Other ice shows

Comments

• bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As it says local and proffessional skaters maybe thats why Colin is flying to the UK!
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    As it says local and proffessional skaters maybe thats why Colin is flying to the UK!

Maybe BUT then remember its was impossible to get him a visa for Ice Party! So doubt a small show like this could get him one.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Maybe BUT then remember its was impossible to get him a visa for Ice Party! So doubt a small show like this could get him one.

Not impossible, but very unlikely IMO - plus I'd imagine that if Colin was in the show they would be plugging it on the posters to sell extra tickets, as he is pretty popular.
    Forum Member
    Bumping an old thread to say that I've been to HOT ICE in Blackpool this past weekend - the 2012 production 'Entice' is absolutely brilliant as always! For anyone who loves ice skating and isn't bothered about 'big names' I can't recommend this show enough, its on for a few more weeks so there is still time to get a ticket. :)

I'm really hyped up for Kyran Bracken's Ice Party now, and then off to see Holiday On Ice 'Speed' later in the year. I think I have an addiction!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    Bumping an old thread to say that I've been to HOT ICE in Blackpool this past weekend - the 2012 production 'Entice' is absolutely brilliant as always! For anyone who loves ice skating and isn't bothered about 'big names' I can't recommend this show enough, its on for a few more weeks so there is still time to get a ticket. :)

I'm really hyped up for Kyran Bracken's Ice Party now, and then off to see Holiday On Ice 'Speed' later in the year. I think I have an addiction!

Hot Ice really is fabulous this year isnt it? Seen it a number of times now and never bore of watching it, especially one or two of the cast ;)
    Forum Member
    Hot Ice really is fabulous this year isnt it? Seen it a number of times now and never bore of watching it, especially one or two of the cast ;)

I don't think I would either - although I'd probably favour different cast members to you! ;) When I went the crowd wasn't huge but they were a really loud, warm and appreciative audience which I think added to a great show. It was nice to see a few people hanging back for autographs afterwards as well. It's always great to see people who appreciate real talent! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I would either - although I'd probably favour different cast members to you! ;) When I went the crowd wasn't huge but they were a really loud, warm and appreciative audience which I think added to a great show. It was nice to see a few people hanging back for autographs afterwards as well. It's always great to see people who appreciate real talent! :)

So which of the cast did you like then?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who are they then TraceyUK? Do tell!

I'd love to see Hot Ice again, but do wish the matinee shows were longer. The evening shows are too late for me to get home via train.
    Forum Member
    So which of the cast did you like then?

Well to be fair all of the cast are fantastic - there's no space for weak links in a show like that though, if anyone wasn't up to scratch it would let them all down. From a purely shallow point of view there are some very nice ladies in the cast though! ;) :cool:

I agree with the matinee comment from Snow_Leopard - I don't mind too much as I love going to Blackpool for other reasons too, but a full-length afternoon show could certainly be useful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are they then TraceyUK? Do tell!
    I'd love to see Hot Ice again, but do wish the matinee shows were longer. The evening shows are too late for me to get home via train.

Now that would be telling lol, one of them was new to the show last year and was very pleased he came back this year and now hoping he'll be back next year too but kinda scared to ask him incase he isnt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well to be fair all of the cast are fantastic - there's no space for weak links in a show like that though, if anyone wasn't up to scratch it would let them all down. From a purely shallow point of view there are some very nice ladies in the cast though! ;) :cool:

I agree with the matinee comment from Snow_Leopard - I don't mind too much as I love going to Blackpool for other reasons too, but a full-length afternoon show could certainly be useful.

Although I appreciate the guys in the show I do also appreciate the fact that some of the girls are stunning too, two in particular stand out for me, Daria who has the dyed bright red hair (love her eye make up this year) and also like Carly (has the big feathers in the finale) both are really lovely and Im gonna miss Carly when she leaves the show this year.
    Forum Member
    Although I appreciate the guys in the show I do also appreciate the fact that some of the girls are stunning too, two in particular stand out for me, Daria who has the dyed bright red hair (love her eye make up this year) and also like Carly (has the big feathers in the finale) both are really lovely and Im gonna miss Carly when she leaves the show this year.

If we're playing that game then I was verging on 'man crush' territory with Alexey! ;) Thankfully there are plenty of nice girls to keep me on track!

