Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jokanovic wrote: »
    As a Spurs fan you would surely know about embarrassing managers.

And I can admit it when they do something stupid. The bigger problem is the chairman though.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    No Eto'o tonight. I'm too nervous to look up whether Hazard is expected to play.

Don't like the rumour about Luiz playing RB, but it seems likely considering Cole wasn't even on the bench on Saturday.
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Id be happy with a 0 all and get them back to the bridge
    Forum Member
    No way - we need an away goal. I wouldn't back us to shut them out twice, or for us to score more than them at the Bridge.
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LFC fan

Good look for tonight..and we will see you sunday
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    No Eto'o tonight. I'm too nervous to look up whether Hazard is expected to play.

Don't like the rumour about Luiz playing RB, but it seems likely considering Cole wasn't even on the bench on Saturday.

I don't think we will see Ash again until the last home game at the Bridge, I don't think Jose will play him for the simple reason he won't be there next season, I can see the thinking behind that I have to say, he wants to see what players can do for when we need them to play there for next season
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you think so ? I think he may trust Cole, despite his lack of games. I think he'll go for Luiz and Lampard as his defensive pairing in midfield. I don't think he'll risk Hazard, so it will probably be Willian, Oscar and Schurrle as the attacking trio, with Torres up front.
    Be interesting to see how Torres performs "going home"..a good game and perhaps we'll be able to off-load him in part exchange in the summer ? It actually might be the best solution for everyone concerned.
    It's going to be tough, we need some big performances tonight. I'm quite looking foward to seeing Koke, he's been getting rave reviews. Only 22, someone we might keep an eye on for the future ?
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not overly confident about tonights game, i just hope we can stay in it for the second leg - an away goal and preventing them from scoring more than 2 and i would be OK with the result. Best case? Probably 1-1. Cant see us winning tonight anyway.
    Forum Member
    I was wrong. Just thought he would have given Cole a run-out on Saturday seeing as he hadn't played for so long.

No Hazard on the bench :( Mikel starts :(:(

Cech Azpilicueta Cahill Terry Cole Mikel Luiz Lampard Ramires Torres Willian
  • denddend Posts: 2,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extremely defensive lineup, 433 with Ramires as a winger, not sure we could get anymore defensive. feels more like a 4411 actually. Going to be a long night i think...
  • ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea subs v Atletico: Schwarzer, Kalas, Ake, Van Ginkel, Oscar, Schurrle, Ba

Nice to see Van Ginkel there. :)

Our best chance of scoring will probably come from a set piece....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wrong. Just thought he would have given Cole a run-out on Saturday seeing as he hadn't played for so long.

No Hazard on the bench :( Mikel starts :(:(

Cech Azpilicueta Cahill Terry Cole Mikel Luiz Lampard Ramires Torres Willian

Blimey, he's gone pretty defensive..Mikel, Luiz, Lampard and Ramires. I can't see us posing much of a goal threat. But I suppose Lampard and Ramires used to get foward in the roles they've played in the past.
    Forum Member
    With that line-up I'd be amazed if we see more than 5 shots at goal. (not including the several high/wide efforts from Luiz)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we should be hard to break down. Ramires and Willian will work up and down the flanks to protect Cole and Azpil. Solid and physically strong in central midfield. Let's hope there are no silly mistakes, then maybe we can nick a goal on the break.
    Forum Member
    That's a brilliant hair/beard combo from Cole right there......
    Forum Member
    Oh, f**k!

Please be fine :(
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cz off oh no.
    Forum Member
    So far, so good. I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. They have only had one soft shot on target and another decent effort that was just wide of the post. Not bad given the amount of defending we've had to do.
    Torres should have done better with that ball from Luiz, and Ramires was clear once but decided to wait for support.
    I bet we'll get some stick if everything remains the same..but I don't care. :)
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jt off oh no part 2
    Forum Member
    Hmm. I'm not convinced that's a good result.

If we're missing Cech, Terry, Hazard, and Eto'o next week - :o edit: Lampard and Mikel, too.
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member
    Hmm. I'm not convinced that's a good result.

If we're missing Cech, Terry, Hazard, and Eto'o next week - :o

Well your not losing going into the second leg

It's not a bad result
    Forum Member
    Yes, but we'll need to outscore them. The fact it's a CL match is the only thing that makes me think we can do it next week - providing some of the above players are fit. If Hazard and Eto'o aren't available......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have settled for that before the kick-off tonight. An away goal would have been nice, but I fancy our chances at the Bridge.
    The big worry will be the injuries. :(
    Forum Member
    Jose's confirmed that Cech is out for the rest of the season :(
This discussion has been closed.