Glenn? :(

I think if the show makes it that far this may never happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    I think if the show makes it that far this may never happen

I think so too.
    The good thing about the TV series is they changed up the deaths. So us comic book readers actually have no idea who is going to die or live.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also hope we see the return of Morgan Jones (Lennie James) and his son in this series. In series 1 they always made a big deal of Rick radioing him to let him know what places were walker-free, I don't think you seen him radio Morgan at any point during series 2?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I also hope we see the return of Morgan Jones (Lennie James) and his son in this series. In series 1 they always made a big deal of Rick radioing him to let him know what places were walker-free, I don't think you seen him radio Morgan at any point during series 2?

Its made into a big deal in the comics.
    Morgan returns in the comics without his son

But i think they want him back they just are trying to work around Lennie James' busy scedhule.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could people who have read the comics please refrain from spoilers here because its fun to predict and speculate what is going to happen, but of course the plot for this season is already widely available out there so please no confirmations of any of the speculations :)
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    never used spoilers before so hope this works! From not reading the comics, purely from the trailer is andrea on some sort of fenced off town wheras the main group are at a prison? I keep hearing woodberry mentioned, is that the town or the name of the prison?
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member

I thought either his radio was in his car, which they didnt have in season two or it had run out of batteries.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Gulfam1 wrote: »
    Could people who have read the comics please refrain from spoilers here because its fun to predict and speculate what is going to happen, but of course the plot for this season is already widely available out there so please no confirmations of any of the speculations :)

I've just started to read the comics and so far I can tell you the television show is almost completely different from what's occurred in the comics. In fact the show has missed out certain locations, certain sexual relationships, certain deaths have not happened at all too and new characters have been introduced (I think t-dog & carol count in this as they are completely different in the comic).
    Forum Member
    The prison is a separate entity to Woodbury in the comics. Woodbury only gets discovered by Rick, Michone & Glenn when they leave the prison after witnessing the helicopter crash
    Tt88 wrote: »
    never used spoilers before so hope this works! From not reading the comics, purely from the trailer is andrea on some sort of fenced off town wheras the main group are at a prison? I keep hearing woodberry mentioned, is that the town or the name of the prison?
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    Some people have been speculating that at 3.28 in the trailer - that zombie looks like Daryl!!! Personally I can't see it! Looks nothing like him! If it were true though - I've just lost interest in TWD.
    Me too- but I'm hoping it's not so.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait until season 3 starts! I love this show!

By the way, does anyone know if the UK will get the special limited edition 2nd season blu ray set? It's one of the most amazing Blu ray sets I've ever seen. It's selling on AMAZON USA for $65. But I don't see it on AMAZON UK. I've got a friend who's interested in getting one. If you haven't seen them, here are the pics:

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd buy that if it was released here
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Excellent.Havent seen season 1 yet.
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sootysoo wrote: »

Ooooh, when is that issue of Entertainment Weekly out in the UK? I'll have Daryl on the cover please and thank you very much!
    Forum Member
    Ooooh, when is that issue of Entertainment Weekly out in the UK? I'll have Daryl on the cover please and thank you very much!

This site says it's due for release this Friday but it doesn't say whether that's the UK or the US. There's some more pics here too. http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/58551/walking-dead-season-3-ew-image-blow-out
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

I don't think its a publication thats available in the UK.
  • Frunchy2904Frunchy2904 Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for this to start, I loved the last two and feel sure this one will not disappoint!:)
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member

It wasn't available in the UK - but there are links on the web to the interview and the images.

So excited for the new series (I'm sure it'll be better than series 2 - fingers crossed!)
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today AMC renewed "The Walking Dead" for a 4th season even the though the 3rd one hasn't aired yet. There was no major announcement through the press though. Just a simple contest on their webpage which states that US viewers can win a trip to the season 4 set in 2013. :)

LINK
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not surprising. As long as the ratings are great, they will continue making them. I think it's safe to say that this show will be around for a long while (probably 7 or 8 seasons). I don't see the ratings letting up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The big question as I see it is will the TV show run closer to the origianl graphic novel series or will they take a different tack on this.

If I recall correctly at the end of season 2 there was the prison in the background.

If they follow the novels then they will move in there and things will turn rather grim for a while.

Then again if the show keeps running for 8 or 9 seasons it could get pretty grim for everyone as there are only so many walkers you can or want to watch being shot, stabbed, burned, whacked in the head etc.