Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to him!
    I'm not a particular fan, but he's been away for years and done barely any promotion so this amount of sales in the first week is very impressive. Even more impressive during April when sales aren't known to be huge.
  • MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad that he's doing well.

This performance helped with the word of mouth I expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKbtFljucQ
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    He has the supermarket Mum crowd on his side
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I didn't realise he was so popular. I've never really cared much for him and don't much like his new single much either.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and the #1 single this week sold over 136k...huge sales:)
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I would never have expected that from him. Would have predicted him to sell 30k max. Well done him
  • Red22Red22 Posts: 2,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    Wow, I would never have expected that from him. Would have predicted him to sell 30k max. Well done him

Tbh he's always been a big album seller but those numbers have shocked even ME, and im a fan of his!:o
    But I agree with Moggio that Iron Sky video probably helped his sales big time
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny Side Up was in the top 5 for an absolute age if I remember correctly. This doesnt surprise me at all. Im not particularly a fan but he deserves it, he's crazy talented and crazy creative
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't expect him to sell that amount first week, but he has always been a big album seller, his first album sold 1.5million+ and his second 1.7million+ if I remember correctly.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's popular among a large range of demographics and has songs that are different to a lot of what is in the mainstream at the moment - not much music with live instrumentation in the charts, with electronics leading the way. The songs tend to be good, catchy and popular in ads/TV shows etc. Not a surprise that he's sold a stack of albums. Well done Paolo.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not surprised in the slightest both of his previous albums have sold over 1.5M+ each so demand and anticipation was high. Plus he appeals to a wide demographic. Lana Del Rey I think will fare similarly well this year.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I'm not surprised in the slightest both of his previous albums have sold over 1.5M+ each so demand and anticipation was high. Plus he appeals to a wide demographic. Lana Del Rey I think will fare similarly well this year.

Coldplay will also do well, especially with their first week sales.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Highest first week sales this year. Well done Paolo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pointy wrote: »
    Coldplay will also do well, especially with their first week sales.

True that they always do well too. But Paolo is very much in with a shot of best first week sales this year.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    True that they always do well too. But Paolo is very much in with a shot of best first week sales this year.

Until Take That who are supposed to release an album this year :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    josh_silv wrote: »
    Until Take That who are supposed to release an album this year :o

Oh no don't tell me that mediocrity shall reign again at the end of year charts :p
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have a feeling Coldplay could sell anything up to double Nutini's amount... :o
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    He deserves it.

His voice is getting better as he ages and he's managed to put together three very distinct albums with their own sound.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member

No chance, Take That and Coldplay will both beat it easily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No chance, Take That and Coldplay will both beat it easily.

Yeah I know that forgot Coldplay were releasing and TT well the less said :p

who knows Adele may release and trump them all :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ultraviolence will beat Paulo's opening week sales too
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I know that forgot Coldplay were releasing and TT well the less said :p

who knows Adele may release and trump them all :D

hahahaha...Adele and 'trump' in the same sentence :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    hahahaha...Adele and 'trump' in the same sentence :p

....I don't get it:confused: