Options

[Torchwood: Miracle Day] 'The Blood Line' - BBC1 9PM (UK Pace)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No hate. Great episode.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How?
    By simply writing and filming ten episodes
    Why? (Which would have been a better question)
    I don't know
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey S wrote: »
    Too much chat throughout. The scenes at The Blessing were heavy with exposition and monologue.
    True. And most of that was all a bit lame.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome episode - my two favourite moments being the blood transfusion reveal and Gwen VS Jilly. The focus on humanity really all in all.

Esther too. :(

Am WTF over Rex also being immortal now [so much for nothing in your blood, eh, Jack :rolleyes:].
    Surely that'd make a potential new series of Torchwood rather pointless, and boring [two immortals, one mortal]? :confused:
  • Options
    the_reaper87the_reaper87 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I swear Gwen's face at the end, it was totally:

"Rex, What the hell do you think you're doing?"
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    Why did Esther have to die :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Love the show!! love the season!! love Cap Jack and totally love John Barrowman. Amazing job. I really want another season!!!!! More Torchwood please!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just thought of something random.
    The Doctor is being burnt on a funeral pyre on the shores of Lake Silencio when *GASP* he comes back to life! :D

.....not likely though....
  • Options
    AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant end to a good series. I enjoyed the cat fight between Jilly and Gwen 'How much bloody lipstick can you wear?!' and everything seemed to come together nicely.

Was very sad when Esther got shot! It took a while for me to warm to her but she was an excellent character and I'll miss her. Glad Charlotte also saw her comeuppance at the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Really wish Esther could have lived, I really liked her. :( It would have made the perfect ending then but then again, it's Torchwood, you've got to expect someone to perish at the end.

I really liked the ending and the twist with Rex. I'm so glad that Charlotte got what was coming to her! :mad: Really interested about what Plan B is and the whole thing with Jilly and that family guy. I also loved the whole like cat fight between Jilly and Gwen. :p
  • Options
    NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now if the rest of the series had the pace of that episode, still glad I stuck with it.

Not suprised about the twist with rex though, thought he'd survive with jacks blood.
  • Options
    MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm convinced Esther faked her death to get away from the CIA since she would have been arrested. Esther should be waiting for them back in the Wales. :)
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fittingly poor ending to a terrible series. The complete lack of internal logic and intelligence that has been displayed throughout the series (and tonight's finale) has been shocking. Of course I could have forgiven all that if the pacing hadn't been awful or if they'd manage to construct engaging plot points or at least one likeable or vaguely real character.

The whole thing has been a mess.Thankfully I doubt it'll be back.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant end to a good series. I enjoyed the cat fight between Jilly and Gwen 'How much bloody lipstick can you wear?!' and everything seemed to come together nicely.

what a fantastic line that was! :)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Posts: 1,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikaRimmer wrote: »
    I'm convinced Esther faked her death to get away from the CIA since she would have been arrested. Esther should be waiting for them back in the Wales. :)

That would be an excellent twist!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luxvia wrote: »
    Really wish Esther could have lived, I really liked her. :( It would have made the perfect ending then but then again, it's Torchwood, you've got to expect someone to perish at the end.

I really liked the ending and the twist with Rex. I'm so glad that Charlotte got what was coming to her! :mad: Really interested about what Plan B is and the whole thing with Jilly and that family guy. I also loved the whole like cat fight between Jilly and Gwen. :p

We'll only ever find out if the series is renewed.
    I hope it is, but I doubt it will ever be the British Torchwood it once was.
    Anyway, if they do renew the series, I think they should do something similar to what Doctor Who is doing now. Have standalone episodes with an underlying arc.
  • Options
    scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    im not trolling but my opinion is i really havent liked this series. i thought children of earth was much better. :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the US cast/locations added anything. I wish they'd go back to chasing scaly aliens around Cardiff!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    Very enjoyable barring one annoying flaw...
    The average age was 66 years 5 months and 33 days

Erm...that'll be 66 years 6 and a bit months then. :confused:

Oh, and we'd also worked out that Rex might become immortal. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Oswald's last line 'Run faster!' Nice ambiguity between whether he was still talking about Suzy or Gwen and Jack's escape. Also if Jilly hadn't made it, it implied that she also should have run faster :eek: I was glad he didn't have a sudden about-face at the end and start begging for forgiveness, that would have ruined the character for me. It was still his desire to die that drove him, as well as I think he didn't mind helping Gwen escape at the end because he gained a bit of admiration for her - 'You're magnificent.' Bill Pullman did very well.

I could have done without the sequel-baiting though :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scumcat wrote: »
    im not trolling but my opinion is i really havent liked this series. i thought children of earth was much better. :cry::cry::cry:

yes children of earth was better, but that was pretty much the best thing on TV the whole last decade. I do get a sense some people have set the bar a bit too high here.
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great last episode, no padding I could see off, very tense and a neat surprise at the end, though it should really have been obvious as he had Jack's blood within him! :D

My only disappointment is that Ester was killed off. :(

Though it's possible she isn't dead, with Torchwood nothing is for certain, but it seems Torchwood has a passion of killing of popular characters. Following Tosh, Owen and Lanto, we've had Vera and now Ester. :(

Definitely the best episode of the series, it's a shame we had to wait ten weeks to see it though. The ending looks as if it will be more of the same next series though it'll be a shame if they make another one story series. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the US cast/locations added anything. I wish they'd go back to chasing scaly aliens around Cardiff!

I agree, this americanised torchwood wasn't torchwood at all. It was some american mickey mouse rubbish trying to be ' 24 ' feat Capt Jack and Gwen.

It was episodes of pure boredom, and the finale made me feel like I have wasted hours of my life.

Either bring torchwood back to Cardiff chasing aliens every week or scrap the show all together.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Brilliant, thankyou RTD for this story, loved every minute, tonight shocking in places, I kind of knew that would happen to Rex, but it was a great ending, roll on next series.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    They didnt really seem very sad at her funeral

I said the same thing to OH...i may be way off the mark..but it crosses my warped mind that Jilly isnt Jilly but really Esther having had plastic surgery etc to be inside with the family..ok ok..im mad...lol.