Options

Hollyoaks E4 Daily Thread - Hospital Fun! - 27/03/15

Comments

• Options
    Marianne_321Marianne_321 Posts: 25,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she knows hes gay and married, is that cat nip for her?

LOL!! No it's just BK striking again!!!! More like cat nip for him!!! :p;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    We don't need an award telling us how sexy he is. Just seeing him is enough to make us swoon and go weak ;-):D

I need to get my smelling salts ready in advance!!! :p;-)
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I need to get my smelling salts ready in advance!!! :p;-)

Do you and the love doctor need some privacy ;-):p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous. Just like when Corrie did it with Maria and Marcus.

Not only was she 'in love' with Freddie one minute then Tony the next now it's Ste. She knows he's married and gay and he and JP have enough trouble without her sticking her horniness in.

Who's next? Jack?

She almost had Jack when she nearly went back on the game, remember? ;-)

BTW, don't watch Corrie so not sure what you are referring too. I do see headlines of soaps so gather different things happening in them even though I don't watch. Not sure about this one though! :confused: Did she have an affair with a gay character?
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many problems buddy, such as Sinead being so 'In love' with Tony & wanting the baby to be his & now she's suddenly 'In love' with Ste!!

Sinead has been best friends with Ste for ages. Now they're having a baby together. It's not that ridiculous that she'd start seeing him in a new light. I didn't realise there was a time limit on love.
    Also, why make Ste bring up Brendan in their convo now, because the show wants to further damage & cause misery in his relationship with JP. I can also see where this storyline could be headed & don't like it one bit. So much more I could say.......

Why make Ste...? Does it say she makes him bring Brendan up? They could be talking about past relationships. For all you know JP may catch a part of the conversation that sounds worse than Ste means it to. You can't see anything.
    More's the question to you, what's right with it?

It's a soap plot. A new problem for characters to deal with. Get over yourself.
    It's ridiculous. Just like when Corrie did it with Maria and Marcus..

What's ridiculous? That a woman who is having her best friends baby is falling in love with him? No it isn't and it's nothing like Maria and Marcus.
  • Options
    ChelseaEllieChelseaEllie Posts: 16,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, unfortunately it's not an April Fools love!! :(;-)

you know they will play a cruel trick on us and say that freddie is leaving
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She almost had Jack when she nearly went back on the game, remember? ;-)

BTW, don't watch Corrie so not sure what you are referring too. I do see headlines of soaps so gather different things happening in them even though I don't watch. Not sure about this one though! :confused: Did she have an affair with a gay character?

I forgot about that :blush:

Maria started having feelings for Marcus. Marcus wanted a family but his boyfriend didn't. Maria and Marcus fell in love and had a little family set up with Maria's son Liam. Later down the line he cheated on her with a guy.

This storyline could be just like that.
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Sinead has been best friends with Ste for ages. Now they're having a baby together. It's not that ridiculous that she'd start seeing him in a new light. I didn't realise there was a time limit on love.

Why make Ste...? Does it say she makes him bring Brendan up? They could be talking about past relationships. For all you know JP may catch a part of the conversation that sounds worse than Ste means it to. You can't see anything.

What's ridiculous? That a woman who is having her best friends baby is falling in love with him? No it isn't and it's nothing like Maria and Marcus.

And that's what their relationship should be. Just best friends. Why ruin it with one falling in love with the other?

It's similar to Maria and Marcus. Woman falls in love with friend who is gay, wants the perfect family set up and sees it with gay friend, doesn't say anything for weeks but once she does gay friend will feel the same and they'll get together until he cheats on her.

If Hollyoaks don't go down this route I'll be shocked. I admit I'm assuming here based on little spoilers we have but this is Hollyoaks where sexuality is changed more than your underwear. Let's also not forget how the show loves a 'shock' and the twitter mafia will love this.
  • Options
    SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I don't like how soaps have gay men as a stereotype. JP seems to have escaped that curse. I'm surprised we haven't had a lesbian character with short hair, dress tomboyish and basically a stereotype of a butch lesbian. That's something Hollyoaks would do. Instead we have/had pretty young girls like Zoe, Sarah, Tilly, Esther and Kim.

I'm assuming he's there because of Sinead. I don't know what's worse. His outfit or the fact Frindsey are getting married.

I expect suicide but framing Maxine. I hope not as Maxine deserves a storyline which isn't having her miserable.

I am so glad that sex god S'avage is back on our screens :D I shall try to resist him ;-)

I hope Patrick doesn't kill himself to frame Maxine as his final revenge to ruin her life forever sending her to jail for something she didn't do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    I hope Patrick doesn't kill himself to frame Maxine as his final revenge to ruin her life forever sending her to jail for something she didn't do.

I hope not as it will take the piss out of MND. I'm hoping Patrick realises all he has done and apologises to Maxine and Sienna but I suspect they'll go OTT and fail to raise awareness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What you have to remember is Sineads Brother Raped Stes hubby and ruined his life by homophobic bullying, the hubby then went to prison because of the bullying and had his life ruined. So now she has not only cheated with his hubby but also now wants to live with him and decides shes in love with him, how much can her family ruin JPs life?

sinead also in the past 18 months has been in love with Freddie so she married him, then seduced Tony to punish him, decided she was in love with him, had a drunk 1 night stand with Ste and now loves him, she falls in love on a daily basis. its all about affection and who gives her that attention. She will ruin a relationship between 2 very broken people because of this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope not as it will take the piss out of MND. I'm hoping Patrick realises all he has done and apologises to Maxine and Sienna but I suspect they'll go OTT and fail to raise awareness.

