No "Geronimo"

sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
Forum Member
✭✭
I think it would have been a nice touch for the Doctor, with a sad smile, to whisper "Geronimo" one last time, just before he finished regenerating in the Tardis...

Comments

• Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His last scene with filled with a poignant sadness at seeing Amy Pond again though so why would he have shouted that?
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whisper, I said whisper, not shout.

Anyway, to me, it would have been like the 11th Doctor looking back one last time, before embarking on a brand new adventure (regeneration).
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    His last scene with filled with a poignant sadness at seeing Amy Pond again though so why would he have shouted that?

I would have given my right arm to have got him saying Geronimo over having to put up with seeing Amy again
  • Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have given my right arm to have got him saying Geronimo over having to put up with seeing Amy again

I was just glad to see Smith regenerate

Good riddance
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Luner13 wrote: »
    I was just glad to see Smith regenerate

Good riddance

I like Smith I think he's one of the best Doctors but if anything the fact he has now regenerated means it's even less likely Amy will ever be forced upon out screens ever again and if the do a multiple Doctor Story in the future have them bring back Clara (if she has left by then but in a way Clara meeting Clara could be good)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    Whisper, I said whisper, not shout.

Anyway, to me, it would have been like the 11th Doctor looking back one last time, before embarking on a brand new adventure (regeneration).

I like this idea very much, but as you say it would definitely have to be whispered.
  • sparks812sparks812 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I thought the same thing. The perfect time for him to say it is when he drops his bow tie and right after Clara says "Please don't change". Then he could have whispered "Geronimo" right before he switched...IMO a very big miss by SM.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, would have been good. A fitting end for him to go out with that sense of adventure. His whole speech at the end showed how he didn't see it as an end, but something to be anticipated eagerly. It is actually surprising he didn't say it, as it was such an obvious finale for him. It would have fitted so well.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd have just liked the regeneration to have been a little longer in general.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Lunert (first post only - I personally did like Matt so can't agree with your second post :) ), as fitting as Geronimo is to Matt Smith, it would have been out of place to say it in his last scene, its not really a word you can whipser or say in n emotional "I am leaving kind of way".

I was also a bit disappointed that the final face change just - well - it just happened. However, I suppose Moff just wanted to deliniate the cycle reset just in case anyone watching just needed any more clarification that this wasn't a normal regen! Regen energy had already been used and the face change was the only thing left (oh and coloured kidneys). Moff used the traditional NuWho regen for McGann and Hurt so its clear he isn't against it.