New UKIP poster campaign

Comments

• CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    UKIP just better hope none of those workers they're trying to win over give too much of a shit about their employment rights.

What use are employment regulations if you can't find a job, because the market is flooded with cheap foreign labour ?

What use are employment regulations, when you have to accept a zero hours contract ?

What use are employment regulations, when the wages in your industry have collapsed ?
  • davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Oddly enough, workers felt much more re-assured about their jobs and job prospects before we joined what is now the EU and before asshole politicians got such prominence.

Thats because UK govts went for policies of full employment etc. this lead to bloated nationalised industries that haemorrhaged cash like a collapsed dam.

Now we have a monetarist govt (since 1979) full employment is not a priority.

Nothing to do with the EU.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with every poster.
  • davzerdavzer Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSJB wrote: »
    What use are employment regulations if you can't find a job, because the market is flooded with cheap foreign labour ?

What use are employment regulations, when you have to accept a zero hours contract ?

What use are employment regulations, when the wages in your industry have collapsed ?

Who sets the minimum wage level?

The whole cheap labour claim from UDIPSTICKS misses the point that the UK govt sets the minimum wage which is significantly below the 'living wage'.

Still, good of UKIP to look to increase business costs at every opportunity through increased pay bills and export tariffs.

Always handy when you have to compete on an international stage without partners from your trading bloc.

When UONTHESKIP want things to go back to how they were pre EU, when were they thinking, 1066, 1666 or 1966?
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davzer wrote: »
    Who sets the minimum wage level?

The whole cheap labour claim from UDIPSTICKS misses the point that the UK govt sets the minimum wage which is significantly below the 'living wage'.

Still, good of UKIP to look to increase business costs at every opportunity through increased pay bills and export tariffs.

Always handy when you have to compete on an international stage without partners from your trading bloc.

When UONTHESKIP want things to go back to how they were pre EU, when were they thinking, 1066, 1666 or 1966?

Wow, you will have them rolling in the aisles with those.:D

Or maybe not.......don't give up the day job.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So the best way to make things better for a suffering work force is to strip away their rights and protections? I'm not sure that this adds up.

Also, what exactly is UKIP's position on zero hour contracts? I haven't heard anything from them about it.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    https://www.facebook.com/UKIPBillboards

"Guess whose children EU migrants want to eat"
    "Romanian men have bigger penises than you and they can make your wife laugh like she used to"

Mmm yes. Don't address peoples concerns just belittle them. No wonder UKIPs poll rating keeps rising while people like you sneer.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Mmm yes. Don't address peoples concerns just belittle them. No wonder UKIPs poll rating keeps rising while people like you sneer.

The genuine ones aren't much better, but I suppose it does show the lack of humour allowed in UKIP.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FMKK wrote: »
    So the best way to make things better for a suffering work force is to strip away their rights and protections? I'm not sure that this adds up.

Also, what exactly is UKIP's position on zero hour contracts? I haven't heard anything from them about it.

A political party in Westminster could always legislate for rights and protections, it's called national democracy. I find this liberal idea that Britons can not be trusted to govern themselves and only foreigners can protect us from ourselves, when it comes to employment rights or human rights is a bit bizarre.

The Lib Dem's, who are most pro EU seem to love the idea of giving away as much power as possible, so the idiots the foolish voters elect can't do anything.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mind you with UKIP at 27% and Labour at 30% no wonder their MP's are attacking on Twitter etc. They probably think its still the old days and they can just roll out the race card.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    British wartime propaganda was widely mocked by the public, they really didn't take it seriously at all. Particularly during WW2.
    I lived through WW2 and I can tell you you're talking twaddle.
    And the image of Kitchener you refer to was never actually used during WW1 to recruit soldiers. It's a complete myth. The image was only ever in circulation after the conflict ended.
    You'll need to quote the source of that information or are you in some way being pedantic?
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    UKIP just better hope none of those workers they're trying to win over give too much of a shit about their employment rights.
    Yes, I think most people would be mortified to find out the UKIP believe in bosses being able to sack people at will with no compensation, and zero maternity pay. After all, women are only good for cleaning behind the oven, as one of their members memorably opined.
  • iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boyard wrote: »
    I wondered when the lefties would start defacing the posters. Predictable. *yawn*

Seething.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davzer wrote: »
    Thats because UK govts went for policies of full employment etc. this lead to bloated nationalised industries that haemorrhaged cash like a collapsed dam.

