Grey's Anatomy Season 10 (US Pace!)

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I loved this weeks Callie episode, my favourite of the season so far by some margin! :)

I really liked the way they cut between the court scenes and the stuff at the hospital, and the stuff that was going on in Callie's personal life at the time, though I did find it a bit weird how they casually decided to inform us that Arizona had a miscarriage that was never mentioned before!

It was a nice surprise to me when Papa Torres made a reappearance too. Considering most of the characters have messed up family lives, it's nice to see that Callie has (at least from her dad) support and love from home. I did find it a bit weird that Callie suddenly decided she'd maybe be up for a reconciliation because her Dad told her she should, but to be honest I always felt that they would end up back together sooner rather than later. I quite like that Leah might finally get a storyline out of this too. I can't imagine she'll be to happy at being dropped like a stone, and Callie will probably back out of a reunion when she finds out Arizona hasn't been as lonely as she'd expected!

Notes:
    Anyone else think that this episode was weirdly positioned in the series? The previous one introduced some pretty interesting new story threads (Miranda's OCD, Cristina hijacking the printer, Meredith completely losing focus etc) only for them to be dropped this week. I loved this episode, but it almost felt as if it should have happened last week, then have last weeks episode here!

I liked Callie's dad referencing the past, but it did make me cross when he mentioned Arizona's "good man in a storm" speech, because whilst it was very appropriate to the episode, it always bugged me that it wasn't mentioned in the season finale, where Arizona proved herself to be the exact opposite, in an ACTUAL storm ! :p

Jackson has barely featured in the last two or three episodes, and I have to say, I have barely noticed him not being there. :o

I'm worried they are intent on making Cristina unlikable to soften the blow when she goes. Even though she is almost always correct in the disputes she's been having of late, I still think they are going overboard to alienate her from her friends. Even though Cristina has never been affectionate or lovey dovey, she's always been a good friend - I can't buy her falling out with everyone and then leaving as a result - she deserves a better exit than that! Does anyone know if Sandra Oh is onscreen till the end of the season, because at the moment it feels like her exit is going to come sooner.

It's really only Meredith she's having problems with though.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did enjoy that episode but felt like this could have been a story we watched unfold from the beginning. We knew the verdict as it was clearly a one story episode.
  • gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    It's really only Meredith she's having problems with though.

She also spoke against Callie in court this week. Although I didn't think that was as out of character for Cristina, she always stands up for what she thinks is medically correct - and she thought Callie had made a mistake.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    She also spoke against Callie in court this week. Although I didn't think that was as out of character for Cristina, she always stands up for what she thinks is medically correct - and she thought Callie had made a mistake.

Yeah, this is what I meant. I might have just made a bit to much of it, but I thought that the scene was meant to show a rift starting to form between her and Callie.

Obviously Cristina couldn't (and wouldn't) lie in court, but I thought the way she gave evidence seemed quite cold and as if she didn't really care what happened to Callie. Jo in contrast also told the truth, but appeared to be at least trying to stick up for Callie at the same time. Maybe I'm just looking into it to much because I really want Cristina to have the great ending she deserves!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, this is what I meant. I might have just made a bit to much of it, but I thought that the scene was meant to show a rift starting to form between her and Callie.

Obviously Cristina couldn't (and wouldn't) lie in court, but I thought the way she gave evidence seemed quite cold and as if she didn't really care what happened to Callie. Jo in contrast also told the truth, but appeared to be at least trying to stick up for Callie at the same time. Maybe I'm just looking into it to much because I really want Cristina to have the great ending she deserves!

Yeah I agree with you that it does appear a rift is being formed between Cristina and Callie as well as her and Mer. I really don't want Cristina to leave not being Meredith's friend. They have been through so much together and we've had it drummed into us for 9 seasons that they are each other's person, it wouldn't be a fitting exit for her in my opinion. I still feel, as predictable as it seems, the only viable way for Cristina to exit is with an exciting job prospect so she can be a world class surgeon somewhere else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the last episode of the the first half of the season. Thought it was a good episode. Enjoyed the wedding scenes and hoping it is signalling the end of Meredith and Cristina's rift - at least they spoke to each other in the episode even if it was by shouting - now they know each other's thoughts they might work it out. I really don't want Cristina to leave without having made up with Mer.
    The scene at the end with Derek was odd and I'm wondering where that's going. I get the feeling he's going to regret saying he'll take a backseat in work just now to let Meredith focus on her career.

I'm hoping Arizona will finally tell Callie how she's feeling rather than just getting herself wound up.
    Would like to see Alexs story develop further so hope his dad doesn't die.

