Options

Andre's "suffering" (part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the same way that some celebs decide to put on weight at Xmas and then lose weight over the summer so that they can feature on Heat or those kinds of mags. ''Shocking weight loss'' in Miss so and so or ''shocking weight gain'' to make the front pages.

Don't most celebs do things to attract attention and publicity in some way ?

Some of them, yes.
    But usually it seems to be the ones with the least talent who attempt to attract the most attention.
    And bearing in mind the fact that Peter Andre has an entire Channel of Cheese all to himself, a magazine column and a reality tv show, you would think that he would grasp the opportunity to show what a nice / talented / funny / intelligent / warm / generous / caring person he was.
    IF he was any of those things.
    Instead, he just shows time and time again that he is a self-obsessed, pointless twerp, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
    So presumably, that is closer to the reality of what he actually is?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the same way that some celebs decide to put on weight at Xmas and then lose weight over the summer so that they can feature on Heat or those kinds of mags. ''Shocking weight loss'' in Miss so and so or ''shocking weight gain'' to make the front pages.

Most zelebs dont make their kids attract attention/publicity for them do they :rolleyes:
    Its a small world and the zeleb industry is vast, I know Im not the only one on here who knows exactly what PA is through first and second hand experience
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, indeed they do, but you didn't answer my question re why, if this is his act to attract attention in order to earn a living, he goes out of his way to come across so badly and the polar opposite of what could be described as a nice guy?!

Why would anyone do that? Surely it's self-sabotage? The norm would be for someone to do the exact opposite of what PA is allegedly and apparently doing - ie. put on a warm, friendly, likeable front to disguise a not necessarily nice reality. :confused:

Like the majority of people, I can only comment on what I see of him on his show and in interviews. My impression is not good. That's his fault, not mine.
  • Options
    Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    One of my friends went on the charity bike ride with him. He wasn't a fan before and kept slagging Peter Andre off whenever he talked about him. He didn't know Peter Andre before, only knew of him from the TV show, the newspapers etc.

He ended up on the bike ride as he is friends with the trustees of the charity (as Peter Andre is).

After the bike ride my friend said that Peter Andre is actually a really nice person and quite a lot of what he does is just for the cameras.

I think it must be difficult to be a famous person and have people hating on you when they don't actually know you in real life.

But then again, this sickly & what I believe to be fake niceness could be purely for the cameras.

PA lets the world see what he's like by allowing cameras to film his every move & therefore is in a far better position to show the "real" him than the majority of celebs.
    However, imo, allowing his life to be broadcast has done him no favours whatsoever, he is exactly what you see, a thoroughly sly, unlikeable man.
  • Options
    kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Most zelebs dont make their kids attract attention/publicity for them do they :rolleyes:
    Its a small world and the zeleb industry is vast, I know Im not the only one on here who knows exactly what PA is through first and second hand experience

I agree with the point you made about the kids :D
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Peter Andre would say "It's like swallowing poison & expecting the other person to die". Some good advice from him there for you.
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Yes, indeed they do, but you didn't answer my question re why, if this is his act to attract attention in order to earn a living, he goes out of his way to come across so badly and the polar opposite of what could be described as a nice guy?!

Why would anyone do that? Surely it's self-sabotage? The norm would be for someone to do the exact opposite of what PA is allegedly and apparently doing - ie. put on a warm, friendly, likeable front to disguise a not necessarily nice reality. :confused:

Like the majority of people, I can only comment on what I see of him on his show and in interviews. My impression is not good. That's his fault, not mine.
    OMG , big bad Peter Andre :D
    @ All this post, what hyperbole > :D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From your link

5th photo down of Peter & Emily. The photo looks like Emily has a pixie ear, it's not a very flattering. I know Emily is very pretty it's just the hair style & angle of the photo.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He began plans to rebuild his career the moment he knew she(or anyone else he could use) was going into the jungle;)
    Hes never sat and talked about why he ended a marriage, that the divorce judge deemed, both, to be equally as bad at, by phone,:mad: think no matter what was going on between them, his two/three kids deserved better, but hey....there was a CD to promote and a trip to Bollywood planned, in PA world thats priority over all, and always will be :mad:
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member

::yawn::yawn::yawn:
    We've heard it all before.