You're about right but forget that the government failed to address the excesses of nationalised industries. Notwithstanding that, full employment is a desireable position and privatisation wasn't and still isn't free of government finacial aid. What we have now is so called efficient utilities and a whacking great unemployment bill.
    Now we have a monetarist govt (since 1979) full employment is not a priority.
    Nothing to do with the EU.

Monetarist policy has a great deal to do with the EU and beyond.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    http://news.sky.com/story/1246507/farage-defends-racist-ukip-poster-campaign

Who on earth is Labour MP Mike Gapes , I have never heard of him.

Love the poster with the Union Jack on fire, revealing a EU flag behind it.

Gapes is the MP for south Ilford. A middle aged middle class white man representing a predominantly Asian seat. Maybe it's time he stood down and they selected someone representative of the area! But no chance of him losing his job thanks to mass immigration is there!:D
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so its OK for a Labour politician to purloin NF and BNP phraseology but not for UKIP to do it. No wonder politics is a turn off for so many with its duplicity and hypocrisy .......

You'll find that Labour were widely lambasted for it.

Oddly however, you think UKIP shouldn't be.

No wonder politics is a turn off for so many with its duplicity and hypocrisy .......
  • DiscombobulateDiscombobulate Posts: 4,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    You'll find that Labour were widely lambasted for it.

Oddly however, you think UKIP shouldn't be.

No wonder politics is a turn off for so many with its duplicity and hypocrisy .......

Actually I didn't say anybody should be lambasted for it did I ?

I was merely pointing out the inconsistency in others arguments. Something you have first hand experience of, no ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I agree with every poster.

PMSL....:D
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Nice of the BNP to lend UKIP their posters in time for the European elections.

Particularly this one https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/458216421529767936

Dey tirrrkk errrr JERRRBBSS!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am not so sure you quite understand what employment regulations are for. :confused:
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will tories and labour even have an EU election launch? because at the moment it appears UKIP are the only ones even trying
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lived through WW2 and I can tell you you're talking twaddle.

You were what, three years old, when the war ended? How much propaganda did you understand?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're about right but forget that the government failed to address the excesses of nationalised industries. Notwithstanding that, full employment is a desireable position and privatisation wasn't and still isn't free of government finacial aid. What we have now is so called efficient utilities and a whacking great unemployment bill.

Mass unemployment is a desirable status quo for most businesses. It means a readily available cheap workforce, who can be manipulated and exploited.
    Monetarist policy has a great deal to do with the EU and beyond.

Go on then, I am all ears as to how this one works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a minute I thought you meant they had literally copied a BNP poster. I know the definition of racism seems to change every five minutes to accommodate the latest PC fad, but I am really struggling to find the racist element in this poster.

Me too.
  • AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I was intrigued by the comment about the Kitchener poster, not being used in WW1, I thought it was the iconic image

I did look it up on Wiki, but it manages to contradict itself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Kitchener_Wants_You

"Lord Kitchener Wants You was a 1914 advertisement which was developed into a recruitment poster. It depicted Lord Kitchener, the British Secretary of State for War, above the words "WANTS YOU". "

Then

"The placement of the Kitchener poster designed by Alfred Leete has been examined and questioned following an Imperial War Museum publication in 1997 suggesting that the poster itself was a 'non event' and was made popular by postwar advertising by the war museum."

:confused: