Most entertaining winner

Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
Forum Member
✭✭
So who was it then?

I think we can safely say it wasn't Rachel, Cameron or Luke A. I'm sure most will agree.

Many will say Josie no doubt. She was the girl next door type, larger than life and she had a bubbly personality. She threw herself into absolutely everything.

Brian Belo is another one. His sheer stupidity made for good entertainment. He was certainly a character.

Kate Lawler may also be in with a shout. I doubt there's many people who didn't like Kate. She was such a fun girl who was up for anything. She would probably get my vote.

Nadia for me shouldn't even be in the running. She lied her way through Big Brother and she came across as a horrible person on Ultimate Big Brother.

Comments

• JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Aaron - the best winner of Big Brother so far. Thread over.
  • Oliver Loxton-POliver Loxton-P Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackk wrote: »

What made him entertaining?
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, because your opinion is the only one that matters. :) :rolleyes:

For me, it's Rachel. People claim she's boring, she never did anything, etc. I happen to disagree. She spoke her mind on several occasions, but people like to rewrite history and conveniently forget it. When she saw something she disagreed with, she stated that, and kept her class at all times. She was enthusiastic about the whole experience, you could tell she genuinely just enjoyed being there, I always felt happy when she was on screen. I find that much more entertaining than faux drama and people trying hard to be controversial.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachel's idea of excitement was eating a full bag of grapes. Rex just about summed her up... i'd swap her for scrabble!
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel's idea of excitement was eating full bag of grapes. Rex just about summed her up... i'd swap her for scrabble!

See, that's exactly what I mean. People seem to go straight to the same old things in regards to Rachel. The grape thing, the scrabble thing, the "she sat on the fence thing" (which is factually incorrect), it's one big bandwagon imo. :)

I found Rex massively boring. Overrated doesn't begin to cover him. :)
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Rachel's idea of excitement was eating full bag of grapes. Rex just about summed her up... i'd swap her for scrabble!

Different strokes for different folks I guess because I found Rex's relentless self obsession about as interesting as a dose of the clap. Rachel was interested in other people, which is why she wasn't remotely boring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See, that's exactly what I mean. People seem to go straight to the same old things in regards to Rachel. The grape thing, the scrabble thing, the "she sat on the fence thing" (which is factually incorrect), it's one big bandwagon imo. :)

Rex was so much more entertaining. It's not even close.

He didn't just tip toe around people like Rachel did. He actually had the balls to speak his mind. Who knows, maybe that was Rachel's game plan all along. I suppose it worked for her in the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Different strokes for different folks I guess because I found Rex's relentless self obsession about as interesting as a dose of the clap. Rachel was interested in other people, which is why she wasn't remotely boring.

Rex had lived a fulfilled and interesting life and that's why he had many stories to tell. He certainly wasn't bullshitting. He was just sharing his own life experiences.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Nadia.
    She could be over-the-top wacky and hilarious or deep and complex.
    And that laugh could lighten up the darkest night.
  • Paul WilsonPaul Wilson Posts: 5,108
    Forum Member
    Rex was so much more entertaining. It's not even close.

He didn't just tip toe around people like Rachel did. He actually had the balls to speak his mind. Who knows, maybe that was Rachel's game plan all along. I suppose it worked for her in the end.

Rachels game plan was for Rex to speak his mind? What rot. Was it Rachels game plan to bring Nicole in too? Was it Rachels game plan for Rex to get an official warning for his treatment of Sara? Was it Rachels game plan for him to go on and on and on and on and on about how he was the best chef in the world?
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, it's Rachel. People claim she's boring, she never did anything, etc. I happen to disagree. She spoke her mind on several occasions, but people like to rewrite history and conveniently forget it. When she saw something she disagreed with, she stated that, and kept her class at all times. She was enthusiastic about the whole experience, you could tell she genuinely just enjoyed being there, I always felt happy when she was on screen. I find that much more entertaining than faux drama and people trying hard to be controversial.

Completely agree with every word. :D

The person who started this thread made two threads about the "dullest winner", (I think having two was a mistake as the first post in both threads had exactly the same words), but they both ended up being closed. I wouldn't be surprised if this thread ends up being closed too.
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    Many will say Josie no doubt. She was the girl next door type, larger than life and she had a bubbly personality. She threw herself into absolutely everything.

Did you watch that series?

She threw herself into bed and that was about it
    Forum Member

I found him boring like most in his series
    Forum Member
    He didn't just tip toe around people like Rachel did. He actually had the balls to speak his mind.

Someone has already explained to you that Rachel didnt tip toe round people. She did speak her mind but people choose to not see it.

e.g. she spoke out to Alexandra to her face. Who else had the guts to do that.

Your hero Rex?

No.
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron or Brain Dowling were the ones that I found most entertaining, but I found most winners entertaining in some way, even dull duvet-dweller Josie in the first week or so!
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel's presence and eventual triumph entertained me the most so she gets my vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rachels game plan was for Rex to speak his mind? What rot. Was it Rachels game plan to bring Nicole in too? Was it Rachels game plan for Rex to get an official warning for his treatment of Sara? Was it Rachels game plan for him to go on and on and on and on and on about how he was the best chef in the world?

Nice deflecting, but no, i'm sure you know fine well what I meant.

Rachel's game plan was to sit on the fence and not say anything too controversial. She tip toed around people and rarely got involved when there was an issue. She kept her head down and hung around in the background for the most part.

It was her endearing personality which won her it rather than her being entertaining.
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nadia.
    She could be over-the-top wacky and hilarious or deep and complex.
    And that laugh could lighten up the darkest night.

Worst housemate ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peterstone wrote: »
    Did you watch that series?

She threw herself into bed and that was about it

I don't think that was the case at all. I remember her being a girl who was really up for a laugh. Pretty much everyone in the house liked her.
  • zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think most entertaining would probably be Kate for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst housemate ever.

Agreed.

Nadia is truly vile and she showed that in Ultimate Big Brother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peterstone wrote: »
    Someone has already explained to you that Rachel didnt tip toe round people. She did speak her mind but people choose to not see it.

e.g. she spoke out to Alexandra to her face. Who else had the guts to do that.

Your hero Rex?

No.

The guts?

Alexandra was just a housemate like everyone else. It hardly shows great courage and bravery. And certainly does not prove she was entertaining.

There is a reason why Rachel is widely regarded as one of the most boring ever winners. She did very little of note throughout the series. She won because she was a nice person, not because she was entertaining.
  • dannyboy22dannyboy22 Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I liked Rachel she did give to the series and im glad she won

but she sat on the fence loads in normal chit chat it was very hard to get her to give her opinion on anything thats why she had the rep for it after all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sigh. Hello again FM-with-many-names. Another day, another thread having a go at Luke. Having two locked in one day was not enough for you?

The most entertaining winner for me was Luke.

The next most entertaining was Aaron.

The third most entertaining was Cameron.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, Pete. No other housemate has engrossed me so much.
This discussion has been closed.