol that's been thrown at it in online reviews and general comments. So yah-boo sucks :p. Sequel on the way...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »
    Also, the film is currently No.1 in the US Box Office listings, beating "Hobbit" and "Django".
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a448870/texas-chainsaw-3d-tops-us-box-office-top-ten-in-full.html
    1) It's great to see an R-Rated movie at the top position and see the Horror Genre in a strong position again without it being a PG-13 :D
    2) It's nowhere near being a masterpiece,and there are a lot of things wrong with it. But it's a fun horror movie with some great 3D. It doesn't deserve the amount of vitriol that's been thrown at it in online reviews and general comments. So yah-boo sucks :p. Sequel on the way...

Sequel already confirmed:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3211837/the-sawyer-family-will-return-in-texas-chainsaw-3d-sequel/

Even though i disliked the film, i'm happy that a hard R rated horror film has been successful as it will hopefully pave the way for more, and i'm also kind of glad that we'll be seeing more Leatherface, i just hope that the next one is a LOT better than this one.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Wulfster wrote: »
    It doesn't.
    The film-makers stated that they wanted to do a direct sequel to the 1974 version. All the sequels and the remake/prequel movies are ignored.
    Which is a good thing (most of the sequels were dire IMHO) and a bad thing (I really liked the 2003 remake).

Incidentally, as mentioned previously in the thread, the film is set in 2012, but one character has aged 20 years (or so) since the original events, which means that the scenario in the 1974 film, now took place in the 1990's. Confused yet? :confused:

Thanks for the info :) So it's kind of like Halloween H20 then with most of the sequels before that being ignored? I'm not keen when they do this but it is great to see another Texas Chainsaw movie after 10 years so what the hell lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Thanks for the info :) So it's kind of like Halloween H20 then with most of the sequels before that being ignored? I'm not keen when they do this but it is great to see another Texas Chainsaw movie after 10 years so what the hell lol.

Technically it's only been 6 years since the last TCM movie (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning was released in 2006), but that's just me being pedantic:p
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an utterly awful film!!!!

With the most stupid plot and logic yet because its so bad it becomes hilariously funny and therefore brilliantly entertaining.

The line "Do your thing Cuz" will go down in history.

I have no idea what 3D adds to this, yet more proof that its just a gimmick.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    It's one of those movies that are so bad they're entertaining. The dialogue in this is cheesey, even for a cheapish slasher sequel. "Welcome to Texas"... "Get him cuz" lol. Uses most cliches and is mostly preditable. In the last 30 minutes it gets really dumb, difficult to believe and the finale defies logic. Doesn't seem to know when it is set either: it's clear there was some dispute between the director and producers.

BUT the prologue is a must see if you are a fan of the original, it's fast paced and adequately gory.

Texas Chainsaw is one of those movies which didn't need require a sequel. It's had 3. They should have kept this set completey in '73, making the most of the original cast and the always dependable Bill Moseley.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wanted to watch this and then i realised it's ONLY in 3D and there are no 2D showings whatsoever. What's worse is that i've read in plenty of reviews that the 3D for this is shockingly poor. Not just bad, but downright awful!

I would watch it, but not paying for the 3D gimmick especially when it's as bad as everyone has said.
  • BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I wanted to watch this and then i realised it's ONLY in 3D and there are no 2D showings whatsoever. What's worse is that i've read in plenty of reviews that the 3D for this is shockingly poor. Not just bad, but downright awful!

I would watch it, but not paying for the 3D gimmick especially when it's as bad as everyone has said.

I didn't realise till a friend told me that you can get glasses that turn a 3D film into a 2D film......good for situations like this.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why make her the daughter? she should be nearly 40! mid 70s to 2012. why didnt they just make her the daughter of the child that was rescued. that would have made more sense

and errr "welcome to texas" - from a girl who's just arrived there to the psycho who obviously lives there..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Zapomatic wrote: »
    Saw this yesterday and thought it was absolutely hilarious, as did seemingly everyone else in the cinema. Never heard so much laughter during a horror film!

was it in 3D with blood and body bits splattered in ya face :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasnt very good lol didnt like it as much as the previous movies,the prologue was nice but who the hell were all those people in the house?in the original i got the impression they were quite a solitary family now theres members popping up all over the place just mins after the events of the first movie,doesnt quite sit right lol
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watched this tonight. by far one of the worst horror films, and one of the worst films full stop, that i've ever seen.

i laughed out loud when Leatherface looked buggered at the end of the film and sat down in the chair in a heap :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    The original Texas Chainsaw is worth watching. I dare anyone to watch it alone at night in a cabin for the first time.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Saw this last night and thought it was an okay film. Worth a watch but wasn't a patch on the 2003 version or the original.
  • tommYHYHtommYHYH Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Been reading about the sequel they are making to this movie. I like that they are changing the narrative - very original.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »
    Saw this last night and thought it was an okay film. Worth a watch but wasn't a patch on the 2003 version or the original.

I thought it was the best. Remakes are better the first one I seem on Blu Ray is a bit dated now as its a 70's movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    yes i watched this last weekend..Thought it wasn't bad..Gory so i guess that counts :p Glad theres a sequel..can we have it more gorier please :D
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant film. Love the ending
  • rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant film. Love the ending

It wasn't bad,i saw it last week,i've seen alot worse to be honest.
    Yeah the ending was pretty good
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 1974 movie made an impact because of the 'matter of factness' of the violence, sudden and clinical. It was also a commentary on American family values and ingenuity in the face of unemployment. It was partly satirical so the graphic nature of the violence was unnecessary.

The remakes all seem so pale in comparison. The 2003 version looked like a 2003 horror movie and it made a little more sense of the social context but really it added nothing to the genius of the original.