The Following Season 3

Comments

• wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know if I will watch this season, I found both season 1 and 2 incredibly frustrating with the amount of inept police/FBI......the only reason I watched is because I like Kevin Bacon.....will see how it goes
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been re-watching Season 2 and I actually this it's better to binge-watch The Following than watch it one episode as week as it airs. However, I still love the show regardless.

I am also a bit shocked that it's going to go out on Saturdays in the UK...maybe it will end up being a good thing as there's not much on on Saturday nights so may get some new viewers? I don't know...

The new season looks great though. It's going to be interesting to see how it's changed due to new behind the scenes people. I can't wait to see how Mike is - he's going to be the one who's changed the most, I think.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do wish people would learn to put UK or US Pace in their thread titles, it is not that difficult.

rolleyes

US Pace

Not a bad start to the season but it isn't doing anything different, and I am not keen on the bland couple followers. The 'crying' follower isn't bad but nothing exciting. And Mark being back and crazier than usual doesn't do much for me either.

Needs to do more than just be another bland season of killings to entice me to keep watching. There certainly is no Emma so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do wish people would learn to put UK or US Pace in their thread titles, it is not that difficult.

rolleyes

US Pace

Not a bad start to the season but it isn't doing anything different, and I am not keen on the bland couple followers. The 'crying' follower isn't bad but nothing exciting. And Mark being back and crazier than usual doesn't do much for me either.

Needs to do more than just be another bland season of killings to entice me to keep watching. There certainly is no Emma so far.

Usually there's less than 24 hours between US and UK eps, so it doesn't really matter (the last 2 threads in 2013/14 didn't have them). Back when I made this thread, I didn't know there would be 6 days.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Usually there's less than 24 hours between US and UK eps, so it doesn't really matter (the last 2 threads in 2013/14 didn't have them). Back when I made this thread, I didn't know there would be 6 days.

Just pick a pace and put it in the title. :)

I don't mind which just as long as I know what it is.

Seems I am the only one watching at US Pace anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just pick a pace and put it in the title. :)

I don't mind which just as long as I know what it is.

Seems I am the only one watching at US Pace anyway.

I will if we get a Season 4 :)

There may be some more people, they just haven't posted yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the first episode, it was a lot better than the Season 2 premiere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really liked the first episode, it was a lot better than the Season 2 premiere.

But it didn't really do anything new. I wouldn't say it was bad but I'd like to see what 'The Following' is really trying to say, as so far it doesn't seem to have a message.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    But it didn't really do anything new. I wouldn't say it was bad but I'd like to see what 'The Following' is really trying to say, as so far it doesn't seem to have a message.

I know what you mean, but I think it was a good way of it trying to go in a slightly different direction, but staying with it's origins. I read that we're going to see more of the agents' personal lives this season and I really welcome that.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    So am I the only one concerned for Ryan's new girlfriend.....days are numbered, methinks.;-)

Mark, if he can, more crazy this season - but I like his new team....especially Daisy.
    And the wedding; was expecting more blood.:(

"When was the last time you had a good cry"
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    So am I the only one concerned for Ryan's new girlfriend.....days are numbered, methinks.;-)

Mark, if he can, more crazy this season - but I like his new team....especially Daisy.

Certainly, i was a bit surprised she even made it to the end of the first episode!

It is part of the fun trying to work out who the "red shirts" are.

I thought it was an ok opener but as others said it hasn't really added much to the story. It also felt a little like the new characters were just rehash of previous characters so i hope they develop them a little more and make them clearly different. I mean, older and two younger is basically Lilly and her two sons from last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »

Yeh Ryan's girlfriend is either a Follower, or won't last till the end of the season! Which one is to be decided!

I loved that line about crying :D It was actually quite interesting to hear about that guy and the psychological issue of emotions.

Mark is as crazy as ever - the mirror person is ingenious though! Well done to the person who thought of that!

What do we think about Mike? He and Max were only together a month before he left! I thought it might have been a little longer than that. I hope we find out what happened when he was in the field.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a Joe Carroll shaped hole missing from this. It's like Ant without Dec. Just not right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    There is a Joe Carroll shaped hole missing from this. It's like Ant without Dec. Just not right.

I think we'll see him at some point
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we'll see him at some point

I wonder if they'll transfer him from one prison to another and he'll escape when the convoy is side swiped. rolleyes
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Yeh Ryan's girlfriend is either a Follower, or won't last till the end of the season! Which one is to be decided!

I loved that line about crying :D It was actually quite interesting to hear about that guy and the psychological issue of emotions.

Mark is as crazy as ever - the mirror person is ingenious though! Well done to the person who thought of that!

What do we think about Mike? He and Max were only together a month before he left! I thought it might have been a little longer than that. I hope we find out what happened when he was in the field.
    Yes, that too - I was half expecting a look, that gives that away....but I think she'll just die in a very bad way.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow this season is brilliant! It took me a while to get into Season 2, but I think Season 3 is so much better already. Episode 2 is so good!
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's no way Chris from The Wire (Max's new boyfriend) is going to be an average joe

Definite follower potential
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no way Chris from The Wire (Max's new boyfriend) is going to be an average joe

Definite follower potential

I agree
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm done with this show.

Season 2 tested me and the poor Season 3 opening just confirmed it.

There's nothing new they can do.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree the show is pretty formulaic and samey but it's incredibly watchable
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I'm done with this show.

Season 2 tested me and the poor Season 3 opening just confirmed it.

There's nothing new they can do.

We don't watch this show for it to test our brains we watch it the same reason we watch taken and it's sequels, because it's car crash tv.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think Hardy's girlfriend will get involved in helping him solve the case. Maybe, even be vital to resolving it. They'll make a great double team.

Getting bored of Mark. He's coming off bratty now and has no links to others in the show currently. If Mike kills him, would he have taken out the whole family?
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness, I am not the only one who liked season 2 lol...it was like car crash tv for me as well, terrible but had to keep watching. lol!

The Season 3 opener was very bland for me, I miss Emma and I definitely miss Joe. Mark is great but I don't know if he can carry this series on his own, if you know what I mean? I am not keen on his followers either, but I am hoping that will change as the weeks go by.
  • Nollaig79Nollaig79 Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't watch this show for it to test our brains we watch it the same reason we watch taken and it's sequels, because it's car crash tv.

Spot on!:)