How long would you like the duration of BB15 to be?

AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
Forum Member
✭✭
How long would you like Big Brother 15 to be?

64 Days (9 Weeks)
BB1
BB2
BB3
BB4
BB12

68 Days
BB14

70 Days ( 10 Weeks)
BB13

71 Days (10 Weeks)
BB5

77 Days (11 Weeks)
BB11

78 Days (11 Weeks)
BB6

93 Days (13 Weeks, 3 Months)
BB7
BB9
BB10

94 Days (13 Weeks, 3 Months)
BB8

Usually Channel 5's summer Big Brother's are usually three months all together. Including the Civilian and Celebrity Series put together.

Personally, I'd like BB15 to be 10 Weeks, I want it to start on a Thursday or Friday, and end on a Friday. (Monday Finals aren't right). I'd like it to Start on Thursday 5th June or Friday 6th June (Unlikely), and end on Friday 15th August. Lasting 71-72 Days. Then a one week break, before CBB Launches on 22nd August, giving the viewers a break from the current civilian series. Unlike last year when we CBB Launched two days after a great civilian series. CBB Ends Friday 12th September, lasting 22 days. It would be amazing if it ran like this, though I doubt it. It'd will probably launch on 12-13 June, like last year.

Personally, I think 64 days is too short. IMO over ten weeks, is too long. Especially 13 Weeks. Ironically all the "rubbish" series bar BB7, lasted too long (93 & 94 Days). BB7 was really good, until the last two weeks as it dragged on. We've never had a series lasting 12 weeks (80 Something Days)

Comments

• SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    2 weeks

Edit:
    Omg I am surprised bb11 was only 77 days it seemed to drag on and on :o:D
  • AFanOfBigBroAFanOfBigBro Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    2 weeks

Edit:
    Omg I am surprised bb11 was only 77 days it seemed to drag on and on :o:D

Lol, Love your Username. Wow 2 Weeks. I guess they evict a housemate every day like Im a Celeb.

I think BB11 was supposed to be longer, but it's full length didn't go through due to Ultimate Big Brother.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    50 days for BB15 then break for a week and about 18 days for CBB14 perfect
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sirocco758 wrote: »
    50 days for BB15 then break for a week and about 18 days for CBB14 perfect

I think 7 Weeks, is too short, for BB, thus making it the shortest ever series. But I guess it depends on the amount of housemates.
  • Sirocco758Sirocco758 Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think 7 Weeks, is too short, for BB, thus making it the shortest ever series. But I guess it depends on the amount of housemates.

With this current Channel 5 era tbh 7 weeks is too long imo. Ideally I'd say 6 weeks for civilian and 2 weeks for CBB but that's just me. I haven't felt as good and happy about BB since BB11. I hate what the show has became but still watch it for the sake of it.

Like my bro said when Rangers were relegated to the Scottish 3rd division "it's still the same team but not as I know and love"
  • ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However long it lasts, I don't want the next celeb series to immediately follow it. I think having two series in such quick succession is too much. If they're planning to have BB on the air for a total of 13 weeks, (or however long the two series will collectively last for), then I think they should keep it to one series.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I think 10 weeks is perfect for a series. It was just right for BB5 (though that was a very strong series) and I never enjoyed weeks 11-13 in any series that followed.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it needs to be at least 10 weeks. So two months and two weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think 10 weeks is perfect for a series. It was just right for BB5 (though that was a very strong series) and I never enjoyed weeks 11-13 in any series that followed.

I agree 100%, BB5 is a great example of a series lasting ten weeks and was amazing from start to finish. BB6 was amazing as well, but the last week and final was dire, as it was 11 weeks. BB7 was entertaining throughout, but because it lasted thirteen weeks, it dragged on, leading to pointless tasks and twists (vote back a evicted housemate). BB8 is probably the best example of a series going downhill, not only because it wasn't as good, but the longest series to date (94 Days). Tbh, BB8 went downhill after Charley's eviction in Week 8, and all the Halfway House rubbish.
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10-11 weeks is perfect for me. Start early June which is when I finish college for summer and finish mid / 2nd last week of August. Start back at college 1st week of September. AXE SUMMER CBB!