How about Patrick gives himself up to the police he admits to every awful thing he did to Anna, Sienna and Maxine that way he goes to jail alive instead being killed off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What you have to remember is Sineads Brother Raped Stes hubby and ruined his life by homophobic bullying, the hubby then went to prison because of the bullying and had his life ruined. So now she has not only cheated with his hubby but also now wants to live with him and decides shes in love with him, how much can her family ruin JPs life?

sinead also in the past 18 months has been in love with Freddie so she married him, then seduced Tony to punish him, decided she was in love with him, had a drunk 1 night stand with Ste and now loves him, she falls in love on a daily basis. its all about affection and who gives her that attention. She will ruin a relationship between 2 very broken people because of this.

All this as well. So, as Marianne asked, what is right with this storyline?

Sinead will 'love' someone else before the summer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ziggy or Robbie
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyfall wrote: »
    How about Patrick gives himself up to the police he admits to every awful thing he did to Anna, Sienna and Maxine that way he goes to jail alive instead being killed off.

Because Hollyoaks never do simple. I'm sure it was confirmed Patrick dies too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ziggy or Robbie

Or Esther. She'll be on a roll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or Esther. She'll be on a roll.

yes the girl whose life she ruined
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All three are good actor's & I think they deserve better. Hollyoaks do have some brill moments (getting rarer nowadays) but unfortunately is overrun by so many OTT plots that make little sense & tend to be under developed. The teeny bopper fans may be happy for now but I doubt many will stand by the show in the long term. Many long term viewers are falling away in droves. The development of the show seems to be focusing on the short term, influenced by the twitter brigade & I think the long term prospects of the show could very well be in danger.

I find myself getting more & more frustrated with different storylines. Prime example recently was the Phoebe framed for murder plot. The holes to this (that the police don't seem to see) are glaringly obvious to anyone with half a brain!!! The producers need to look back at when the show was at it's best & have character lead plots, proper aftermath, continuity etc...

Innocent people being framed and sent to jail one thing hollyoaks won't stop doing, it will just keep going on, the gulity still free to do their crimes and the police always be silly fools always doing their job wrong and catching the wrong person while letting crooks out of their sight to get away easy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hey, I realise people might start seeing someone differently, but IMO in this case it's just done for sensationalism. Not long ago she was 'In love' with Tony who we were lead to believe was the love of her life (after Freddie fizzled out) & she got over him very quickly. If she can get over it so quickly it wasn't true love to begin with. Now she will be 'In love' with Ste which I believe the show is doing only to cause further damage to the McHay relationship. Nevermind all the Finn baggage as well!!!

The show does it everywhere not just with this storyline, how are we to buy true love when often after only an argument the person who is supposed to love you beds someone else. Recent examples include Lockie & Ziggy etc...

I never said Sinead makes him bring it up. I said the show (ie/Producer/writers) decided to bring Brendan up in order to cause further misery for Ste & JP's relationship. They only seem to go from one crisis to another. We never really see why they actually love each other, just constant obstacles to climb. I bet they will probably just be talking past relationships when Brendan comes up & JP overhears. I'm saying I just wish the show didn't keep piling misery on them!

I think it's a bit harsh you telling me to get over myself. I remember how good Hollyoaks used to be. It may be just a soap, but I want the quality to improve, aftermath, continuity, character driven plots & not so many dumb plot holes like the Phoebe framed for murder storyline & character's personalities changed to fit plots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't you remember? They bonded after Esther delivered her baby. I'm surprised they didn't fall in love then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't you remember? They bonded after Esther delivered her baby. I'm surprised they didn't fall in love then.

I thought they were still not friends
  • Options
    Forum Member

Since the gloved hand killer punishing people for their sins while he or she on the loose listening and studying their prey maybe the killer will find out Sinead bullied Esther badly and punishes Sinead in worse ways for being a nasty person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Great points!!! Bravo Chelsea!! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, I realise people might start seeing someone differently, but IMO in this case it's just done for sensationalism. Not long ago she was 'In love' with Tony who we were lead to believe was the love of her life & she got over him very quickly. If she can get over it so quickly it wasn't true love to begin with. Now she will be 'In love' with Ste which I believe the show is doing only to cause further damage to the McHay relationship.

The show does it everywhere not just with this storyline, how are we to buy true love when often after only an argument the person who is supposed to love you beds someone else. Recent examples include Lockie & Ziggy etc...

I never said Sinead makes him bring it up. I said the show (ie/Producer/writers) decided to bring Brendan up in order to cause further misery for Ste & JP's relationship. They only seem to go from one crisis to another. We never really see why they actually love each other, just constant obstacles to climb. I bet they will probably just be talking past relationships when Brendan comes up & JP overhears. I'm saying I just wish the show didn't keep piling misery on them!

I think it's a bit harsh you telling me to get over myself. I remember how good Hollyoaks used to be. It may be just a soap, but I want the quality to improve, aftermath, continuity, character driven plots & not so many dumb plot holes like the Phoebe framed for murder storyline & character's personalities changed to fit plots.

Even 2 years ago was better than what we're getting now. I agree we're very critical of the show buy only because we're frustrated with the state of it now.

All Kirkwood knows is destroy couples. Guaranteed by the end of the year Lockie and Porsche will have different partners.
    I thought they were still not friends

I think in an episode one of them referred to the other as their best mate. Of course Esther's new best friend is now Grace but when the plot requires it Sinead will be her best friend again.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Esther and Sinead a couple glad no such thing happen, no former victim of that was bullied should not full for in love their former bully or even be friends with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yup & by that time loads more damage will have happened to the McHay relationship like they don't have enough on their plate already!!