Options

New Hawaii Five O (Sky One)

Comments

• Options
    NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I just find it perfect Sunday evening entertainment, with this and NCIS:LA, both shows not taking themselves to seriously.

A good end to the week, before the normal stresses of everyday life on a Monday morning.

Show's not taking themselves top seriously v's a gross misrepresentation of reality.

Why not just jive Danno some Spidey web-shooters, as that would help, or Kono getting some Cyborg powers :D as both would help in the fight against crime.

I prefer my action, drama and crime chows set in the real world, to be closer to the truth, than as a fantastic tale distorted from all reasonable credibility.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there any ladies like me who prefer Scott caan to Alex o'loughlin?

My wife prefers Danny to Steve, so you're not alone. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    My wife prefers Danny to Steve, so you're not alone. :)

Judging by the Pee-Wee baseball tantrum, it's not hard to see why.
  • Options
    REVUpminsterREVUpminster Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We actually had a detective story last night, instead of the usual bullets flying everywhere, once we got past the intro.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, wasn't a bad one actually. Still 'case of the week' stuff, but it makes a change.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it
  • Options
    mandybluemandyblue Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Another good episode

Some of the story with the stature was real
    The original was lost at sea and a replacement sent to Honolulu. When the original was found it was sent to North Kohala the kings birth.

I loved Jorge Garcia as Jerry he was very good. As the Conspiracy Theorist. Good with Steve and Danny had chemistry together.
    Danny putting seed of doubt in Steve mind about Cath and Billy. It was insulting that Danny thinks Cath would cheat on Steve with Billy.
    Funny scene with Steve and Max about the gift for Cath.
    Catherine leaving the nave how sad she was. And Steve looked good in a suite. At the end Steve looking at Billy maybe getting jealous and thinking of what Danny had said.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I have no objection to Grace Park, I must admit i'm enjoying the show more without her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I have no objection to Grace Park, I must admit i'm enjoying the show more without her.

I agree,last night didn't make any difference without her in it.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purely from a ‘attractiveness’ point of view, I’ve always preferred Michelle Borth so I like the fact we’re getting to see more of her.

Speaking of seeing more of her, I didn’t know until recently she had done a very explicit sex scene a few years back. :o
    You’ll find it if you google it, but be warned she does full frontal naked-ness so its not safe for work! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Purely from a ‘attractiveness’ point of view, I’ve always preferred Michelle Borth so I like the fact we’re getting to see more of her.

Speaking of seeing more of her, I didn’t know until recently she had done a very explicit sex scene a few years back. :o
    You’ll find it if you google it, but be warned she does full frontal naked-ness so its not safe for work! :D

Ah you're referring to the series "Tell Me You Love Me". The producers of that insist they used prosthetics in some scenes and that the cast didn't actually have real sex but I'm not so sure - some of the scenes were very realistic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mandyblue wrote: »
    Another good episode

I loved Jorge Garcia as Jerry he was very good. As the Conspiracy Theorist. Good with Steve and Danny had chemistry together.
    Danny putting seed of doubt in Steve mind about Cath and Billy. It was insulting that Danny thinks Cath would cheat on Steve with Billy.

Hurley and Jin immediately came to mind, and I nearly choked on my tea when they said stranded on an Island at one point, in the conversation about how they know each other. Just a shame that Terry 'The CAG/Locke' O'Quinn was not in the episode too :D:o
  • Options
    NightSurferNightSurfer Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilPost wrote: »
    Hurley and Jin immediately came to mind, and I nearly choked on my tea when they said stranded on an Island at one point, in the conversation about how they know each other. Just a shame that Terry 'The CAG/Locke' O'Quinn was not in the episode too :D:o

Yea, that was a BRILLIANT inside joke that was :D

LOVED IT!!!!!!!

They were both talking about the old days in band camp when Chin said it was like being on a stranded island. GREAT STUFF!! :D

I absolutely love the show! They got great writers! Coming up with new crimes each week as well as continuing the story line and adding new twists between Wo Fat and Steve's mother. Long it may continue!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe gabby chose a job over love. she could get a job anywhere in hawaii and still have danny.
  • Options
    TbellTbell Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    I do like Danny, but as an actor I really don't think Scott Caan manages to portray romantic chemistry very well.
    I think there's a lot he is good at in his acting, but I never believe in his on screen relationships, for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Another good episode

The crime of the week could have been better, but I think it was all about Relationships and character stuff which I love about this show.

