Neighbours - thoughless/selfish

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 418
Forum Member
I hate to be a grump but so feel that I need to have a bit of a whinge...........
I live in a cul-de-sac, total about 22 houses with a nice little field at the top - I live next but one to the top. Most houses have at least two cars and at night the road is totally double parked. This is just background; it makes me sad but largely doesn't affect me. The only time I worry is when people drive up the road too fast as, with it being a dead end, kids frequently are allowed to play which I don't think is 100% safe. Also, my silly cat tends to just stroll all over the place and I fear for him ALL the time but he simply won't be told. He's survived OK now for over 7 years but still....

ANYway, it isn't particularly friendly round here - mostly to me. I guess they see me as the tragic divorcee who has ended up alone and renting and is therefore not worth being friendly with. As such, I guess I am not worth being courteous to - SOOO - it is always my house that gets parked in front of when there is overspill. Which I try not to bother about. There was only one time when a young lad had actually blocked me ON my drive and as I needed to go out but didn't know who the car belonged to, I sat in my car with the horn blaring and lights flashing until he emerged from a house over the road. When I moved my car to be half on and half off my drive, I was sworn at by the youth and then the Mother from the house over the road. They have never spoken to me since.

Now, the new neighbours next door to them and straight opposite me are being pretty ignorant too. One time, I had parked across the top of my drive as I was going out again. The young man came over and asked if I would move my car so that he could bring his low slung/restored sports car off his drive in a straight line. I obliged no problem. A few days later, it happened again but I was just in the middle of something so said I would in a minute. He looked at me as though I was a bit mental because I didn't jump to it! Never spoke to me since, not even hello, nor has his OH. They have had a street party and I was
not asked and it may have been a time to build bridges.

Now it looks like they have got car number three with only space for two which means parking outside my house for some reason.

I only care because they don't speak to me at all and it makes me really sad. I try to live and let live, I just wish other people would too.

Am I being totally pathetic? :cry:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    no, they sound like a right bunch of Chavs:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me just done this thread a few days ago
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Saint*555 wrote: »
    Me just done this thread a few days ago

Oh did I miss it.....?
    Please direct me
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you live in a posh, hoity toity area? It sounds like it. Bunch of stuck up middle class morons. If I was young I'd organise a party and invite all my friends and make hell of a noise and keep it going until the early hours.

That would piss them off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    tinkersmum wrote: »
    Oh did I miss it.....?
    Please direct me

you can start your own thread too don't worry:).
    Forum Member
    Do you live in a posh, hoity toity area? It sounds like it. Bunch of stuck up middle class morons. If I was young I'd organise a party and invite all my friends and make hell of a noise and keep it going until the early hours.

That would piss them off.

Ha - you'd think, wouldn't you.........
    It WAS quite a posh hoity toity village - reflected in the house prices:( I moved here when marriage on the rocks and because I kept my beloved horse at a farm in this village. (Trust me, I've paid the price on that many times over....)
    But as someone has said, the neighbours over the road (not straight opposite) seem a bit rough with their attitude. It's only respect that I would like - stopped caring if I got invited to their cliquey barbecues just wish I knew what I'd done wrong because sometimes it's a really lonely feeling.
    I try to be kind and considerate myself but it seems as though rather than care about someone who is on their own, people turn against them and make them feel even more of a outcast.
    *Sigh*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever tried speaking to them? Like just general conversation?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkersmum wrote: »
    Oh did I miss it.....?
    Please direct me

Can't find me old thread - it was called "Your Neighbours" :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Have you ever tried speaking to them? Like just general conversation?

Oh yes.
    Used to go to the barbecues/Chrsitmas drinks.
    They are all marrieds - don't seem to want this loser there any more.
    I just carry on - but days like today when I can't even get off my drive, makes me sad.
    One thing I think is that man who owns my house is like king of the road and I know he has told some of them my situation and they talk about it behind my back - including that he should be charging me more rent because he could get more than I am paying. That scares me too.
    I guess I am not the best person to be friendly with. I like me though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe you could try keying their cars? Its not something I'd condone, but they sound like such a bunch of arseholes they would probably deserve it.

They would also never be able to prove it was you. Not if you did it late at night ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    i share your pain , well only for another month or so , hopefully we will be gone from here by then , i have said to ppl if my car is parked so i can move it to let you in then knock on my door and i will move it , some do , some just seem to use my car as fair game in dodgems !!!! , then when you remonstrate with them , it is me who is wrong !!!! , i wish this was texas , i could just shoot them and be done with it :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,019
    Forum Member
    Saint*555 wrote: »
    Can't find me old thread - it was called "Your Neighbours" :rolleyes:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=745972

My next-door neighbours are a nightmare for parking across our drive. It's not them exactly but their visitors (they have several adult kids who visit all the time). It has happened on a daily basis since we moved in about 7 years ago!!
    We've had multiple arguments with them about it, but they don't seem to care. What annoys me most is when they park across our drive just to leave their drive clear:mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Splinter-Z wrote: »

My next-door neighbours are a nightmare for parking across our drive. It's not them exactly but their visitors (they have several adult kids who visit all the time). It has happened on a daily basis since we moved in about 7 years ago!!
    We've had multiple arguments with them about it, but they don't seem to care. What annoys me most is when they park across our drive just to leave their drive clear:mad::mad:

God your good - i searched that as a topic serch and it sed "no"
    Cheers!! :D
    Do you see how good me thread was?? Hmmmm???
    Forum Member
    Splinter-Z wrote: »

Found the thread and read it. Now I think a couple of things:
    Crikey - what people do and therefore people have to put up with.....
    Why do I think that Neighbours have to be friends (I feel a theme tune coming on)? Guess I should stop that rose-tinted glasses thing.

Oooh yes - the times when their drives are empty (garages? not going to happen, either full of not-car or converted) and in front of their house is clear but I have to go the wrong way to turn round because I can't turn directly off my drive!!!
  • eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't know what tales your landlord has told to make the neighbours wary of you. You do find that married women often see a divorcee as a threat to their "domestic bliss". I am not for a moment accusing you of anything improper but I remember before I remarried alot of my contact with married pals seemed to evaporate.
  • Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only good neghbours are no neighbours!!