The Bloomberg TV Appreciation Thread

18910111214»

Comments

• dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something in the water at Bloomberg Technology, Caroline Hyde covering Emily Chang's maternity leave now appears to be pregnant herself.👶
  • Wimfan2017Wimfan2017 Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Another one of CNBC Europe's limited pool of presenters snatched up by their big rival then.

This is a very good appointment for Bloomberg and a huge loss for CNBC.

Looking at Julia's CNBC twitter account, her last tweet was back in January so wonder if she left then.

At this rate CNBC will be left with no-one to present their European shows - they have already resorted to sending Wilfred Frost all the way from HQ to Paris when surely a CNBC Europe presenter could have done the job just a well and at a cost saving.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epsom wrote: »

Had wondered where she'd gone, last saw her at Davos.

Have the tables turned? For years it was always CNBC pinching Bloomberg presenters (Sara Eisen, Margaret Brennan etc).
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    edited 03/12/17 - 16:19 #331
    dodrade wrote: »

Have the tables turned? For years it was always CNBC pinching Bloomberg presenters (Sara Eisen, Margaret Brennan etc).

Just seen this thread. I'm getting the impression that CNBC as a TV channel is dying out (their main focus now is their digital media) and Bloomberg is on the up and up. Their TV channel seems to be getting stronger. I don't really have the time to watch business channels these days because I'm always so busy with college stuff and enjoying an active social life but I look at Bloomberg on my phone sometimes. I have it on TV but rarely look at it. On a related note, Louisa Bojesen left CNBC at the end of April. I wonder could she end up on Bloomberg yet? They only have two presenters from the 2000s left on there now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just seen this thread. I'm getting the impression that CNBC as a TV channel is dying out (their main focus now is their digital media) and Bloomberg is on the up and up. Their TV channel seems to be getting stronger. I don't really have the time to watch business channels these days because I'm always so busy with college stuff and enjoying an active social life but I look at Bloomberg on my phone sometimes. I have it on TV but rarely look at it. On a related note, Louisa Bojesen left CNBC at the end of April. I wonder could she end up on Bloomberg yet? They only have two presenters from the 2000s left on there now.

Bloomberg's new London HQ looks good too.
  • hdtvfan20hdtvfan20 Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Bloomberg I feel is a better as unlike CNBC, there is a free youtube stream which enable anywhere anytime catchup. also listen on the go with bloomberg on London DAB Radio
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there has been a positive test at Bloomberg London HQ, Francine Lacqua
    suddenly back presenting from home again and having to do the news bulletins herself.

Anna Edwards hasn't been in the studio since the outbreak began, presumably she or her family has an underlying condition/increased risk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if there has been a positive test at Bloomberg London HQ, Francine Lacqua
    suddenly back presenting from home again and having to do the news bulletins herself.

Anna Edwards hasn't been in the studio since the outbreak began, presumably she or her family has an underlying condition/increased risk.

Anna Edwards finally came back to the studio a couple of weeks ago.