Options

Best ep of Corrie in ages

2»

Comments

• Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find myself geting angry and irritated that while EE is rding igh of a strong producer in charge, Corrie has been damaged by a reckless, terrible producer who doesn't seem to know how to make an exciting soap. Today episode was good, but not perfect. I want to be exited by Corrie, big twists and shocks but with SB in charge that is unlikely to happen. Particularly when there are no twists, its all predictable; Tina sleeps with Peter and gets pregnant (or thought she did). That's not exciting, its just boring.

Corrie need someone who is not afraid to make bold actions, axe characters (Sean, Sophie, Maddie, Michelle, Jenna, Fizz) push for big storylines for well rounded characters who can act.

Corrie needs Phil Collinson to return
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Corrie needs Daran little as producer
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I enjoyed this episode. While the drunk Peter thing is pretty tired, the acting was very good in those scenes and I like the Leanne and Carla scenes. Also, I love any episode with bitchy Todd.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Debbie Rush is awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    It certainly was a very good episode tonight. I really enjoyed the Maria scenes. Thought she acted very well. Usually I feel she is a rubbish actress, but certainly shone tonight and was very believable.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with tonight's offering. For a start there was no Tina or the gruesome twosome Sophie and Maddeh. We had some excellent performances courtesy of Alison King, Chris Gascoyne and Debbie Rush and every scene really worked well as there was a decent mix of characters with plenty going on. The bitch fight between Maria and Todd was also quite entertaining. If only we were seeing this standard on a regular basis!
    I have only been tuning in to Coronation Street occasionally, as it has become so dire, but last night's episode was superb; top marls to the writers and actors. I hope the writers who have been nauseating us with the Sophie/Maddie rubbish have been banished to Siberia, and never employed in the entertainment business again.
  • Options
    Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,190
    Forum Member
    I thought Fiz & Tyrone discussing Gogglebox was quite funny.
  • Options
    ThamwetThamwet Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie needs Phil Collinson to return

Uh, no. No, it does not.

With him we had far too many sensational story lines.

Many of his new characters were very poor, and very annoying.

Characters were changed to suit the story line without the slightest explanation.

Many of the story lines were absolutely dreadful. The marriage sham and Eileen committing fraud springs to mind.

I reckon that once Tina's murder comes, support for SB will go through the roof. It was like that during the Hayley story. At least with SB, sensational story-lines occur rarely, making them seem all the more excellent when they do come about.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thamwet wrote: »
    Uh, no. No, it does not.

With him we had far too many sensational story lines.

Despite this the storylines were far more interesting than the c**p we have now
    Many of his new characters were very poor, and very annoying.

Maddie irritating, Andrea pointless, Stephs brother pointess. Although I agree Phelan is quite a good villain, and I like Kal

Characters were changed to suit the story line without the slightest explanation.

Tina's affair with Peter, she would never have done that before

Many of the story lines were absolutely dreadful. The marriage sham and Eileen committing fraud springs to mind.

He might have had some poor storylines, but they far outweigh the poor ones we have now, no storyline at the moment is gripping, everything is sleazy Peter and Tina, Anna and Phelan or just irritating Sophie and Maddeh, Steve/Lloyd/Andrea/Michelle

Overall his tenure has so far dropped around 15% on last year, with a couple dropping below EE on a Friday. That to me suggests everyone is peed of wit the rubbish he is serving up.
    I reckon that once Tina's murder comes, support for SB will go through the roof. It was like that during the Hayley story. At least with SB, sensational story-lines occur rarely, making them seem all the more excellent when they do come about.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great, wasn't brilliant but still good. Really good enjoyed the Todd and Maria fight, nice to see a different side to Maria. I loved the Carla and Leanne scene, I hope one day they will be able to become friends and nice to see they've both moved on.

I thought Samia Ghadie was great tonight.
  • Options
    TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alison King is one of the few actors to bring any gravitas to the show.

Also, the Phelan story is that it? There must be more to come.
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to Alison King taking centre stage again in the next few months!
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Phil Collinson ever returning to produce the show, although I have to say that I loved his tenure. He didn't always get things right (Graeme and Xin, Ry-un's return as a druggie and Eddie's plot driven exit all spring to mind) but the majority of his stuff was decent to watch.

With SB, we need to see less personality transplants and fewer plots centred around affairs and love triangles. Corrie has been experiencing the highest decline in its viewing figures y-o-y of the Big Three. There is a direct correlation between this and the dreaded Blackburn appointment.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    It was great, wasn't brilliant but still good. Really good enjoyed the Todd and Maria fight, nice to see a different side to Maria. I loved the Carla and Leanne scene, I hope one day they will be able to become friends and nice to see they've both moved on.

I thought Samia Ghadie was great tonight.

Well said and I agree completely. Loved that Maria threw her phone at Todd!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems that the phone throwing incident is gonna serve as the springboard for her deciding to torment Tyrone in her misguided attempt to have him become closer to her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Corrie needs Daran little as producer

The guy's too busy writing at Eastenders now - he has moved onto bigger and better things (am just joking Corrie fans, sorry lol).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie's loss is EastEnders' gain. The show should have done all in their power to hold on to someone with his knowledge and passion for the show's roots and its rich history.

Having caught some of last night's repeat it really got me thinking how Debbie Rush has come into her own with this indecent proposal plot. She has been excellent in conveying Anna's sense of disgust with the lengths she has gone to in order to protect her family. I also like the fact that it's an older female character who's at the centre of this. Her comment on Owen's sense of macho pride really said it all. I'm guessing that the truth will come out during BGT week.
  • Options
    wirewolfwirewolf Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thamwet wrote: »

Tina's affair with Peter, she would never have done that before

Would the whole Peter - Tina thing have come about had Chris Fountain not been sacked? I thought they came up with that after Fountain was moved on.
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    All hail King Todd
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    avon942 wrote: »
    Well said and I agree completely. Loved that Maria threw her phone at Todd!:)

Just a plot device so when she texts Ty on her new phone/ number she dosen't say it's her and he thinks its Kirsty ;-)
  • Options
    HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, good drama, top-notch scrapping and punchy dialogue, just what you want from Corrie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wirewolf wrote: »

Would the whole Peter - Tina thing have come about had Chris Fountain not been sacked? I thought they came up with that after Fountain was moved on.

I've thought about that one too. It seems bizarre that given the amount of strife they put Tina and Tommy through with all the surrogacy stuff that they'd then torpedo it all by have Tina cheat on Tommy with Peter. Then again, Blackburn just seems hellbent on ruining as many characters as he can so he probably would have had Tina just wreck someone else's marriage if it wasn't Peter.