Owen The Hard Man

mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
Forum Member
On this forum over the last few months, I think I have suggested that I regard Owen as the hard man of The Street. I now wish to retract that view and distance myself from the namby pamby, lily livered, cowardly doormat he has become. To see him crying like a baby the other night was incredibly embarrassing and he has let down the male gender.

I shall never again mention the name Owen and the word hardcase in the same sentence. Those, unfortunately, are my feelings on the matter. However, I am not one to say never again lightly and I reserve the right to start liking him again if he starts going round punching people on a regular basis or hitting people with spanners.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody could ever accuse you of being a 'New Man' could they Mo? (Or even a 'New Mouse' come to think of it). :(

Even the strongest men are allowed to cry now and again when they don't get thir own way. Hell, if my Bully Beef tactics suddenly failed, I'd cry too, and I'm not even a man! (Or a mouse).

I believe Bully Beef will rise again and be slapping schoolgirls and bullying the bejezus out of those oven chips and hopefully that out of control Baby Jerk soon enough. :cool:
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has just got too much for Owen. I bet he doesn't even bully his own family over breakfast in the next episode. It's hard to be the resident hardman of the street when you've got Chesney as a neighbour, and deeply sexual Phelan as a boss.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't forgotten how he smacked Faye over the fish. Now he knows how it feels to be bullied by someone bigger than him. Even though what Faye did was wicked he is a grown man and she's a child and was even younger then. He should have burned down the Mill and put a stop to it all. Hopefully when the new foreman drops a **** the remaining petrol will ignite.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Hey leave Owen alone! :p:D....he is just going through a particular bad patch at the mo and it has been interesting to see his softer side, poor chap all he is doing is trying to look after his family and that horror Phelan taunts him at every opportunity.

I think you will change you're mind Mo when Owen rises again and takes control and I hope this happens soon.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Indeed, the new foreman looks to be taking over as the hardest man on the street.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    Owen is embarrassing to watch. How can he crawl to Phelan like that? Gary's just as bad putting up with it because 'he can't go back inside'. They were a pair of twerps thinking they'd got away with taking Phelan's bike and laughing like a couple of kids. I'm glad Phelan waited a bit before taking his revenge. I wish he was a bit less repellent though as it makes it quite hard to be on his side :D
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I haven't forgotten how he smacked Faye over the fish. Now he knows how it feels to be bullied by someone bigger than him. Even though what Faye did was wicked he is a grown man and she's a child and was even younger then. He should have burned down the Mill and put a stop to it all. Hopefully when the new foreman drops a **** the remaining petrol will ignite.

Who wouldn't want to smack Faye. Anyway, discipline harmed nobody, plus he regretted what he did after it. Its not like he secretly harassed her for weeks on end. And despite being a child she killed innocent fish who couldn't defend themselves, so deserved all she got.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clive the foreman looks a right hard-nut, a real brute who lives by his own rules.

The way he stamps his **** out makes me think it's only a matter of time before he belts the living daylights out of Owen, who'll probably start crying again and go reaching for his zippo lighter.

Clive's already looking for the flimsiest of excuses to really leather him.
    Forum Member
    Clive the foreman looks a right hard-nut, a real brute who lives by his own rules.

The way he stamps his **** out makes me think it's only a matter of time before he belts the living daylights out of Owen, who'll probably start crying again and go reaching for his zippo lighter.

Clive's already looking for the flimsiest of excuses to really leather him.

Shrewd observations UQ. Seems like there are just the pair of us with any real insight on here. Clive looks like he eats six inch nails for breakfast. A hard man.
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foreman Clive gave me the jitters the other night with his snidey smile...

I didn't sleep a wink thinking about him and his hardman ways...

I only hope Owen pulls himself together and beats the living daylights out of Phelan and Clive...
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Highly amused with all of this to be honest. Phelen is a revolting character (literally makes my skin crawl) but what a cracking actor! Owen isn't coming out of this too well - nor the nasty little thing Gary. Its about 1000 times more interesting than Sophie and the street gir, whatever her name is!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Owen really needs to 'man up' and kick phelan around that building and then set fire to it.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After tonights episode I'm beginning to think Kirk is the hardest man on the street. He made short work of Todd whilst Gary was snivelling behind a sofa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief alive, first Owen's crying like a baby on Monday, now Gary's bawling his eyes out tonight.

Clive the foreman's really frightened those two pathetic girly losers hasn't he.
  • Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    After tonights episode I'm beginning to think Kirk is the hardest man on the street. He made short work of Todd whilst Gary was snivelling behind a sofa.

Thats VERY true - loved the way he stood up for Maria!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anna is the hard man of the Windass family
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »

Kirk lives with Chesney though doesn't he, JB?

It's only natural those street tough ways are bound to rub off on you when you're living with such a hard man.

When your landlord is as hard as granite mate, you've no choice but to man up if you want to stay alive.
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's now less Owen, more Owhine.
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    He's now less Owen, more Owhine.

And... and... and...

He'll be Owen loads of money...

See what I did there...

I'll get my coat...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Charlie Stubbs. There was a fine speciman of a man who would have made mincemeat of Phelan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charlie Stubbs. There was a fine speciman of a man who would have made mincemeat of Phelan
    There's an idea. Send Tracy round the Phelan house with some ornaments.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    There's an idea. Send Tracy round the Phelan house with some ornaments.

:D:D:D

Anna is going to show him her ornaments
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Indeed, the new foreman looks to be taking over as the hardest man on the street.

Sorry Mo, but the new foreman is a girly mummy's boy who's nearly as fruity as Phelan.
    I'm sure he is dead hard whenever he's stealing a baby's lollipop or pulling the legs off an unfortunate spider but he'd be howling like a terrified monkey if someone twisted his little finger,
    Hard man? No way. Nasty, twisted little creepy bullies gimp? More like it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D

Anna is going to show him her ornaments
    Will she swing them around his head until he falls down in a daze?
    Forum Member
    AndreaMC wrote: »
    Sorry Mo, but the new foreman is a girly mummy's boy who's nearly as fruity as Phelan.
    I'm sure he is dead hard whenever he's stealing a baby's lollipop or pulling the legs off an unfortunate spider but he'd be howling like a terrified monkey if someone twisted his little finger,
    Hard man? No way. Nasty, twisted little creepy bullies gimp? More like it!

Big talk, And, big talk. You'd run a mile if he came down your street.