Or is this simply speculation?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Source?
    Or is this simply speculation?

Speculation by the look of it:
    Another bit of evidence as to a possible September / early October premiere is the claim that the show will air its entire eighth season consecutively, and not split it up into blocks. If you want to get in all of the episodes prior to the start of the Christmas Special in 2014, the middle of October is the latest you can start the series without airing any instalments back to back or on other nights of the week. Note that is all speculation based on information that is out there, and given that filming has not even began yet (though readings have taken place), things can change.
    http://cartermatt.com/101837/doctor-who-season-8-a-few-more-details-on-premiere-dates-peter-capaldi-more/
  • Starzz123Starzz123 Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we please have a easter special? :(
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will air in very similar slots to series 7, I'm pretty sure of that. Atlantis is coming back for a second series and DW will not be on during those weeks, you can count on it. Therefore we should see 5 episodes on from August, then the 2014 Christmas episode, then the remaining 7 or 8 episodes in the Spring 2015.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    It will air in very similar slots to series 7, I'm pretty sure of that. Atlantis is coming back for a second series and DW will not be on during those weeks, you can count on it. Therefore we should see 5 episodes on from August, then the 2014 Christmas episode, then the remaining 7 or 8 episodes in the Spring 2015.

I read there would be no mid season break
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Everyone seems to be insisting that there will be a straight run of at least 12 episodes, but you do make a good point. Atlantis is (unfortunately) coming back next year so unless they move Atlantis to the Spring (which is incredibly unlikely) or air Doctor Who straight after/before Atlantis (which is even more unlikely) then I don't see how Series 8 could actually be broadcast as a 12 episode run in the Autumn. Never really considered this before you pointed it out. Does anyone have any ideas as to how this problem could potentially be bypassed? Move Doctor Who to Mondays like they did in the 80s? :D
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can shove Atlantis on BBC3 on a Tuesday evening where it belongs. Seriously if the scheduling of that drivel has any negative impact on Doctor Who the BBC have truly lost the plot.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why cant Atlantis air next January?
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Yeah, Atlantis will probably wait until January.