The crime I thought at first it was the mother but the twist at the end it was the the lawyer. Happy that the couple got married at the end.
    Kono and Adam still in trouble and now the they are trying to kill Kono as well I wonder how this will end. I loved how chin when he told Adam. You promised to protect her NOW DO IT.
    Danny and Gabby A very gentle but sad breakup between them.
    Steve and Cath I just love this relationship and how strong it is getting. I loved the scene with Cath asking for a favour and Steve teasing her.
    Loved the Double Date at the movie's
    Steve and Danny and their bromance. The carguments were hilarious with a running commentary on not only the case of the week but their personal lives as well. And saying they will miss each other if Danny left.
    Billy he is up to something. When he took Cath home, for a second I throught he was going to kiss Cath in the car. And Steve eyes of concern about what billy is up to.
    I love chin but no to love him at moment.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mandyblue wrote: »
    Another good episode

The crime of the week could have been better, but I think it was all about Relationships and character stuff which I love about this show.

The crime I thought at first it was the mother but the twist at the end it was the the lawyer. Happy that the couple got married at the end.
    Kono and Adam still in trouble and now the they are trying to kill Kono as well I wonder how this will end. I loved how chin when he told Adam. You promised to protect her NOW DO IT.
    Danny and Gabby A very gentle but sad breakup between them.
    Steve and Cath I just love this relationship and how strong it is getting. I loved the scene with Cath asking for a favour and Steve teasing her.
    Loved the Double Date at the movie's
    Steve and Danny and their bromance. The carguments were hilarious with a running commentary on not only the case of the week but their personal lives as well. And saying they will miss each other if Danny left.
    Billy he is up to something. When he took Cath home, for a second I throught he was going to kiss Cath in the car. And Steve eyes of concern about what billy is up to.
    I love chin but no to love him at moment.

This wasn't this weeks episode there was no wedding. I won't ruin it for you as i don't know what episode you're upto but i think you're either infront of uk pace or behind a little.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    This wasn't this weeks episode there was no wedding. I won't ruin it for you as i don't know what episode you're upto but i think you're either infront of uk pace or behind a little.

Yes there was a wedding in the hospital at the end. this is episode 4 season 4
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »

It definitely was this weeks episode.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It definitely was this weeks episode.

Odd i wonder if the episodes on Sky on demand are a week infront then as the one i watched was
    the episode Billy dies
    be warned the spoiler is a huge spoiler so only read if you have seen this season at usa pace.
    Yet as you correctly say both vms epg and skys epg description do indeed say it's the wedding episode which was on Sky od last week.
    I've seen what's happened stupid Sky have put next weeks episode on Sky OD instead of this weeks as the last one i watched before last night was the artifact episode which is ep 3 and looking through CBS site the ep on Sky1 od last night is indeed episode 5, luckily i can watch episode 4 tonight on sky2.
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I didn't expect him to die. I thought he'd be source of conflict throughout the season. All that setup and Rollins wasn't in her job for more than an episode.

And one other thing. The 'companion' charged $1000 an hour, but the entire thing was over in seconds. That probably beats some of the sex from 24 which seemed to be over extremely quick.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    Didn't they say they'd been there for hours already? She definately said "my ass has gone numb" or words to that effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow a interesting episode a lot going on this week.

The twists and turns in this case were good this week
    Billy I am glad he is gone but he may be a bigger threat to Steve dead because Cath is feeling so guilty over his death.

Welcome back the Champ Box you were missed.
    I would like to know who Joe was speaking to. Sam who is he, dose he work for the CIA, he knows Doris. What do those numbers mean on the slip of paper. Whose off shore accounts are they talking about.

Nice to see Joe back but still messing with Steve not giving him any answers
    Steve looks so good in uniform at the funeral and at the Tavern at the end.
    Kono and Adam getting a bit boring now.
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find the whole Doris storyline stupid! Also the Kono/Adam storyline has become boring.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they say they'd been there for hours already? She definately said "my ass has gone numb" or words to that effect.
    Yep, Billy made reference to having drunk 4 lots of coconut milk and having had to hold it in for over 3 hours. (TMI ...)