She's trying to paint herself as the victim..."He broke up our happy family". Happy family??? Who is she trying to kid...we all saw the reality show when they were in America, I don't think anyone was that shocked at the announcement of the split after that episode,

It was Alex and Danny yesterday, today it's Pete....:sleep:

What did she say the other day...oh yeah.."Why cant my exes leave me alone and let me get on with my life like I do them"

In the past few months ALL she has done is talk about her exes.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Nicola32;69190987[B]]::yawn::yawn::yawn:
    We've heard it all before.

[/B]
    She's trying to paint herself as the victim..."He broke up our happy family". Happy family??? Who is she trying to kid...we all saw the reality show when they were in America, I don't think anyone was that shocked at the announcement of the split after that episode,

It was Alex and Danny yesterday, today it's Pete....:sleep:

What did she say the other day...oh yeah.."Why cant my exes leave me alone and let me get on with my life like I do them"

In the past few months ALL she has done is talk about her exes.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

This. Lord knows why she is being paid for this rubbish. Its old stuff being rehashed . One minute she is saying she doesn't know why he left, then the next minute saying the marriage was on the rocks for some time before he went. She needs to make her bl**dy mind up.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of them, yes.
    But usually it seems to be the ones with the least talent who attempt to attract the most attention.
    And bearing in mind the fact that Peter Andre has an entire Channel of Cheese all to himself, a magazine column and a reality tv show, you would think that he would grasp the opportunity to show what a nice / talented / funny / intelligent / warm / generous / caring person he was.
    IF he was any of those things.
    Instead, he just shows time and time again that he is a self-obsessed, pointless twerp, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
    So presumably, that is closer to the reality of what he actually is?

Well yes, that's really the conundrum, isn't it?

Maybe that self-involved manbaby stuff IS what his fanbase like about him? And what we're seeing as unappealing is actually his biggest draw? :eek:

I know it sounds unlikely but....
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe that self-involved manbaby stuff IS what his fanbase like about him? And what we're seeing as unappealing is actually his biggest draw? :eek:

I know it sounds unlikely but.

Actually, it's not unlikely, I think you're spot on! I did a short essay yonks ago about male Big Brother contestants and found that the vast majority of finalist and winners of these kinds of shows were indeed manchildren. They were hopeless, vulnerable, underdogs, inexperienced sexually, they cried openly or they had some sort of disability or illness. In short, they were motherable. The manchild does hold appeal with a large number of women.

I'm not going to prattle on about KP on endlessly PA thread but all I will say it that I'm not surprised he gave her no reason why the marriage ended. CAN, at the time would not say why the marriage ended, either. The judge said they were equally to blame, so I think something was covered up on Pete's side. I still think it was very odd that the split came shortly after CAN and KP parted company.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know it sounds unlikely but....

Yeah, it does sound unlikely, but as far as I can see, it's the only sensible conclusion we can draw.
    I suppose if I put to one side my utter revulsion at his physical appearance ( which some people inexplicably find appealing ), then his only other "draw" must be his "personality" and what many see as an immature, self-obsessed, needy great man-baby, somehow comes across to others as attractive.:confused:
    It's very much a case of "horses for courses" I suppose, but personally I'd prefer a man who acted like a grown up, rather than a petulant toddler.
  • Options
    BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...... oh lord
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...... oh lord

KUMBAYAH:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can feel it coming in the air tonight........

...... oh lord
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, it's not unlikely, I think you're spot on! I did a short essay yonks ago about male Big Brother contestants and found that the vast majority of finalist and winners of these kinds of shows were indeed manchildren. They were hopeless, vulnerable, underdogs, inexperienced sexually, they cried openly or they had some sort of disability or illness. In short, they were motherable. The manchild does hold appeal with a large number of women.

I'm not going to prattle on about KP on endlessly PA thread but all I will say it that I'm not surprised he gave her no reason why the marriage ended. CAN, at the time would not say why the marriage ended, either. The judge said they were equally to blame, so I think something was covered up on Pete's side. I still think it was very odd that the split came shortly after CAN and KP parted company.

