New UKIP poster campaign

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    No, that phrase was widely used by the National Front and the BNP before Brown used it in 2007.

Brown was blatantly courting the BNP/EDL far right votes in 2007.;-)
  • CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I am not so sure you quite understand what employment regulations are for. :confused:

It doesn't take a lot to confuse you does it ?:D

The original poster I replied too, was implying that the workers ukip are trying to attract would be losing rights and protections.

I was making the point that rights and protections count for nothing if you don't have a job or get paid very little.
    The free movement of people within the EU is the major cause for the state of the employment market in Britain today.

When we leave the EU we will be free to legislate whatever employment laws we see fit.
    Do you think we as a country are incapable of such things ?

Do you accept that the free movement of people within the EU has ultimately been detrimental for large sections of our native workforce ?
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I appear to be having real difficulty telling the difference between UKIP's campaign and BNP campaigns of recent times. Seem to portray the same message.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I appear to be having real difficulty telling the difference between UKIP's campaign and BNP campaigns of recent times. Seem to portray the same message.
    UKIP are fundamentally different. BNP is based on race. UKIP is based on saving this country from European Union tyranny.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    UKIP are fundamentally different. BNP is based on race. UKIP is based on saving this country from European Union tyranny.
    Who is the tyrant? Van Rompuy doesn't come across as a tyrant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The system is tyrannical and it controlled by undemocratic and unelected bureaucrats.
  • tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Both campaigns seem xenophobic and racist by nature, I see no difference.
  • AndyCopenAndyCopen Posts: 2,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I probably wont vote for him next time.

Opps, nope, no one did, he just got appointed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Both campaigns seem xenophobic and racist by nature, I see no difference.
    If protecting British workers against uncontrolled immigration which effects millions of unemployed is racist to you, well that is your own issue.

Thank christ Nigel Farage survived the plane crash and is fighting for British workers against the disgraceful unlimited and uncontrolled immigration bordering on local workers cleansing.
  • allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were what, three years old, when the war ended? How much propaganda did you understand?

You'd have been closer if you'd have said "when the war started".
    Forum Member
    The system is tyrannical and it controlled by undemocratic and unelected bureaucrats.

As a tyranny can only be run by one person, would nomocracy fit the description better?
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Then he wont mind standing for direct election will he.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When does Angela Merkel appoint the next set of gnomes ?, must be fairly soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course he would, hardly anyone knew who the guy was until Farage talked about him. Amazing how so many people in the UK don't know who this guy is.
    Forum Member
    "On 1 March 2012 Herman Van Rompuy was re-elected by the heads of state or government of the 27 EU member states." He was elected many times in Belgium.
  • riceutenriceuten Posts: 5,876
    Forum Member
    ....and race, but not quite so overtly. They want to give council housing priority to people "who have 2 British parents" - read "2 white parents"
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    "On 1 March 2012 Herman Van Rompuy was re-elected by the heads of state or government of the 27 EU member states." He was elected many times in Belgium.

He was elected unopposed. Such democracy!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndyCopen wrote: »
    I have to say, I was intrigued by the comment about the Kitchener poster, not being used in WW1, I thought it was the iconic image

I did look it up on Wiki, but it manages to contradict itself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Kitchener_Wants_You

"Lord Kitchener Wants You was a 1914 advertisement which was developed into a recruitment poster. It depicted Lord Kitchener, the British Secretary of State for War, above the words "WANTS YOU". "

Then

"The placement of the Kitchener poster designed by Alfred Leete has been examined and questioned following an Imperial War Museum publication in 1997 suggesting that the poster itself was a 'non event' and was made popular by postwar advertising by the war museum."

:confused:

Did you miss this bit:

"Posters appealing to recruits are to be seen on every hoarding, in most windows, in omnibuses, tramcars and commercial vans. The great base of Nelson's Column is covered with them. Their number and variety are remarkable. Everywhere Lord Kitchener sternly points a monstrously big finger, exclaiming 'I Want You'".[9] Although it became one of the most famous posters in history,[9] its widespread circulation did not halt the decline in recruiting

Perhaps the newspapers were lying or perhaps those nations who used similar posters with a pointed finger, all got the idea at the same time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Farage intimated, Van Rompuy is a nobody.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Nice of the BNP to lend UKIP their posters in time for the European elections.

Particularly this one https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/458216421529767936

That can't be a real poster surely? Is it a spoof?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mass unemployment is a desirable status quo for most businesses. It means a readily available cheap workforce, who can be manipulated and exploited.

Go on then, I am all ears as to how this one works.

Are you Dumbo? :D
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    riceuten wrote: »
    ....and race, but not quite so overtly. They want to give council housing priority to people "who have 2 British parents" - read "2 white parents"

Lol, you're amusing if nothing else.

When UKIP talk about "British" they mean "white" in this instance according to you.

Should they talk about "British" in a different context you (and others) will be chomping at the bit to call them racist as not everybody British is white.

When you talk about the British abroad, we all know that you only see white people as British because they have "beetroot red" faces.
    Perhaps that's where your confusion stems from?
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm BNP and UKIP posters are trying to be as offensive as the Tories "Go Home" poster vans.
  • PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant. love it. Then again I'm voting UKIP even if it leaves a horrid taste in my mouth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allaorta wrote: »
    Did you miss this bit:

"Posters appealing to recruits are to be seen on every hoarding, in most windows, in omnibuses, tramcars and commercial vans. The great base of Nelson's Column is covered with them. Their number and variety are remarkable. Everywhere Lord Kitchener sternly points a monstrously big finger, exclaiming 'I Want You'".[9] Although it became one of the most famous posters in history,[9] its widespread circulation did not halt the decline in recruiting

Perhaps the newspapers were lying or perhaps those nations who used similar posters with a pointed finger, all got the idea at the same time.

I read it all, and just quoted a couple of seemingly contadictory comments. I did provide the link so people could read it and make their own mind up :)