Stopped watching Corrie

Comments

• ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took a brief break from it but started watching again but I can't watch it in 'live time'. I can watch 2 episodes in roughly 10-15 minutes, fast forwarding through Michelle (obviously), Fiz, Fiz and Tyrone, Peter and Tina, Tina, the Platts, Rosie and the pretend homeless one. Comes to something when I can tolerate Dev!
  • Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say it's so boring!

Dont watch it then! No need to annouce it like a proclamation from the Queen!^_^
  • anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    I'll hopefully be able to watch it again once that Blackburn character moves on. He ruined Emmerdale as well and it's horrible to see him do the same to Coronation Street. He's hopeless.
  • HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please don't grandly presume you speak on behalf of everyone, because I for one disagree with you;-)!

Same here.
  • pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    You don't speak for everyone.

There are some good points to Corrie at the moment. I'm quite interested .in seeing how Leeanne and Kal goes. It's time Leeanne moved on from the Nick/Peter years. I want to see what happens with Kevin and little Jack. How will they do Ken's return.

Unfortunately we are in a continuous circle of Tina, Owen and Phelan and about to start on more of Tryrone and Kirsty. If t he writers could stop obsessing with certain characters and pushing them for months at a time whilst using more of the good actors they have and gave us a more balanced view, it would be an easier watch. Sometimes it's a bit of a chore.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this Peter / Tina nonsense is like taking a cheese grater to your nipples.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I stopped watching EastEnders in 1986 !
    Now THAT'S a boring show.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the way they've handled the Peter/Tina thing (recently) has been quite brilliant. At least they haven't dragged it out. Honestly - I was sweating for Peter last Friday when Tina took her pregnancy test! I actually breathed a sigh of relief for him when it was negative. Its a storyline that I've been bored with until now - but now that it is reaching its conclusion I've found it very well done indeed. I loved the comic interlude with Peter and Steve in bed together too! (Steve MacDonald is my favourite character though - so perhaps it helps).

Are you kidding me :o:o:o
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    CS is really on a dip atm
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been paying much attention to it for 3 or 4 weeks. It's on in the background while I'm on the internet at the moment. There's just nothing compelling happening at the moment, and all the bland, boring characters are hogging the limelight. Where are the likes of Mary and Norris, who can always be relied upon to liven up episodes with their witty one-liners?

For me the lack of Mary and Norris is one of the few good things about it at the moment!

I'm not giving up just yet but the main storylines at the moment (Tina's ridiculous affair and the Phelan story on loop) are not exactly grabbing my attention.
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Valentine wrote: »
    I took a brief break from it but started watching again but I can't watch it in 'live time'. I can watch 2 episodes in roughly 10-15 minutes, fast forwarding through Michelle (obviously), Fiz, Fiz and Tyrone, Peter and Tina, Tina, the Platts, Rosie and the pretend homeless one. Comes to something when I can tolerate Dev!

you must've stopped watching! It's Sophie and the homeless one not Rosie!!!
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've stopped watching CS. Gone over to ED I still read the posts though.
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say it's so boring!

No you don't :D :kitty:
    Recently, I start watching, then leave halfway. Not so much boring, as unpleasant. The sleazy sex antics of Sophie Webster with a minor girl (I will probably watch if their is an episode where Sophie is prosecuted for this). <snip>

Is the homeless girl under 16?

I've watched Corrie for so long that I'll continue with it for the foreseeable. I really don't like the Owen/Gary/Anna/Builder (can't remember his name) storyline so tend to skip those scenes.

ETA Phelan, just seen ForGodSake's post
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    this Peter / Tina nonsense is like taking a cheese grater to your nipples.

And you know this how? :o:o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying Corrie at the moment.

Phelan is excellent at blackmaiing the Windarses and Owen, Tina is turning into that woman from Fatal Attraction and peter is sweating like a stuck pig.
    I'm waiting for Nick to go postal at Leanne and Kal.....

Need more Steve and Andrea though.

Luvly jubbly !! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    Is the homeless girl under 16?

No, she is under 18, which is why Social Services are still involved. She's legal for sex, (provided she can find anybody desperate enough.........oh wait.) :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying Corrie at the moment.

Phelan is excellent at blackmaiing the Windarses and Owen, Tina is turning into that woman from Fatal Attraction and peter is sweating like a stuck pig.
    I'm waiting for Nick to go postal at Leanne and Kal.....

Need more Steve and Andrea though.

Luvly jubbly !! :D

Agree with all this except for the 'more Andrea' bit. Although if it gives Michelle the kick in the teeth she so badly deserves, then I'll happily put up with more Andrea. :D
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    No, she is under 18, which is why Social Services are still involved. She's legal for sex, (provided she can find anybody desperate enough.........oh wait.) :blush:

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with all this except for the 'more Andrea' bit. Although if it gives Michelle the kick in the teeth she so badly deserves, then I'll happily put up with more Andrea. :D

Yes, lots of arm folding and eye rolling.
    I dunno why steve likes Michelle - she's hardly a bundle of fun. Andrea, however, seems to be on the same wavelength as Steve...
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, lots of arm folding and eye rolling.
    I dunno why steve likes Michelle - she's hardly a bundle of fun. Andrea, however, seems to be on the same wavelength as Steve...

It's because she's hot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    No eastenders is much better than corrie at the moment
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    It's because she's hot.

Because having a scowling snarling face is attractive, isn't it?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just seen last friday's episodes and I really enjoyed the episodes. However I was apalled at Michelle's abusive behaviour towards Steve. If steve did that to Michelle, there would be uproar

The problem with corrie for me at the moment is its sheer inconsistency- you'll have a good episode followed by a few more that are absolutely appalling. The Tina/Peter storyline is terrible and while the Beth internet troll thing had good potential I can see it's been just left hanging
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Phelan storyline has to be the most boring storyline to ever grace a soap. So, so boring.

I'm quite enjoying everything else though.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And you know this how? :o:o:o

I fancied a change from the old jump leads connected to a battery:o:D:D:D:D:D