Shame about Carly, but it can be nice to have new people join these shows IMO. Some of my favourite DOI professionals have joined in the last few years, after all. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, I think so. Other Ice shows have full-length early shows, such as the others you mentioned and DOI. Maybe Hot Ice is missing out with this market for day trippers like me?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we're playing that game then I was verging on 'man crush' territory with Alexey! ;) Thankfully there are plenty of nice girls to keep me on track!

Shame about Carly, but it can be nice to have new people join these shows IMO. Some of my favourite DOI professionals have joined in the last few years, after all. :)

Which Alexey theres two lol, the one in the bathtub or the one with long shaggy dark hair??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think its viable for Hot Ice to do full shows in the afternoon and given the cast only have one day off a week it wouldnt be fair on them either, they're already doing 6 full shows and 6 matinees a week, although maybe a full afternoon show on a Wednesday would work as that tends to be the busiest day.
    Forum Member
    I dont think its viable for Hot Ice to do full shows in the afternoon and given the cast only have one day off a week it wouldnt be fair on them either, they're already doing 6 full shows and 6 matinees a week, although maybe a full afternoon show on a Wednesday would work as that tends to be the busiest day.

If it was up to me I'd have full-length matinee shows maybe a couple of times per week, and not bother on the other days. Presumably the Pleasure Beach know what they are doing with these shows, but I can't really understand the point of doing half a show!?

Oh and I meant Alexey who skates - although the bath segment is actually one of my favourite bits in the whole show now you mention it!
  • Johanna_RobertsJohanna_Roberts Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know anything about the theatrical productions by the "Russian Ice Stars".

http://www.wildroseltd.co.uk/productions.html

I'm tempted to go to see Beauty and the Beast on ice later this year, but don't want to be disappointed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know anything about the theatrical productions by the "Russian Ice Stars".

http://www.wildroseltd.co.uk/productions.html

I'm tempted to go to see Beauty and the Beast on ice later this year, but don't want to be disappointed.

Yes, I saw their 'Cirque de Glace' show, and it was brilliant! I would certainly go see them again. :)
  • Johanna_RobertsJohanna_Roberts Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Thanks. :)
  • bewestbewest Posts: 887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read a tweet from Chico that He, Kyran Bracken and Ray Quinn plus Jodeyne will be performing with the Russian allstars in Peterborough end of January. Does anyone know any details or whether it is a full tour (I think the Russian skaters usually tour for about 8 weeks?)

Personally I would absolutely love to see Ray Quinn skate again as I thought he was overall the best I have seen on DOI in terms of artistry and musicality, and didnt think I would ever see him skate again. If anyone knows of anything further on dates, venues or indeed whether this is really true or not, I would love to know!
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That sounds as if Jodene won't be back on DOI then!
    Forum Member
    bewest wrote: »
    Just read a tweet from Chico that He, Kyran Bracken and Ray Quinn plus Jodeyne will be performing with the Russian allstars in Peterborough end of January. Does anyone know any details or whether it is a full tour (I think the Russian skaters usually tour for about 8 weeks?)

Personally I would absolutely love to see Ray Quinn skate again as I thought he was overall the best I have seen on DOI in terms of artistry and musicality, and didnt think I would ever see him skate again. If anyone knows of anything further on dates, venues or indeed whether this is really true or not, I would love to know!

That sounds like an amazing line-up! That said, I'm a bit disapointed that this show is being arranged when so little has been confirmed about the line-up for Kyran Bracken's Ice Party in Blackpool, which is less than 2 months away. Hopefully the Blackpool shows won't be neglected in favour of this.
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodynora wrote: »
    That sounds as if Jodene won't be back on DOI then!

That's a great shame as she's done really well with Johnson and Chico.

I assume that would mean Sean is out too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It now looks as if the Celebrity Ice Show in Peterborough with the Russian Ice Stars is definitely going ahead. Peterborough Arena have tweeted that the official launch will be next Sunday in Peterborough with Ray Quinn, Chico and Kyran Bracken present. Due to take place end of January. No mention of any pro skaters we know being there next weekend. I really never expected to see Ray Quinn skate again as he is so busy with theatre work so really delighted to have this further opportunity. Looks like it could be a great show with the Russian skaters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Details of the Peterborough Arena Ice Show launch this coming Sunday. Looks set to be a great show. http://www.peterborougharena.com/2012/09/18/stars-get-the-ice-party-started-in-peterborough-this-weekend/