Record from freetime box

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
Forum Member
Not sure if this has been covered but is there any way I can take a recording from my freetime box and put it either on USB or DVD.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been covered but is there any way I can take a recording from my freetime box and put it either on USB or DVD.

Thanks in advance

Only by recording in SD to a DVD recorder or say a PC with a means of converting the analogue stream to digital on the fly using the analogue outputs. For example a USB to digital converter. (Usually sold for converting analogue camcorder tapes to DVD).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    Only by recording in SD to a DVD recorder or say a PC with a means of converting the analogue stream to digital on the fly using the analogue outputs. For example a USB to digital converter. (Usually sold for converting analogue camcorder tapes to DVD).

So technically I should be able to connect my DVD recorder to the freetime via scart lead and do it on the fly that way so press play on recording and record on the DVD recorder . Making sure the DVD recorder is on the scart channel
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    markdyer72 wrote: »
    So technically I should be able to connect my DVD recorder to the freetime via scart lead and do it on the fly that way so press play on recording and record on the DVD recorder . Making sure the DVD recorder is on the scart channel

Correct. if your DVDR supports RGB recording make sure the HDR is set to output RGB (and you use a fully wired scart lead) and the DVDR is set to record RGB. This will give you the best possible SD recording.
    Forum Member
    Correct. if your DVDR supports RGB recording make sure the HDR is set to output RGB (and you use a fully wired scart lead) and the DVDR is set to record RGB. This will give you the best possible SD recording.

Ok thanks for that will try it sometime over Xmas, just I recorded something off the red button for OH and she wants it on disc to watch at home again at her perusal
    Forum Member
    Worked a treat thanks
    Forum Member
    Cool even works recording from on demand channels
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    Hi
    If you have HDFURY. And Haupauge HDPVR you can copy via hdmi to PC and create an he DVD or bray.