Previous Survivor Discussion

Comments

• Gothic-DudeGothic-Dude Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 11 and 12 done now as well

If I had to rank the ones I have seen so far

Allstars - Boston Rob owned the series, and the final jury being all bitter was the best
    Amazon - Great cast and loved how the power changed every episode
    Season 9 - I liked the cast, it improved so much as it went on
    Pearl Islands - Interesting Cast, not sure about the twist though
    Season 12 - Oh god poor Terry, he kept trying so hard, but the cast of Courtney, Shane, Ceras, Dani, Bruce and Aras was a great cast, I mean their tribe was so much more interesting than the other tribe, so Im glad they stuck together
    Season 11 - I hated half the cast, and I find Steph annoying however like season 9 it was fun to see the underdog pull in the win
    Hero v villians
    Australia - Liked Jerri and Elizabeth, but it got boring when the one tribe voted out the other
    Africa - Interesting for couple of episodes then got boring
    Redemption Island - Apart from the winner and crazy Philip it was a predictable season

Rank winners
    Been happy with most winners, bar maybe Tina and Amber (only because I think Rob played the better game but pissed half the jury off)

Sandra, although weak knows how to play the jury, which is a strength

Aras and Danni are two under-rated winners in my view, Surprised their wins are not more acknowledged

Anyone else think Dani from season 12 and Hero v Villians and Amber look so alike?

Anyway going to take a few days off now!
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's funny because I'm loving One World too, but have seen that you're not such a fan! We're survivor opposites :cool:

Are you sure?

Its by far the best season since at least HvV imo :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Got to agree with you there. Love the old school Survivor tasks like "the chop" and the reward challenges. It's what was sorely missed during rubbish island. There's just so much potential for animosity. Who knew Kat would wake her brain cell up?

Heroes and Villains will always be my favourite though. I cant ever see a season being as entertaining as that. Even with the dreaded Russell and Rupert.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't love Heroes vs Villains as much as lots of people do. As a season I don't really know where I'd rank it. It was full of good moments, but something makes me not love it that much. Possibly a combination of Russell fatigue by that stage, and also because I thought Sandra was kind of an underwhelming winner. I still think its good though.

My favourites are Micronesia / Gabon / Vanuatu.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching Cook Island and wondering how Candice was picked as a hero in s20, shes a right bitch. Gotta say Pav is disappointing me, shes not very interesting,

I love the one tribe though Kul? Becky, Sandra? and Ozzy, sorry I am forgettably with names, but Im worried as I am on the part where they merge and its 4 vs 5, so I hope Kul? uses the Idol to even the number out :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Are you sure?

Ah! Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone there then :p
    Forum Member
    Watching Cook Island and wondering how Candice was picked as a hero in s20, shes a right bitch. Gotta say Pav is disappointing me, shes not very interesting,

I love the one tribe though Kul? Becky, Sandra? and Ozzy, sorry I am forgettably with names, but Im worried as I am on the part where they merge and its 4 vs 5, so I hope Kul? uses the Idol to even the number out :)

Yeah, Parvati's crap in CI, God knows how she got picked for FvF based on her performance.

*Yul and *Sundra :p
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first season I saw was where they were split into different races and after that I raced off to watch all the previous seasons. Survivor season 3: Africa was my favourite though, sadly my copy is absolutely shite. Was it ever released on DVD? :confused::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Parvati's crap in CI, God knows how she got picked for FvF based on her performance.

*Yul and *Sundra :p

Yeah I heard she is a beast in Fans v Favs so cant wait to see that one.

Yeah thats them :p I like them four so I hope they stick together. Im not liking the other tribe... hopefully Jonathan will flip and vote with them so they can stay :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    The first season I saw was where they were split into different races and after that I raced off to watch all the previous seasons. Survivor season 3: Africa was my favourite though, sadly my copy is absolutely shite. Was it ever released on DVD? :confused::(

Yup. http://www.amazon.com/Survivor-Africa-The-Complete-Season/dp/B00005JOAQ

I love Ethan, one of my favourite winners and Africa was a great season IMO. ( :p Not a lot agree with me on that one, I'm so glad you do)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    Yup. http://www.amazon.com/Survivor-Africa-The-Complete-Season/dp/B00005JOAQ

I love Ethan, one of my favourite winners and Africa was a great season IMO. ( :p Not a lot agree with me on that one, I'm so glad you do)

