So sick of Simon Cowell.

MistMist Posts: 3,757
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There are PR stunts and then there is Simon Cowell.

I am now at a point (especially with the "rehiring of Cheryl Cole") where it is totally ruining the shows for me, all the PR and spin.

I did not enjoy BGT as it became so obvious what was going on, especially in the papers. Everything now seems so contrived.

I will now give x factor and us x factor a miss, as I will not be able to look on them as a good competition anymore, but rather a show where you are told that it is up to viewers who wins, but after what has happened with the us x factor saga, and also BGT, and with everything that has gone on, you have to wonder.

Let's face it, if someone is publically sacked, faced humiliation in the worst possible way, would you want to return to the place that treated you like that. I wouldn't, yet apparently Cheryl Cole is going straight back without any problems about it. Doesnt make sense.

I do think however, this will backfire massively against Simon Cowell over here, he cannot deny this looks odd. People will also switch off like me as it just does not feel real anymore.

Comments

• loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly how i feel, it just leaves a bad taste in you mouth. i believe simon will be coming tumbling back to earth soon, it happens to everyone, here it has taken about 5 years but now how long will it take in the US??

now its worse with cheryl by his side, his obsession with her has reached abnormal levels, it's even surpassed prince edward and wallis simpson.

they have this aura of evil power about them, just hoping and praying that they don't succeed
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reminds me of the Louis sacking and Cowell being filmed phoning Louis to give him his job back. I cannot wait to see it being acted out again on the US show lol. Don't know what the Americans will make of it. I suppose it will make good TV. Cowell doesn't annoy me. His shows are more about publicity and entertainment than finding a proper Artist. American Idol fills that void for me.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. So obvious.

Cheryl been axed from XFUS. Headlines for days.
    Then suddenly, Simon returns to BGT and the story changes to an evil tweeter making allegations about a contestant.
    Then that show ends, and the police reveal that they won't be prosecuting anyone as there's evidence it was just a publicity stunt.
    As soon as that story turns out to be trash, lo and behold, Cheryl is back in XFUS again and the headlines contiue.

He's playing us for mugs.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    It reminds me of the Louis sacking and Cowell being filmed phoning Louis to give him his job back. I cannot wait to see it being acted out again on the US show lol. Don't know what the Americans will make of it. I suppose it will make good TV. Cowell doesn't annoy me. His shows are more about publicity and entertainment than finding a proper Artist. American Idol fills that void for me.

This is what i think. Americans love drama on their televisions and this will give them it. They love drama on tv so much that on reality shows like Wife Swap they make arguments up. (it tells you at the start that some of it isnt all real.)
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    come on blake lively, release a sex tape with leonardo dicaprio

january jones reveal your baby daddy to be someone shocking

jen and brad get back together
  • jcallaghan86jcallaghan86 Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he disappears from British tv, bgt was good up until he came back and I hope x factor thrives without him
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope he disappears from British tv, bgt was good up until he came back and I hope x factor thrives without him

He will be hoping for that too. You know it does earn him millions :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry, but what proof do we have for this apart for some tabloid stories?
  • Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh the irony of your post! He would love nothing better to see it thrive while he is making more money away in USA :D
  • AmazingAmazing Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just surprised it's taking some people so long to wake up to this odious little man.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't deny he's a genius! If the UK fails he will be able to swoop back in next year with Cheryl and restore order! If it suceeds without them it's just one less show on his cluttered schedule that he makes money from but doesn't need to appear on!
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe the USXF will be his downfall. The show isn't needed over there, and these idiotic stunts are just getting people angry and frustrated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that it takes us for mugs and makes the shows not about the "talent" but about Cowell and the judges.

Its been about the judges far too much for 3-4 years now...its got out of hand and the level of manipulation going on during last years XF coupled with this just makes us all suffer from "manipulation fatigue". I'm sick and tired of these shows being about the judges...and I think everyone else is too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lydian wrote: »
    The problem is that it takes us for mugs and makes the shows not about the "talent" but about Cowell and the judges.

Its been about the judges far too much for 3-4 years now...its got out of hand and the level of manipulation going on during last years XF coupled with this just makes us all suffer from "manipulation fatigue". I'm sick and tired of these shows being about the judges...and I think everyone else is too.

Couldn't agree more. I sincerely hope all this comes back to bite $imon on the behind. The only way I can think of to make any difference is either not to watch or, as I've been doing for the last 3 series', not to vote. Not sure whether it really has any effect but it makes me feel better.

I just hope the massively inflated balloon that is his ego bursts before long. Mind you, how long before he gets the law onto those of us who are claiming it is a PR stunt....;)