DOI Twitter = disgusting

TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
Forum Member
I'm absolutely appalled by the Dancing On Ice official Twitter account tonight. They've been asking what people's highlights of this week's show was, offering 2 suggestions: Joe vs Keith, and "Mark's shoulder". What a disgusting thing to post! Anyone who thinks an injury is a high point of the show has something wrong with them IMO, and to encouarge such comments is sickening. Surely there are things to celebrate rather than that!?

Thankfully a couple of people commented saying just that, but I'm still very angry. :mad:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    very bad taste and shows the show isn't about the quality of skating
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should have said Mark managing to skate after injuring his shoulfer. That was pretty impressive!
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    They should have said Mark managing to skate after injuring his shoulfer. That was pretty impressive!

Yep.

Amazing how much nicer you can make the same thing sound.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, some people leaving comments on twitter are worse. I read some of the comments about Beth Tweedle, who looked lovely tonight and they were really insulting about her looks. Most of them don't even post their own picture on their sites and they think it ok to call others ugly
  • Striker22Striker22 Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    tobi wrote: »
    To be honest, some people leaving comments on twitter are worse. I read some of the comments about Beth Tweedle, who looked lovely tonight and they were really insulting about her looks. Most of them don't even post their own picture on their sites and they think it ok to call others ugly

Beth Tweddle is a nice girl and she did look lovely tonight and skates well.

To be fair to the offensive posters, it is hard to have a good view of the telly over their KFC bargain dustbins and through a haze of **** smoke.
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good post Tejas.
    But it's really pretty mild compared to a lot of the reactions to stories, we see online.
    The Twitter, Facebook and online forum world seems to attract sickos.
    It can be a story about a member of the Royal family being ill, or a child being ill, or someone doing something for charity... Whatever.
    But no matter how innocent the story, you can be certain that among the 'positive comments', some weirdos will crawl out of their holes and make nasty remarks.
    Surely it can't be that people today are nastier than those in the past? It must be that the online world gives cowards the opportunity to show their nasty side, while hiding their identity.

These creeps make me mad, which is why I avoid Facebook and Twitter and only post on DS and a football forum. Not totally foolproof, but it helps me avoid many of the nasty little creeps.
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,430
    Forum Member
    Striker22 wrote: »
    Beth Tweddle is a nice girl and she did look lovely tonight and skates well.

To be fair to the offensive posters, it is hard to have a good view of the telly over their KFC bargain dustbins and through a haze of **** smoke.

Ha ha!! Well said.

I know Beth has an advantage but I do enjoy watching her skating.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    BillyBoy7 wrote: »
    Good post Tejas.
    But it's really pretty mild compared to a lot of the reactions to stories, we see online.
    The Twitter, Facebook and online forum world seems to attract sickos.
    It can be a story about a member of the Royal family being ill, or a child being ill, or someone doing something for charity... Whatever.
    But no matter how innocent the story, you can be certain that among the 'positive comments', some weirdos will crawl out of their holes and make nasty remarks.
    Surely it can't be that people today are nastier than those in the past? It must be that the online world gives cowards the opportunity to show their nasty side, while hiding their identity.

These creeps make me mad, which is why I avoid Facebook and Twitter and only post on DS and a football forum. Not totally foolproof, but it helps me avoid many of the nasty little creeps.

Yeah, its a sad state of affairs really isn't it? My main criticism though, was that it was the OFFICIAL Dancing On Ice Twitter page that seemed to be celebrating an injury, that was very poor taste. I expected better but to be honest I shouldn't be surprised!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    Yeah, its a sad state of affairs really isn't it? My main criticism though, was that it was the OFFICIAL Dancing On Ice Twitter page that seemed to be celebrating an injury, that was very poor taste. I expected better but to be honest I shouldn't be surprised!

I do agree - IMO I think the decline in ratings is spurring the programme makers on to look for publicity in anything - they're grasping at any sort of opportunity even if it's in poor taste.

I used to be a DOI devotee but for several series now I have been very disappointed in the direction it's taking.:( Guess it's time I stopped watching!