Casey's Mum Thanked Jim

sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Casey's own mother isn't offended by what Jim says to Casey, so what's everybodys issue, he's a comedian, he does one-liners , he makes people laugh, he knows who to say things to and who not to, he knows how to make Casey laugh and he cheered her up. So the PC brigade should shurrup.

Comments

• WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So either agree with you or shut up in fear of being labelled "PC brigade"? *closes thread door on the way out*
  • yawalloperyawalloper Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    A lot of people just annoyed that the mums are coming in and showing love for jim. Even luisa is caving to his charms. That must hurt a few peeps on here.
  • SquishySquishy Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Jim a really interesting character for many reasons. I think he has a very good heart and I'm glad Casey's mum saw that and thanked him.

But yes, his jokes are awful, usually bad taste and there to offend someone - it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's been his role for the last however many years and it's not likely to change.
  • sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So either agree with you or shut up in fear of being labelled "PC brigade"? *closes thread door on the way out*

so what's wrong with Jim looking out for Casey then ?
    or is he doing it because he fancies her ? because that's the options here isn't it and the insinuation !!!!
    Opinion is going to be one or the other, like many threads, so do you have one ?
  • DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caseys mum and louisas mum both like him
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane wrote: »

yes, and they like him, so that tells you something doesn't it - and they like him despite the fact that they will also know of and heard of the TV Comedian Jim, the one the tells the jokes that some find distasteful, yet whatever their opinion on that side of him, they were able to separate that from the Jim they've seen in the house and still like him. So he must be doing something right.
    Forum Member
    Diane wrote: »

So did sams mum.
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Squishy wrote: »
    I find Jim a really interesting character for many reasons. I think he has a very good heart and I'm glad Casey's mum saw that and thanked him.

But yes, his jokes are awful, usually bad taste and there to offend someone - it's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's been his role for the last however many years and it's not likely to change.

He's in there because of his sense of humour so, if I was him, I'd stay that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yawalloper wrote: »
    A lot of people just annoyed that the mums are coming in and showing love for jim. Even luisa is caving to his charms. That must hurt a few peeps on here.

i'd say
  • Chief KegwinChief Kegwin Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those mums are bandwagon jumpers
    Forum Member

Very astute ladies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

why ? I think you should give them more credit than that - they're not talking about Brad bloomin Pitt, it's Jim Davidson, so there's no benefit in saying they like Jim in any way whatsoever to them, they are clearly going on what they've seen on BB. And they have daughters in the house, don't you think they are looking out for the bad guys around their daughters, and Jim's not one of them!