I'm glad Jackson has finally opened up, but I still think April will stick with Matthew. Guess we'll have to wait a while to find out though.
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that for Christina to leave for any reason they had to shift her world at Seattle Grace beyond recognition. They spent most of the season post plane crash having her face up to that being her home and the place she wants to be regardless of how tough it was to be there.
    To do anything that had her up and leave after that without showing why that wasn't the case anymore would have been bad writing in my opinion!
    I also thought that without wanting to lie under oath, Christina was as supporting as she could be to Callie, given she had openly argued the decision at the time.

I don't know if they have left Jackson and April too long. I like them, and never really felt she loved Matthew, but maybe it's gone on too long.

I hope Arizona tells Callie how she feels, I think they have done the amputation story really well and it's reminded me a lot of how my family member dealt with their own loss of a limb.
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That ending...
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew Jackson would do that, I prefer Matthew though, he seems better for April.
    Also loved April's little meltdown at her bridesmaids!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so glad Jackson finally admitted how he felt. I hope that Jackson and April can make things work. What an amazing cliff hanger! :o:D
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I was so glad Jackson finally admitted how he felt. I hope that Jackson and April can make things work. What an amazing cliff hanger! :o:D

I suspect she will go through with the wedding and then regret it, more angst that way;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I suspect she will go through with the wedding and then regret it, more angst that way;-)

This is what I'm expecting to happen too, I don't see her not going through with the wedding.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think it's a foregone conclusion that April carries on with the wedding, though later wonders what could have been.

I personally prefer Matthew for April more than I ever have Jackson, but I think it's very obvious that Greys see it differently. I think April & Jackson are an obvious end-game pairing, but I think there's a long way to go before they end up together - we all know how Greys love to drag out these storylines out.

So yeah, I think it's almost a certainty that Jackson and April end up together in the end, I think the only question is whether Shonda will have dropped a plane on April moments beforehand, like they did to my personal favourite "on/off, will they/won't they" couple. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »

Yeah I can see that happening :(;-)
    Yeah, I think it's a foregone conclusion that April carries on with the wedding, though later wonders what could have been.

I personally prefer Matthew for April more than I ever have Jackson, but I think it's very obvious that Greys see it differently. I think April & Jackson are an obvious end-game pairing, but I think there's a long way to go before they end up together - we all know how Greys love to drag out these storylines out.

So yeah, I think it's almost a certainty that Jackson and April end up together in the end, I think the only question is whether Shonda will have dropped a plane on April moments beforehand, like they did to my personal favourite "on/off, will they/won't they" couple. :(

The sides for the next episode suggests that
    a wedding takes place

BIB - RIP Slexie :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    Just caught up with the last episode of the the first half of the season. Thought it was a good episode. Enjoyed the wedding scenes and hoping it is signalling the end of Meredith and Cristina's rift - at least they spoke to each other in the episode even if it was by shouting - now they know each other's thoughts they might work it out. I really don't want Cristina to leave without having made up with Mer.
    Shonda Rhimes tweeted that viewers had missed that that was Mer and Cristina making up. Way to confuse us Shonda!!

I love Greys, can't wait for February to come.
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated it. Why has Leah become this joke parody character it's weird! Jackson and Stephanie make sense and I am really frustrated that they couldn't have just for once allowed a pairing to be friends. Jackson and April make sense as friends.

I think with Christina isfitting together nicely. Her move to another hospital last season showed she was ready to move on but the accident and Meredith made her come back. Now Meredith is settled and everyones moving on she wont put anyone else above any future offers. I've no doubt she'll get offered like head of cardio somewhere or something and take it.
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does this begin airing in the States again?
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does this begin airing in the States again?

27th February.
  • orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    27th February.

• freefallerfreefaller Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Under one week to go people!

Here is a link to a speculative SPOILER, very interesting and shorted the URL because link gives it away a bit...

http://goo.gl/QIcrnw

I hope Shonda isn't finding a way to ruin MerDer. The president's phone call will be testing for them but imagine if Rose came back on the scene with a baby?! I know it's speculation rather than fact but it would be something Shonda would do...NO Grey's couple has a happy ending.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    I know this is a S10 thread but I'm just started season 6 (after starting to watch S1 about 3 weeks ago) and wondered does Alex become a bit more of a character than he was. I know he has the Izzy stuff at S6 point, but he always feels like the odd one out, the spare part.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is a S10 thread but I'm just started season 6 (after starting to watch S1 about 3 weeks ago) and wondered does Alex become a bit more of a character than he was. I know he has the Izzy stuff at S6 point, but he always feels like the odd one out, the spare part.

He is a main player, i have been desperatly catching up on box sets, only have a few to go now on series 9, then can start series 10.

I love this show its drawn me in.

IF you like greys anatomy, you will like the spin off private practice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grey's Anatomy is back tonight. Who will April choose? What will be the outcome of Derek's phonecall? Can we finally have Meredith and Cristina back as each others 'person'?

Been a while, excited to see what happens.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 hour to go! I can't wait.