I found the first few episodes good with the young vs the older generation but it got boring and predictable as the game went. But I agree Ethan is also so far one of my favourite winners, such a shame to learn he has cancer :( He seemed to give alot of money to charity which shows what a decent guy he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Done with Cook, I enjoyed it very much
    So happy with the final 4, but would have liked a final 2 between Yul and Ozzy as I don't think Becky deserved to be in the final. On Yul winning, I think he was a good strategic person and deserved the win, however Ozzy was a beast in comps, and I felt he was a underdog from episode 3 so I would of preferred to see him win, but that's only my view
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Done with Cook, I enjoyed it very much
    So happy with the final 4, but would have liked a final 2 between Yul and Ozzy as I don't think Becky deserved to be in the final. On Yul winning, I think he was a good strategic person and deserved the win, however Ozzy was a beast in comps, and I felt he was a underdog from episode 3 so I would of preferred to see him win, but that's only my view
    Sometimes I forget Cook Islands had a final 3, as I only remember the battle between Yul and Ozzy. :o
    However, I think it had to be a final 3 because I think they would have both been smart enough not to take eachother to the final 2. So thankfully the final 3 scenario made sure Yul and Ozzy would face-off in the final, in a final 2 they would have both likely taken Becky.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I forget Cook Islands had a final 3, as I only remember the battle between Yul and Ozzy. :o
    However, I think it had to be a final 3 because I think they would have both been smart enough not to take eachother to the final 2. So thankfully the final 3 scenario made sure Yul and Ozzy would face-off in the final, in a final 2 they would have both likely taken Becky.

Yeah I suppose you are right there, I felt bad she had no votes but she did ride to the end, but I was impressed with her comments in the final council. At least the jury were fair and based it on strategic or physically and not bitterness.

I look forward to Fuji now, everyone says its utter crap so should be interesting to see if I agree.
    Forum Member
    Yeah I suppose you are right there, I felt bad she had no votes but she did ride to the end, but I was impressed with her comments in the final council. At least the jury were fair and based it on strategic or physically and not bitterness.

I look forward to Fuji now, everyone says its utter crap so should be interesting to see if I agree.

I'd say it's a frustrating season especially pre-merge, there's a couple of twists that don't really work well and some rather off-putting people.
    However it is the first season where the Hidden Immunity Idol is used the very effective way it is now, and not like in the couple of seasons before it where they produced it after the votes were read.

Once the tribes in Fiji merge it becomes one of my favourite seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say it's a frustrating season especially pre-merge, there's a couple of twists that don't really work well and some rather off-putting people.
    However it is the first season where the Hidden Immunity Idol is used the very effective way it is now, and not like in the couple of seasons before it where they produced it after the votes were read.

Once the tribes in Fiji merge it becomes one of my favourite seasons.

I look forward to it, watched episode one, no real person standing out for me just yet, and the first vote seemed fair.

Couple of people annoying me, and I dont get the names; Boo, Dreamz and Rocky.. haha :)
    Forum Member
    i really enjoyed Fiji...:o
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My comments on Fiji
    1. Edgardo being blindsided is so good
    2. Only Earl and Yau-Man stood out among the casts. Once YM being voted out in F4, we had a winner.
    3. Michelle being voted out was a bit unlucky
    4. Oh, Lisi....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn wish I never saw that now.

Anyway I was liking this season, however now I am a tad upset
    On Michelle's elimination.... my god that was a cruel twist, she did not stand a chance, really upset I wanted her, Earl and the old guy to make final 3
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darn it. Sorry I didn't put the slash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its okay, Im happy with that winner, but I like Yau Mau he just won the first immunity, I guess
    they voted him out in 4th place cause he would have won, I mean everyone seems to like him and the jury would have given him the money, though still have a few more to go before final
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiji's grown on me over several watchings. It has arguably the most deserving winner ever. I got quite upset the first few episodes when it was first on at how much the poor tribe were suffering compared to the arrogant lot on the luxury site. Karma's a bitch though. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fiji's grown on me over several watchings. It has arguably the most deserving winner ever. I got quite upset the first few episodes when it was first on at how much the poor tribe were suffering compared to the arrogant lot on the luxury site. Karma's a bitch though. :D
    Yeah earl seems to be very smart and strategic so far, he is like Yhul from cook island in a way

btw just finished the episode where Edgardo got blind sided :D
    Forum Member

Apparently because of the success of the underdog Aitu 4 in Cook Islands triumphing over the other tribe, the producers wanted to re-create it with the underdog tribe rising up to take down the tribe in luxury.
    However, that never quite happened.

I hate it how Jeff dismisses a whole season based on the twists that didn't work that were created by the people behind the show. But then he goes gooey over Redemption Island just because his fave Boston Rob won, even though it was terrible in many ways and he's aware that many fans dislike it.
    I think the winner of Fiji makes it a standout season.
    Yeah earl seems to be very smart and strategic so far, he is like Yhul from cook island in a way

btw just finished the episode where Edgardo got blind sided :D

That's my favourite ever Survivor episode :D
    both the reward and immunity challenges are my absolute favourite ones, and the way the drama, scheming and tension built up between the two alliances with a couple of idols kicking about and flip-flopping voters.
    Although the funny thing is that Edgardo was very likeable, yet it takes nothing away from the satisfaction of the blindside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finished Fuji, well I enjoyed, it was not the best, but still a decent one.

Tried to watch china last week but could not get into it, not even Courtney could make me watch it.

So off to see Fans vs Favourites now :)