What's happened to THE AFTER?

Hi, does anyone know what happened to the proposed tv show the after? The pilot was on amazon last year (or early this year) and it was supposedly heading for a full season.

The pilot episode was very good and I was looking forward to the series.

Has it been cancelled? Or is it still going ahead?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, does anyone know what happened to the proposed tv show the after? The pilot was on amazon last year (or early this year) and it was supposedly heading for a full season.

The pilot episode was very good and I was looking forward to the series.

Has it been cancelled? Or is it still going ahead?

It's being filmed and then they'll do post-production SFX during this winter, the next 7 episodes will be released next spring. Carter wants to make 99 episodes of it if Amazon will support it, more episodes will likely air next autumn if it is successful.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/chris-carter-after-99-episode-goal-718161
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering about this the other day
    It was ages ago when Amazon announced what pilots were going ahead to being a full series
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    99 episodes?? The pilot was mostly a pile of poo!!!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But that doesn't mean what will follow will be crap as well. Not every show gets it right in the pilot.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They did succeed in making me laugh for a good hour though, so that's something.

I'm also still trying to figure out why they cast a Clown on the show. I mean what good is a clown going to be in a post-apocalyptic world?