Options

Using mobile in the EU

mobilymobily Posts: 261
Forum Member
Hi

I am going to Lanzarote in a few weeks and will be taking my HTC Desire which is on the Orange network.

I know that if someone from the UK wishes to call me they just dial the usual number. However if someone in Lanzarote wishes to call me would they need to use the UK dialling code?

Many thanks

Comments

• Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mobily wrote: »
    Hi

I am going to Lanzarote in a few weeks and will be taking my HTC Desire which is on the Orange network.

I know that if someone from the UK wishes to call me they just dial the usual number. However if someone in Lanzarote wishes to call me would they need to use the UK dialling code?

Many thanks

That is correct.

When you are outwith the UK anyone who is also on a foreign network who wants to call your mobile will have to use the full International number format. i.e. +44 7XXX XXXXXX

They will be charged at their operator's rate for calling a UK mobile phone and you will also be charged the roaming fee for receiving the call. If you are going to use your phone often in Spain for local contacts have a look at the SIM only PAYG plans available from local networks as the cost is much cheaper but you won't get calls on your UK number when the local SIM is being used.
  • Options
    mobilymobily Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help and swift reply!
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    You could also contact orange to see if they have any roaming options you could add to your account while your away.