Rage Against The Machine for CHRISTMAS NO.1

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Majestyc wrote: »
    Er...Audioslave's lineup was essentially Rage's but replaced Zach with Chris Cornell ;)

i used to think RATM was a noisy group judging from their name and never gave them any time of the day :o:o
  • SPniSPni Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elan Morin wrote: »
    i stopped following tom after his audioslave's career.

damn. glad i picked RATM's single.

Haha. Rage were Tom's second band. He was in Lock Up first, then Rage, then Audioslave, then Street Sweeper Social Club. With a Rage reunion and Nightwatchman thrown in too. :p
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Bungle wrote: »

I'm not really sure why people keep feeling the need to bring up the itunes shop for. Itunes isn't the only download source for payable downloadable MP3s. People seem to be obsessed with bringing up this image.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure why people keep feeling the need to bring up the itunes shop for. Itunes isn't the only download source for payable downloadable MP3s. People seem to be obsessed with bringing up this image.

It accounts for a rather large portion of the download market. Live hits it's a better indicator. Oh look, Rage are at the top of that too.

http://www.livehits.co.uk/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPni wrote: »
    It accounts for a rather large portion of the download market. Live hits it's a better indicator. Oh look, Rage are at the top of that too.

http://www.livehits.co.uk/

As far as days go, that could be considered old statistics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    As far as days go, that could be considered old statistics.

Look at the page.
    Last sweep completed: 9:10pm on Sat 19th Dec 2009

It's pretty up to date.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPni wrote: »
    Look at the page.

It's pretty up to date.

Okay, sorry. I stupidly thought this was Sunday.
  • James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Live Hits only tallies the downloads, also physical sales are very important and mean Live Hits cannot be taken as proof of anything unfortunately.
  • Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Amazon.co.uk have it up for 29p. Couldn't say no to that, so went ahead and bought it. Years ago, I spent many an hour in the gym running to RATM.
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    He's more worthy than most winners:)

How so?

He seems to be as lacking in personality, creativity and musical talent as most of the rest of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon.co.uk have it up for 29p. Couldn't say no to that, so went ahead and bought it. Years ago, I spent many an hour in the gym running to RATM.

Which is quite funny, bearing in mind the band stands against half the stuff you write on this forum.

Do you not feel a bit disgusted buying the records of a bunch of commies?
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member

A lot of people seem to have bought that, not knowing that it doesn't meet the threshold of the price to be included in the charts!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    Anyone know when the result will be announced? Is it tomorrow afternoon sometime or will it be on Christmas Day itself?
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to have bought that, not knowing that it doesn't meet the threshold of the price to be included in the charts!

it does meet the threshold,amazon have paid 40p to the record company for every download,but sold them on at 29p as loss leaders,been well documented in media for nearly 4 days
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pinkster wrote: »
    Anyone know when the result will be announced? Is it tomorrow afternoon sometime or will it be on Christmas Day itself?

tomorrow at just before 7pm on Radio One
    Forum Member
    it does meet the threshold,amazon have paid 40p to the record company for every download,but sold them on at 29p as loss leaders,been well documented in media for nearly 4 days

I stand corrected.
    :)

I see the people on facebook too much as dumb you see! :)
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elan Morin wrote: »
    i used to think RATM was a noisy group

And you were right.........:D
    Forum Member
    It's all over but I wonder how many purchases will count?

I bought 6 tracks on Amazon over 3 transactions and pretty much similar on Play and itunes. I've done my bit!
  • c3pod4qpc3pod4qp Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »

It's the price the retailer pays that counts. Apparently, Amazon are making a loss on the 29p download in order to gain market share. I'd never used their download service before but after downloading this track and it appearing instantly in iTunes, I will certainly use it again.

Go RATM!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,526
    Forum Member
    tomorrow at just before 7pm on Radio One

Cheers. :)
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wonder how many listeners the chart show will get later today.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see the smug git knocked off the number one slot but I just can't see it somehow. Something inside me says it's all a fix. Don't know why but I just can't see how that many people can keep buying these X Factor singles every year and they keep going to number 1.

Simon Cowell is the kind of person who'd personally buy his way to number 1 just to save face. Even if it meant him downloading thousands of copies himself. He would rather stick rusty knitting needles in his eyes than see someone beat him to number 1.
  • BritishHoboBritishHobo Posts: 2,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh. No offence to anyone on here who's part of the RATM campaign, but some of the RATM campaigners on Facebook are pretty stupid. Like posting a bunch of swearwords on Joe McElderthingy's wall is going to help the cause.
  • The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heh. No offence to anyone on here who's part of the RATM campaign, but some of the RATM campaigners on Facebook are pretty stupid. Like posting a bunch of swearwords on Joe McElderthingy's wall is going to help the cause.

I'm all for getting this X Factor rubbish out the charts and good effort to the RATM supporters but couldn't they have chosen a better song. I'd like to see an actual Christmas song get to No1 or even a fun novelty record but why pick an equally as awful record to do it with. I'm totally against Simon Cowell but to have the number one slot replaced with this foul mouthed rubbish is equally as bad in my opinion. I don't particular want to listen to either if I was being honest.

To post offensive messages on Joe's page is just out of order. It's not his fault.