I really hate how in the past couple of years [certainly last year], the final week is the week im back at college [1st week of September]. it felt odd and in a way it made it harder for me to go back to college because BB was still on so I was still in summer holiday mode.
  • Mattyboii1995Mattyboii1995 Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10-11 weeks is perfect for me. Start early June which is when I finish college for summer and finish mid / 2nd last week of August. Start back at college 1st week of September. AXE SUMMER CBB!

I really hate how in the past couple of years [certainly last year], the final week is the week im back at college [1st week of September]. it felt odd and in a way it made it harder for me to go back to college because BB was still on so I was still in summer holiday mode.

Completely agree about the college thing, it's the same for me.
    And 11 weeks is the perfect length for me!
  • kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10 weeks is just about right for me.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9-10 weeks is plenty with only 1 celebrity BB per year in the winter months. I've not enjoyed the summer CBBs at all because I'm bored by the end of the civilian run, especially when the civilian run is tedious.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    The longer the better IMO! More time to feel engaged with the HM's/series, more time for us to enjoy the show, more time for us to see the HM's real personalities, more suspense, more time for the housemates to crack e.t.c. However I think they should then wait at least a week to do CBB as 2 days is too short IMO and I find myself never carig about the CBb housemates for the first week and wanting to see the civilian ones again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I totally agree with you, I think Summer CBB Should be axed, as not only does BB carry on through September, when I have college, but also, Summer CBB isn't right, the ratings are poor too. I'd rather have one good Civilian Series, lasting ten weeks, ending on mid August, meaning I will be satisfied. One CBB in January lasting 3-4 Weeks, is fine. But I doubt they will do that, so were stuck with a CBB in the summer. Also, I dont like how CBB is extremley after the Civilian Series, It needs more than a 2 day break, I think a week is fine, to recover from the Civilian Series, especially if it's a good series like last years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    The longer the better IMO! More time to feel engaged with the HM's/series, more time for us to enjoy the show, more time for us to see the HM's real personalities, more suspense, more time for the housemates to crack e.t.c. However I think they should then wait at least a week to do CBB as 2 days is too short IMO and I find myself never carig about the CBb housemates for the first week and wanting to see the civilian ones again.

I think when it's too long like the last few years on Channel 4, It drags on too much, which results in the producers doing stupid twists in order to make it entertaining. Especially when it's on Channel 5. I was surprised to find out that some foreign BB's are 115 Days (4 Months).
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think when it's too long like the last few years on Channel 4, It drags on too much, which results in the producers doing stupid twists in order to make it entertaining. Especially when it's on Channel 5. I was surprised to find out that some foreign BB's are 115 Days (4 Months).

OMG Are you serious??? im a massive fan of BB but I remember after 93 days I so wanted my life back lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG Are you serious??? im a massive fan of BB but I remember after 93 days I so wanted my life back lol

Ikr, Search Big Brother Netherlands on Wikipedia.
    All the Big Brothers are over 100 Days. Big Brother Netherlands 2001, 2002 and 2005 are long.
    (BB Netherlands 2005 is 121 days!!)
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    I think years ago bigbrother Australia lasted 100 days
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    bigbrother Italy a couple of years back went for 183 days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Big Brother in Germany had a series that lasted for – wait for it –*365 days. Yes, you read properly, a whole year. And the winner of that year was in the house the whole time from Day 1. And just when you thought Big Brother would be back on the air after nine months or so, they started a new series the same night as the finale. That lasted 363 days, although it was originally intended to go without an end.
  • jackyo55jackyo55 Posts: 19,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think 10 weeks is plenty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    josha19 wrote: »
    Big Brother in Germany had a series that lasted for – wait for it –*365 days. Yes, you read properly, a whole year. And the winner of that year was in the house the whole time from Day 1. And just when you thought Big Brother would be back on the air after nine months or so, they started a new series the same night as the finale. That lasted 363 days, although it was originally intended to go without an end.

OMFG, I know right. I read about this, how is that even possible. A WHOLE YEAR!. I was looking at the nominations table, and there were like 50 housemates, 40 of which were new as the series was a year. And the winner was in the house from the first day, :O. Its weird, I think all the UK BB's added together are a total of 2 years, and one series of BB Germany is one year.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 weeks is perfect for me, it's just the right length.
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    josha19 wrote: »

Surprised the winner didn't go insane.