"Z Nation" - Syfy Orders New Zombie Series

Comments

• fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another gun-centric survivalist series that demonstrates every possible way of blowing or bashing out people's brains with a variety of weapons. At the current rate of attrition most of the cast will be gone by episode 3, which may not be a bad thing...
  • geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think the Walking Dead has anything to worry about.. Cheap and nasty.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first episode was ok . Not the greatest but......ok.

Everyone who didn't like it, I get why, I mean had I not watched any of the walking dead then I would probably had loved it but us zombie fans have been spoiled for the last few years with the brilliant TWD so anything that has any slight similarities will be seen as inferior. If the walking dead didn't exist then we would all think this is great and we would probably forgive the poor cgi but the walking dead does exist so anything else is very much the poor distant cousin.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the world really need another zombie series?
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Does the world really need another zombie series?

Definately
  • GibraltarianGibraltarian Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    We've also got the potential TWD spin off going on air in 2015. AMC will be confirming latest developments in next few weeks. 3 zombie shows - the more the better for us fans! :)
  • gothergother Posts: 14,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was just tongue in cheek zombie series.
    I think the rest of the season will be a hoot, not great sfx or acting but a hoot none the less.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've also got the potential TWD spin off going on air in 2015. AMC will be confirming latest developments in next few weeks. 3 zombie shows - the more the better for us fans! :)
    I'll be really interested to see what angle they take with the new TWD spin-off... I get the vibe it'll be just another bunch of survivors wandering across America, but I'd be afraid that would be too much more of the same... time will tell!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1.6 million for the premiere
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the pilot. Laughable writing, bad acting and terrible effects (but maybe we expect too much from TV these days) but it's somehow likeable in a crappy B movie way.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't wish to be pedantic here, because I hate it with my fave shows. Yet this entire episode seemed to revolve around a shortage of fuel. I mean, a country that has multi-million cars, gas stations, abandoned fuel tankers that won't be used because you know Zombies don't drive and won't be using the fuel pumps.

Obviously fuel will become a problem, but possibly about 20 years after a z apocalypse, I'd have thought.:confused:
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't decide if this is just Bad or so Bad it's almost OK :D

Might give it one more episode.

I don't wish to be pedantic here, because I hate it with my fave shows. Yet this entire episode seemed to revolve around a shortage of fuel. I mean, a country that has multi-million cars, gas stations, abandoned fuel tankers that won't be used because you know Zombies don't drive and won't be using the fuel pumps.

Obviously fuel will become a problem, but possibly about 20 years after a z apocalypse, I'd have thought.:confused:

Well pumps in Petrol stations wouldn't work without electricity so unless the station has it's own generator (which I presume the Refinery in this episode did, though it probably would have run dry in three years) all the petrol in the tanks would be useless as you couldn't get to it.

Plus I believe that Petrol "goes off" after a few years so there would probably be no usable fuel left quicker then 20 years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Can't decide if this is just Bad or so Bad it's almost OK :D

Might give it one more episode.

Well pumps in Petrol stations wouldn't work without electricity so unless the station has it's own generator (which I presume the Refinery in this episode did, though it probably would have run dry in three years) all the petrol in the tanks would be useless as you couldn't get to it.

Plus I believe that Petrol "goes off" after a few years so there would probably be no usable fuel left quicker then 20 years.

Does petrol go off, if so fair enough? Must admit I'm a bit surprised.

Having said all this I should say there is bits of it I find fun, it's hokum, but kind of enjoyable. just think the cast is a bit wooden.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where are you getting this "20 years after the zedapox"?
    it's only THREE years!

and i rather enjoyed the first episode, fast paced and had ..... what was it ..... oh yes ORIGINALITY in a well played scenario (the water zombies a perfect example)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    where are you getting this "20 years after the zedapox"?
    it's only THREE years!

Nobody was saying it had been 20 years.

seansnotmyname@ was saying that he didn't think there would be a fuel shortage only three years after the breakdown of civilisation and that it would be more like 20 years before it became a problem.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    In episode 1 they were fast moving zombies, episode 2 and they are now back to slow moving zombies
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    In episode 1 they were fast moving zombies, episode 2 and they are now back to slow moving zombies

Dixn't they say it was only the new zombies that where fast-moving, I could be wrong though.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Dixn't they say it was only the new zombies that where fast-moving, I could be wrong though.

Probably, but considering its 3 years after the outbreak there were a lot of sprinters last week and none this week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackol wrote: »
    Probably, but considering its 3 years after the outbreak there were a lot of sprinters last week and none this week

Hey I'm not a big defender of the show, hence my fuel comment, but TBH I think if we're going to carry on watching it, we really need to check logic at the door, it's fun in a way, and I'll carry on watching despite the silliness.
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Just seen the pilot. Laughable writing, bad acting and terrible effects (but maybe we expect too much from TV these days) but it's somehow likeable in a crappy B movie way.

Well it is part made by The Asylum, they have hits like:

Blood Lake
    http://www.theasylum.cc/images/posters/BLOODLAKE_large.jpg

Bermuda Tentacles
    http://www.theasylum.cc/images/posters/BERMUDA_TENTACLES_small.jpg

Airplane Vs Volcano
    http://www.theasylum.cc/images/posters/AVV_large.jpg

and of course not forgetting the film with the best production and the best CGI EVER ...

Sharknado 2: The Second One
    http://www.theasylum.cc/images/posters/SHARKNADO2_large.jpg
    http://images.gapyear.com/images/made/images/content/sharknado_582_388.jpg

:D
  • 111roy111111roy111 Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Hey I'm not a big defender of the show, hence my fuel comment, but TBH I think if we're going to carry on watching it, we really need to check logic at the door, it's fun in a way, and I'll carry on watching despite the silliness.

I think a freshly farm field full of manure fells better this this show and both are full of s**t, and yes logic and brain at the door to be able to watch this show.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm giving it one more ep (though with it being the only thing out on Fri that's probably a lie). I liked the Z-RadioGuy but less so after enduring the 20min drawwwwwwwwn out search for demon-dog. Why couldn't they have made the good-dog a good-puppy ? And as for the rest of the group, meh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given up on this already. I could forgive the ropey script, acting and effects if any of the characters were remotely interesting - but they aren't. With all of the new season shows about to start I don't have time in my to watch this in the hope it will get better because I just know it won't.
  • dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on a UK air date?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »
    Any news on a UK air date?

If they are wise no UK station would touch it.