The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 56)

Comments

• FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Running in large part as instead of going for the wompy dubstep lite, it's drum n bass infused which makes it unique in that sense in addition to the lyrical content being rather dark. I like it a far sight better that what's considered the bookies/fan favourite that's for sure.
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Jem Casper wrote: »
    Extremely shocked my country's entry, One Night's Anger, isn't in the top 5.

Who are these OGAE snobs? :confused::confused:>:(:confused:

I adore Albania's song!
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    I feel bad for Hersi. It's not a terrible song, and she seems so nice in the interviews we've seen of her :(!

Could Conchita actually pull this off?! I think I would actually cry with happiness, haha.

I damn well hope so I adore her so much. Gives me chills that song.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel bad for Hersi. It's not a terrible song, and she seems so nice in the interviews we've seen of her :(!

Could Conchita actually pull this off?! I think I would actually cry with happiness, haha.

I dont think she will i say her or Sanna will be one of the shocks who is a fave and dosnt get through to the Final or get through to the final and place VERY low!
    Forum Member
    So, boys and girls....

What are your favourite misheard lyrics this year? I guess there won't be many since the majority of songs are in English.

My favourite is Israel... Ms Finegold clearly says "I touch your *word for penis here*"

http://youtu.be/_uB4JMw4ctc?t=1m5s

Mai's song with whole i touch yout dichk thing cracks me up everty time and her face as she says its.; classic. All my friends who have heard it laugh at that bit now as well. LOLOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another slightly Eurovision one is on Helena's album..

I think it's 4 Another 1 but I swear she goes; I let you love me, I let you hump me.
  • ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 weeks to go.

We're gonna have to set up a support group or something, because I'm certainly entering that 'sweaty palm' phase now. I adore Molly, I adore our song, and the thought of us landing on the wrong side of the scoreboard with 40 odd points in about 15th place at the end of the night is actually filling me with dread.

Please let all be okay three weeks from now!!!
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    I've got sweaty palms thinking how much I gambled on Norway! Hope he can maybe pull it out the bag. The competition ao hard to read. No recklesss gambling next year! Wish it would hurry up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnnymc wrote: »
    I've got sweaty palms thinking how much I gambled on Norway! Hope he can maybe pull it out the bag. The competition ao hard to read. No recklesss gambling next year! Wish it would hurry up!

I dont think norway has as big as a chance then people believed, the live version is just so Meh! it loses what makes it come across so special in the Studio Version!
  • xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I dont think norway has as big as a chance then people believed, the live version is just so Meh! it loses what makes it come across so special in the Studio Version!

Oddly enough the live version actually made me fall out of love with the studio version.
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    Oddly enough the live version actually made me fall out of love with the studio version.

Me too. Now I don't know what to think about his singing.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member

As far as a song contest goes, I adore it (not as much as 'Moj svijet'!) but Carl sort of ruins it. :/
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as a song contest goes, I adore it (not as much as 'Moj svijet'!) but Carl sort of ruins it. :/

It's not just a song contest though. It's a whole package contest. If it was just the song which mattered then we'd still be awarding the writers with the trophy. We'd also be watching each act stand still on stage miming to the song (since the studio version is usually performed best, and the staging wouldn't matter!). Whilst the song is important, it isn't the be all and end all to winning - the staging and singer are also very important.
  • EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Let's share that luve tonight.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The results of OGAE Malta:

1 point - Ireland
    2 points - Germany
    3 points - Greece
    4 points - France
    5 points - Austria
    6 points - Azerbaijan
    7 points - United Kingdom
    8 points - Norway
    10 points - Sweden
    12 points - Italy
  • Edwin OkliEdwin Okli Posts: 4,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The results of OGAE Malta:

1 point - Ireland
    2 points - Germany
    3 points - Greece
    4 points - France
    5 points - Austria
    6 points - Azerbaijan
    7 points - United Kingdom
    8 points - Norway
    10 points - Sweden
    12 points - Italy

Seem like realistic results for Malta on the night if we put Azerbaijan at the top.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    It's not just a song contest though. It's a whole package contest. If it was just the song which mattered then we'd still be awarding the writers with the trophy. We'd also be watching each act stand still on stage miming to the song (since the studio version is usually performed best, and the staging wouldn't matter!). Whilst the song is important, it isn't the be all and end all to winning - the staging and singer are also very important.

I appreciate all that, I was just saying that as far as it is a song contest, Norway wins hands down. I know full well it's not all about the song any more. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    Seem like realistic results for Malta on the night if we put Azerbaijan at the top.

Also hoping molly can get a little higher with her promo over there last week!
  • ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also hoping molly can get a little higher with her promo over there last week!

Did she sing on a show there? I did wonder when it was, not seen anything on YouTube.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to sit in my corner thinking The Netherlands has the best song hands down. :p:D
  • dbj2dbj2 Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    If it was just the song which mattered then we'd still be awarding the writers with the trophy

I thought they still did that, they still list the song writers on the captions at the start of the performances after all.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so slow - I never realised that the song used by ITV for their entertainers advert was a song by Lena. :blush:
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Same. I loved it before, now I can't listen to it because all I can see is a hairy bloke wimpering like a big girl's blouse.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I'm so slow - I never realised that the song used by ITV for their entertainers advert was a song by Lena. :blush:

Better late than never, this is the full song! :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_ASYb4Utk
  • rorybbrorybb Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edwin Okli wrote: »
    When did Hungary become part of the Baltics?

Possibly around the same time "Aremia" became a country (check the contestant photos)

It seems to be a pretty typical thing of the British tabloid press to just lump all Eastern Countries together as the "Eastern Bloc" , completely ignoring the fact that there exists huge linguistic , economic and cultural differences between them. Especially when it comes to Eurovision , just waiting for all the people to say "I've never even heard of Azerbaijan blahblahblah" , well guess what (some) journalists, just because you've never heard of something doesn't mean it doesn't exist! And just because you don't care enough to learn the difference between the Baltic states and Hungary doesn't mean the difference isn't there and can't be easily fact checked , just lazy and sloppy :confused:
This discussion has been closed.