Options

Benidorm - Series 6

Comments

• Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to read that series 7 has been commissioned, they will be filming in Benidorm and as we will be there in April we will look out for them
    Understand that the Dykes will not be returning (Hooray) but Johnny Vegas, Elsie, and Chrissy Rock will be. Hope the Oracle's family will join him, Chantelle was good fun
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor who plays donald has confirmed on facebook that there will be series 8 but knowing the truth that the garveys are leaving i see no point carrying on. whats the point bringing johnny back to then get rid of the garveys.
    Also siobhan quit downton abbey to star in benidorm but now she's quit this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen on twitter derren calling fans who dont want the garveys to leave idiots?
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen on twitter derren calling fans who dont want the garveys to leave idiots?

Charming, obviously thinks he knows best, sod the audience. Could be its last successful series before a decline, depending on the quality of the episodes without them.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Chrissy Rock so not impressed with her coming back to slur her lines. The subtitles will need to be on again.

Pity Steve Pemberton's going but he seems to have a few other things to write and appear in these days. Maybe he could combine a couple of his projects and do a series based on room No 9 of the Solana!
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Chrissy Rock so not impressed with her coming back to slur her lines. The subtitles will need to be on again.

Pity Steve Pemberton's going but he seems to have a few other things to write and appear in these days. Maybe he could combine a couple of his projects and do a series based on room No 9 of the Solana!

Actually not the worst idea :P
  • Options
    Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, he called one person an idiot because that person gave him abuse for "getting rid" of the Garveys when it is in fact the actors' decision to leave.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without the Garveys, Derren had better come up with some bloody good scripts. Going by the last few series though I don't hold much hope :(
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wish the father of the dykes was coming back as he was the only decent character out of the 4. Michael was only starting to get interesting storylines and I've always liked the garveys so them leaving will leave a massive hole in the show. Do I think bringing back Vegas and co will fill that hole. No. I said to my best mate earlier this year who is a fan that benidorm should finish after series 7. I dont feel the show is stale yet but after 7 I feel it could get stale. I already feel bits of the show are stale ie donald and Jacqueline need their jokes freshened up or the 2 characters need removed.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Series 7 was already confirmed as the last one?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I thought Series 7 was already confirmed as the last one?

That rumour was out there but apparently series 7 and 8 have been commissioned now
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    That rumour was out there but apparently series 7 and 8 have been commissioned now

Darren little said on Twitter yesterday that ITV haven't commisioned a series 8. He tweeted earlier that ITV had ordered another series which led to people thinking s8 had been commisioned when he was referring to 7.
  • Options
    Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only way I think they could make an eighth series work is (IMHO) by bringing back Gavin and Troy, and also bringing in a new family similar to the Dykes/Garveys with a sharp-tongued relative similar to Madge. Predictable I know, but I don't see what else they can do without the show being a total disaster.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I do think that series 7 needs to be the last series. The Garveys are very much the heart of the show, and without them it would be pointless to continue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    No, he called one person an idiot because that person gave him abuse for "getting rid" of the Garveys when it is in fact the actors' decision to leave.

I wouldnt have said the guy had given him abuse. this is what he said

Please reconsider keeping the gaveys. There the best family. Madge's one liners are fab. Don't think I will watch without.

Its derren who then called him an idiot
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad the Garveys won't be back, but just discovered Steve Pemberton is to be starring in a new BBC adaptation of E F Benson's brilliant 'Mapp and Lucia' (which he's also written). The series is due to start filming in early summer, so it would be difficult for him to do that and 'Benidorm'.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Garveys are back next year, but not for the full run. They've just finished filming their final scenes.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    The Garveys are back next year, but not for the full run. They've just finished filming their final scenes.

How do you know this? Also, I have a strong feeling series 7 will be the last. Maybe they tried out the other family as a potential replacement but, personally, I think it's a bad idea to continue without the Garveys.
  • Options
    gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know this? Also, I have a strong feeling series 7 will be the last. Maybe they tried out the other family as a potential replacement but, personally, I think it's a bad idea to continue without the Garveys.

I think you might be right. Sad, but I suppose 7 series is a good run for a sitcom these days.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Steve Pemberton in 'Mapp and Lucia', playing Georgie Pilson - a character about as far removed from Mick Garvey as it's possible to get!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Clive is back

Johnny Vegas ‏@JohnnyVegasReal 4m
    Great craic shooting the Oracle's first scene back with @peritosbentitos today. Hope we're gonna become good pals pic.twitter.com/Nt1YCgfOfm
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clive is back

Johnny Vegas ‏@JohnnyVegasReal 4m
    Great craic shooting the Oracle's first scene back with @peritosbentitos today. Hope we're gonna become good pals pic.twitter.com/Nt1YCgfOfm

Pleased about this he was a great new character. Will miss his wife though, hey were a great double act.
  • Options
    BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am here on holiday in Benidorm and today caught them filming at Captain Morgans (Neptunes)
    Johnny Vegas was there, happy to sign autographs and pose for phots, Tim Healy in a stunning scarlet full length shiny dress, Mr Dyke and his son, Sherrie Hewson, Liam and Kenneth, and JV's mother played by Elsie. There was a mystery old man, and a plumpish young woman (Chantelle?)
    A very smarly dressed Jake Caruso, Mateo also waved a lot at the crowd
    BryanandLuc, News at Ten, Benidorm
    PS If I can figure out if I can load some pics on here, will post some
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am here on holiday in Benidorm and today caught them filming at Captain Morgans (Neptunes)
    Johnny Vegas was there, happy to sign autographs and pose for phots, Tim Healy in a stunning scarlet full length shiny dress, Mr Dyke and his son, Sherrie Hewson, Liam and Kenneth, and JV's mother played by Elsie. There was a mystery old man, and a plumpish young woman (Chantelle?)
    A very smarly dressed Jake Caruso, Mateo also waved a lot at the crowd
    BryanandLuc, News at Ten, Benidorm
    PS If I can figure out if I can load some pics on here, will post some

I would recommend posting them on flickr them put the links here :)
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    Love Noreen and Crissy not so sure about the Oracle though.
    Where is my two favourites, Gavin and Troy?
    Love to see all the above back but just wish they would dispose of
    Les, Gavin and JTS
    Totally spoil the show for me.

I agree with this (if you mean Kenneth). I would add Liam to the list as well.

They're really silly, unfunny characters that turn a witty sitcom into something resembling a kid's show.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a season 6 comment but have been watching season 1 and 2 on ITV 2 recently, the 30 minute episodes. What a difference between them and later series. It was actually funny back then.

You do get the occasional chortle with the latter series but nothing compared to early episodes. Why do we keep watching just in case it goes back to the halcyon days

Without the Garveys, mmmmmm dont think so