Back to the day job for Rylan

13»

Comments

• Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue_Rourke wrote: »
    And some of them can even be objective about Rylan :)
    Saying Rylan can't sing is hardly an opinion which very few people have. Thousands of people up and down the UK would say he can't sing and did so while he was on the X Factor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Saying Rylan can't sing is hardly an opinion which very few people have. Thousands of people up and down the UK would say he can't sing and did so while he was on the X Factor.

And I'd say they were not making an objective assessment :D

I'll concede that this is partly semantics as lots of people confuse ability to sing with whether they enjoy a performance or not - but as I said earlier they aren't the same thing.

I'm not a fan of Rylan's singing and he was outclassed by the other finalists. He can sing though and has a better than average voice which has the potential to become very good.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

And yet he beat thousands of people at the auditions - he got through boot camp and got through to week eight on the show. To say he can't sing is a bit daft IMO.

I'm posting this again - did you see it? Is this someone who can't sing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQBu17EBoA
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sue_Rourke wrote: »
    And I'd say they were not making an objective assessment :D

I'll concede that this is partly semantics as lots of people confuse ability to sing with whether they enjoy a performance or not - but as I said earlier they aren't the same thing.

I'm not a fan of Rylan's singing and he was outclassed by the other finalists. He can sing though and has a better than average voice which has the potential to become very good.

Give it up Sue....Sun Tzu...is a 24 year old boy who would probably love to be living the Rylan dream right now;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And yet he beat thousands of people at the auditions - he got through boot camp and got through to week eight on the show. To say he can't sing is a bit daft IMO.

It's a very pleasant performance, gotta say I've heard far, FAR worse ! Couple that with the fact that he's entertaining and I think he could have quite a decent career. I thought he was more interested in the production side of music tho ?
  • Summer KissesSummer Kisses Posts: 3,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aww bless him. I wasn't a supporter on X Factor as I supported our local lad James Arthur. But Rylan was always a well loved lad both with the contestants on X Factor and those behind the scenes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That isn't a good argument because X Factor is famous for putting through utter shite for entertainment value. And many of the acts get invited to go on the show. So it isn't like they all sit in a long audition line.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    That isn't a good argument because X Factor is famous for putting through utter shite for entertainment value. And many of the acts get invited to go on the show. So it isn't like they all sit in a long audition line.

So did you watch the clip (you tube)? Do you still insist he can't sing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No better than an average karaoke performance which happens all over the country in the UK at weekends.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I do admire Rylan's work ethic. From looking at his twitter I don't think there is X Factor Monday night but he's doing nightclub thing with meet and greet and then back on x factor tour tues, fairplay to him
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I do admire Rylan's work ethic. From looking at his twitter I don't think there is X Factor Monday night but he's doing nightclub thing with meet and greet and then back on x factor tour tues, fairplay to him

You could call it work ethic or I think of it as having the street savvy to know that he has a limited shelf life & needs to strike while the iron's hot.Thus he will grab all opportunities thrown his way even if it means curtailing his social life & running on empty re R&R in order to put himself about.
    This is no bad thing at all & I'm not implying that. Just saying he's not as green as he is cabbage looking . He is savvy re "the Business" & will do what it takes if he has any actual brain sense.
    He is still fake as Wogan's wig ,but if that's what floats your boat then c'est la vie.
  • jannajanna Posts: 7,323
    Forum Member
    He CAN sing. Just badly. Sorry.
    He is entertaining while singing,but not good by a long chalk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Yep....everyone who's met him says the same thing....but people on this forum who never have...knows best and calls him fake:rolleyes:

And belabour and talk it into the ground. It says more about them than it could ever do him. Just let him be a success at whatever he chooses to do and hopefully find the right vehicle. It's his to lose now - everybody will want him on their show.

His talent is his gift of the gab. He isn't just an empty headed wannabe. His "Drop me ahht" is better that "Shat app" from Amy Whateverhernameis.