Tiscali Customers to move to Talk Talk's own network...

Just read the following on the Tiscali website:
The latest news
We’ve been single-minded in our determination to maintain and enhance your current service. For the time being, you’ll stay on the Tiscali network with your email address, your billing information and your customer service numbers all remaining the same.

So what’s changing? We’re planning to move Tiscali customers on to the TalkTalk network as soon as possible so you can enjoy its full benefits as a TalkTalk customer. The good news is that TalkTalk’s Next Generation Network is the biggest in Britain with 90% of customers who move to us saying that they prefer it to their previous provider.

You’ll also see that we’re committed to delivering faster and more consistent speeds and the very best value, such as free calls to 0845/0870 numbers and to four million fellow TalkTalk customers.

At the moment we’re concentrating our efforts on improving the service you receive and, in the coming months, we’ll be in touch with some bright ideas to help you enjoy your phone and broadband to the full.

However, if after hearing all this you want to join us straightaway, simply call 0800 049 1412 for a fast track upgrade.

I wonder how this fits in the the statement of keeping Tiscali TV and revamping it? Is Talk Talk TV in the pipeline? So far Talk Talk have not really answered any queries, just created more questions...

Taken from: http://www.tiscali.co.uk/members/talktalk-july-09-update.html?lpos=content-slider-1-1&lid=content-slider-1_wevejoinedforceswithtalktalk

Mike :)

Comments

• scottygscottyg Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    I think a lot of people who were migrated to Tiscali fom Homechoice like me will be absolutely dreading this:eek:

Hold on tight guys its gonna be bumpy:D
  • edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And so the wheel turns. I wonder who we'll migrate to after this one gets done :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    There is nothing like a bit of doom and gloom to raise our spirits.

I had no problems when being moved from Homechoice to Tiscali. There were no problems when recently upgrading to the PVR. Only those with problems seem to post on this forum. For the vast majority, such as myself, things have gone well. I see no reason why a further move be any different.
  • brokendavbrokendav Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the tiscali tv ideas was a good idea and ive been satisfied with the service, after the freezing box was sorted, but i can see Carphone warehouse destroying this service ill see how it all goes in the next few months and when my Contract is up in december it may be time to venture out
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave T120r wrote: »
    I had no problems when being moved from Homechoice to Tiscali. There were no problems when recently upgrading to the PVR.

That's my experience too. But I haven't used Tisc TV for a couple of months because my box is buzzing (must be the dreaded fan) and I've got to de-clutter before I can have the engineer in ;) I have several Freeview PVRs so it's just my animal and crime documentaries I really miss, but there were so many repeats anyway.

What does concern me is the possibility of a higher phone bill - at present my all-in monthly bill for Tiscali+ TV, broadband and phone rental/calls is almost always sub-£32.

parthena
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We were told Tiscali was the worst ISP out there before the move.

My experience has been perfectly fine.

Talk Talk has got a much better reputation, so why worry about it?