He had all his soppy break-up songs written and recorded for his CD when he ended the marriage. It was all planned as far as I'm concerned. Even the two children confronted him at the breakfast table in one of his previous episodes asking him why HE walked out at such short notice...anyone remember him squirming over that little family moment? I'm surprised it was not edited out. In the last show he did not even extend the common courtesy of referring to Katie by her name, he calls her 'the kids mum' instead. How childish, how bitter, how very Peter Andre.

The nasty side of him came out in spectacular fashion during that incident in the LA shop when I actually thought he was going to hit Katie. Cranky, sniping, insecure little pip squeak of a man. Katie's well rid.
  • Options
    nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He had all his soppy break-up songs written and recorded for his CD when he ended the marriage. It was all planned as far as I'm concerned. Even the two children confronted him at the breakfast table in one of his previous episodes asking him why HE walked out at such short notice...anyone remember him squirming over that little family moment? I'm surprised it was not edited out. In the last show he did not even extend the common courtesy of referring to Katie by her name, he calls her 'the kids mum' instead. How childish, how bitter, how very Peter Andre.

The nasty side of him came out in spectacular fashion during that incident in the LA shop when I actually thought he was going to hit Katie. Cranky, sniping, insecure little pip squeak of a man. Katie's well rid.

Where can i see a clip off that? Would it be on youtube?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Where can i see a clip off that? Would it be on youtube?

Youll be lucky if its still around alot of stuff like that has been taken off by Can
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He began plans to rebuild his career the moment he knew she(or anyone else he could use) was going into the jungle;)
    Hes never sat and talked about why he ended a marriage, that the divorce judge deemed, both, to be equally as bad at, by phone,:mad: think no matter what was going on between them, his two/three kids deserved better, but hey....there was a CD to promote and a trip to Bollywood planned, in PA world thats priority over all, and always will be :mad:

Oh Lord. Oh Lord.

The judge didn't deem them both as bad as each other.:rolleyes::rolleyes: :D
    They both filed against each other.
    Katie, also known as Jordan, and Peter, 36, each chose to divorce the other, filing cross decrees under 'Price K v Andrea PJ' - Andre's real name.

Neither were at the High Court's Family Division for the undefended divorce - second to last in a list of 21 cases.

District Judge Bradley granted each a decree nisi on the grounds that the marriage had irretrievably broken down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Youll be lucky if its still around alot of stuff like that has been taken off by Can

And aint it funny how the ones with Katie apparently being a bi!ch towards him are still available.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And aint it funny how the ones with Katie apparently being a bi!ch towards him are still available.:rolleyes:

But she was a bitch to him in that. She was telling him all the time how she was the famous one & he was nothing, (says it to most of her men apparently), which carried on into the shop where he lost his temper with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    Oh Lord. Oh Lord.

The judge didn't deem them both as bad as each other.:rolleyes::rolleyes: :D
    They both filed against each other.
    Katie, also known as Jordan, and Peter, 36, each chose to divorce the other, filing cross decrees under 'Price K v Andrea PJ' - Andre's real name.

Neither were at the High Court's Family Division for the undefended divorce - second to last in a list of 21 cases.

District Judge Bradley granted each a decree nisi on the grounds that the marriage had irretrievably broken down.

I recall at the time they split, and a year or two later, every time I walked past a magazine rack I saw PA's self-pitying face peering out at me from the covers of the trashy mags, all with the accompanying phrase 'The REAL reason behind my split from Jordan' or similar. He did milk their breakup/ divorce, come on!
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    But she was a bitch to him in that. She was telling him all the time how she was the famous one & he was nothing, (says it to most of her men apparently), which carried on into the shop where he lost his temper with her.

The editing showed her being the provocative one don't forget. I remember assistant Nicola saying in the background 'come on pete, dont do this here please' so obviously she'd seen his previous unfilmed outbursts. Andre was downright hideous in response, totally over the top, and she was right, she was the main breadwinner at that time. Its a safe bet he'll ensure his kids never see that particular clip of daddy effing and blinding at their mother:rolleyes:

I remember watching that at the time with my husband and him saying that someone ought to deck Andre for that behaviour to his wife.
This discussion has been closed.