Emmerdale - the state of Ashley the vicar

royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry if I've spelt that wrong.

Tuned into Emmerdale tonight to see Berenice back. My gosh though! What the hell have they done to Ashley? He looks like hes had a mental breakdown, dragged through a hedge, then slept rough for a few months. Hes aged about 30 years in the space of 2. :eek:

Comments

• Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    He's not a vicar anymore. He is a farm labourer now...
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if I've spelt that wrong.

Tuned into Emmerdale tonight to see Berenice back. My gosh though! What the hell have they done to Ashley? He looks like hes had a mental breakdown, dragged through a hedge, then slept rough for a few months. Hes aged about 30 years in the space of 2. :eek:

Thats exactly what has happened to him...except for the hedge bit.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made a thread about this ages ago, but nobody saw fit to comment on it! I just don't get the reason why he still has that disgusting looking beard! And how nobody mentions it is completely ridiculous, but then it was the same with the rapidly shrinking Hazel too, nobody even mentioned her weight loss! But at least that could be explained by the actress wanting to lose weight, what is the excuse for Ashley's beard? Does the actor think it's attractive? Because I have news for him....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the beard really suits him. He looks less simple now.
  • Cameron MurrayCameron Murray Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    The actor said it was a symbol of his almost character transformation. He has been stripped off all his history almost and is back to square one as a new person.

Some men use facial hair to reflect their mood I guess.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's horrid. It looks like a dead rat around his mouth.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wench02 wrote: »
    It's horrid. It looks like a dead rat around his mouth.

That made me lol, but I think it suits him
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley has a lot more life to him these days I think, he doesnt have to be who everyone expects him to be now that he's no longer a priest
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he should return to the Church , it would be interesting to see how he handled it and how his congregation handled it .
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    I think he would look better with his beard if he had a hair cut.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I love his development. I had hoped for ages that they would do something bold and different with the character when he was a Vicar, because he got boring. I find him much more interesting now. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Ashley has a lot more life to him these days I think, he doesnt have to be who everyone expects him to be now that he's no longer a priest

This!