Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    So can some women with PND.

I know, I was giving my opinion. That was one line from an entire post where I was trying to show why I don't think she had PND, but she might have done.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Terrible tragedy.
    RIP
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    People can, though, keep that sadness within themselves without feeling the need to express it with one eye on getting publicity from having their names mentioned in the tribute stories.

Look at the names featured in the BBC News Online article:

What sort of connection did the likes of Martin McGuinness, Sam Bailey, Rizzle Kicks, the members of Girls Aloud, Holly and Philip and particularly Lionel Blair have with Peaches Geldof in the first place?

What sort of connection have the people who have posted in the 20 pages of this thread have with Peaches? Or the god knows how many people on social media sites?

I think it's rather unfair to say that anyone who has a profile is saying something just to get attention, they could be doing exactly what other "normal" people are doing. You can't second guess peoples motives, that's unfair, especially in this context as it's a rather loaded accusation.
  • fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Lu88 wrote: »
    Terrible tragedy.
    RIP

Well, perhaps for her close family it is.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    I know, I was giving my opinion. That was one line from an entire post where I was trying to show why I don't think she had PND, but she might have done.

Sure, I was only giving my opinion too.

Didn't mean to come across as arsey.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Fizix wrote: »
    What sort of connection have the people who have posted in the 20 pages of this thread have with Peaches? Or the god knows how many people on social media sites?

I think it's rather unfair to say that anyone who has a profile is saying something just to get attention, they could be doing exactly what other "normal" people are doing. You can't second guess peoples motives, that's unfair, especially in this context as it's a rather loaded accusation.

Well quite, I have no connection with Peaches Geldof but it didn't stop me feeling sad & shocked at the death of such a young woman, even more so since 2 children are going to grow up without a Mummy.

At the end of the day celebrities are just people & those who have commented are, I imagine as shocked as the general public & want to pay their respects, for people to suggest they have an ulterior motive for doing so is really quite sad.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Bob's mother died suddenly from an aneurysm when he was very young, so there's a possibility Peaches died from the same thing. I know nothing will make it easy for the family, but natural causes might make it less difficult to come to terms with eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Well, perhaps for her close family it is.

Serious question... why?
  • Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serious question... why?

You're asking why it is a tragedy? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Bob's mother died suddenly from an aneurysm when he was very young, so there's a possibility Peaches died from the same thing. I know nothing will make it easy for the family, but natural causes might make it less difficult to come to terms with eventually.

That was my first thought when i heard the news last night. One of my nephews died of the same thing a few years back, he was only 21 and very healthy; he spoke to his mother saying he had a headache an hour later she went to check on him and found him dead.

Such shocking and sad news, the family has been through some much already my heart goes out to them.

RIP Peaches
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    You're asking why it is a tragedy? :confused:

No, why the need for the narky comments at people.
    Forum Member
    Serious question... why?

Because you are right, it is a terrible tragedy for her family but not a terrible tragedy generally. Am I allowed to say this or has DS gone all hysterical again?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, why the need for the narky comments at people.

Ah OK, sorry.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wooten is a nasty man and I wouldn't take anything he says as gospel

Is he the one that mentioned drugs? Even though there was no evidence to support is and she had been lucid and focused on being a mother.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because you are right, it is a terrible tragedy for her family but not a terrible tragedy generally. Am I allowed to say this or has DS gone all hysterical again?

I think the premature sudden death of any 25 year old could be rightly described as a tragedy, so I don't see why it shouldn't be so in this case.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I just thought of Bob Geldof, how awful to have to face yet another tragic death. Peaches looked terribly THIN in the photographes I saw of her recently and perhaps this has something to do with dieting? Heart attack? I strongly doubt it was suicide as she had experienced that with her mother and it would be the last thing she would inflict on her two little boys. 25 is no age to die. Very sad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, you are completely entitled to feel that way, I just don't see the need to wander through the thread essentially saying "oh do shut up" at people, because thats pretty much what your doing. It's really not necessary.
    Forum Member
    No, you are completely entitled to feel that way, I just don't see the need to wander through the thread essentially saying "oh do shut up" at people, because thats pretty much what your doing. It's really not necessary.

I just get the hump at the wailing of 'tragedy, tragedy'. People couldn't give a crap about her when she was alive, now all this. It's hypocritical and inappropriate.

This thread is a case in point: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1311039&highlight=peaches
  • Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel so sorry for her family, her sisters, husband and beautiful baby boys, it is so sad that they will not remember her.

No matter what I think about Geldof as a human being, no one should outlive his kid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just get the hump at the wailing of 'tragedy, tragedy'. People couldn't give a crap about her when she was alive, now all this. It's hypocritical and inappropriate.

This thread is a case in point: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1311039&highlight=peaches

I don't think there is anything inappropriate about acknowledging shock at her sudden unexpected death or expressing sympathy for her loved ones.

I think that's what's called humanity.

Let's not get too 21st century about this. Death is still the great equaliser for all of us and sometimes it's good to consider that, no matter how much we may be unmoved or unimpressed by someone and their actions in life, it costs nothing to accord them a little respect when they die.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

It's anything but inappropriate to express your shock & sadness about a young Mum taken far too soon, regardless of whether you knew her or not.

And yes I do feel sad at the thought of 2 babies growing up without their Mum.
    Forum Member
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    I don't think there is anything inappropriate about acknowledging shock at her sudden unexpected death or expressing sympathy for her loved ones.

I think that's what's called humanity.

Let's not get too 21st century about this. Death is still the great equaliser for all of us and sometimes it's good to consider that, no matter how much we may be unmoved or unimpressed by someone and their actions in life, it costs nothing to accord them a little respect when they die.

Have you actually read the comments on that thread? I can't think of many more ways to say completely vile things about one human being than are written on that thread. It makes me want to vomit that people feel it is OK to express this vitriol then sanctify that person when they are dead.
    The greater lesson is in that than in death being an equaliser.
  • yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At last, a voice of reason. I expressed on my own facebook page that I didn't particularly care about the death of another Z list party girl type and was told that I must be jealous of her. Not jealous at all, and completely appreciative of the fact that any death is sad, but I'll reserve my deeper feelings for the death of people I've actually met.
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's anything but inappropriate to express your shock & sadness about a young Mum taken far too soon, regardless of whether you knew her or not.

And yes I do feel sad at the thought of 2 babies growing up without their Mum.

But why not comment therefore everytime a young person with a child dies?

Write the family a note, give them a phone call, don't spread it all over twitter how deeply upset and shocked you are.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And have the people who have got the hump with all posted in that thread?

You're casting the opinion of people in a thread onto everyone else. I never bought into some of the things said in there and I doubt most of the people now do either. You're just being nasty and using a crappy excuse for it.