Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 48)

Comments

• Options
    minkskiminkski Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Morning there ship mates halla, SR, acker, Flora, Janet,Hicky. Arty, Eddy and honey :)

I rather like the FB pirate speak, instead of posting a few minutes ago, it has 3 shots of rum ago! :D
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Morning everybody. :)

The blurb behind these photos is often interesting. . The "healthy" food campaigns just seem to put people off eating stuff.
    I really like those tin baths and i found myself trying to think what i "needed" one for. :o

I got up at four and it was cold beyond belief. I watched "how green was my valley"
    Either i got horribly distracted or it didn't have a proper ending:confused:
    Was there a sequel?

Why is it "talk like a pirate day"? Have they given up trying to make people stop smoking and eat aubergines?

Tebbit is off his rocker! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19643846
    How dare he suggest that one life is of greater worth than another? It is an insult to the families of other victims.

hiya honey :)....pirate days not a patch on what it used to be. :o....Barney the techie geek is back from Ibiza ( " the quiet end " )...he brought me a stick of rock back....it was a cigarette lighter bigger than a Crunchie bar with a rubbish psychedelic design on it and " Flower Power " in big letters.....no one could possibly put it in their pocket and walk off with it by accidend , unless they were 17 foot ten ......in honour of pirate day I will only smoke Capstans . .....dont get me started on Tebbit :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    minkski wrote: »
    Morning there ship mates halla, SR, acker, Flora, Janet,Hicky. Arty, Eddy and honey :)

I rather like the FB pirate speak, instead of posting a few minutes ago, it has 3 shots of rum ago! :D

morning minks :)...ive got a plank poking out of the bathroom window and a bowl of water under it in the yatd but Indie is such a rubbish sport ....wont walk it at all. ....furry nuff I suppose :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It just took me two hands to use my lighter . :o:D
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    acker wrote: »

:D Do you remember when everyone had gigantic cigarette lighters that looked like guns taking up the whole of the coffee table? Still... nobody lost them. You could hardly lift them.
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Morning honey and minks :D

Many hands make lighter work - this may be the lamest post of the day :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D Do you remember when everyone had gigantic cigarette lighters that looked like guns taking up the whole of the coffee table? Still... nobody lost them. You could hardly lift them.

Yeah :D ...Barney is just a black hole into which lighters disappear.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh I dont know :D....im gonna take some photos of it and post them on flickr ...:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D:D:D

Many hands make lighter work - this may be the lamest post of the day :.D

Gloriously sunny day (but cold) I'm off to make some Autumnal garlands :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had something similar to this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DONKEY-Cigarette-Dispenser-Smokes-Eject-From-Butt-Featured-on-Ellen-DeGeneres-/160876378603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2574fab9eb even though i have never smoked in my life.
    I tried to get it to work with chocolate fingers. They would probably fit nicely now they have been shrunk to the size of matchsticks, but at the time they had to be chopped in half and were still too fat. Twiglets came out easily but it went musty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I had something similar to this, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DONKEY-Cigarette-Dispenser-Smokes-Eject-From-Butt-Featured-on-Ellen-DeGeneres-/160876378603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2574fab9eb even though i have never smoked in my life.
    I tried to get it to work with chocolate fingers. They would probably fit nicely now they have been shrunk to the size of matchsticks, but at the time they had to be chopped in half and were still too fat. Twiglets came out easily but it went musty.

A seriously quality article . ...Classy you are honey. :cool:
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Morning Hicky :)....I tried to quote an earlier post but no matter how much I tried to edit I still kept getting told there were " to many images " .....I reckon the pirates could take the smiley police :p
    Morning acker.:))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Just tick the 'Disable smilies in text' box below the reply box, sorted.
    I don't use smilies anymore because of the ridiculous limit of 10.
    Morning everybody. :)

The blurb behind these photos is often interesting. . The "healthy" food campaigns just seem to put people off eating stuff.
    I really like those tin baths and i found myself trying to think what i "needed" one for. :o

I got up at four and it was cold beyond belief. I watched "how green was my valley"
    Either i got horribly distracted or it didn't have a proper ending:confused:
    Was there a sequel?

Why is it "talk like a pirate day"? Have they given up trying to make people stop smoking and eat aubergines?

Tebbit is off his rocker! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19643846
    How dare he suggest that one life is of greater worth than another? It is an insult to the families of other victims.
    Morning Honey.:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Thought all valley's were green.

Morning minkski.:)))))))))))))))))))))

Welcome aboard me hearty, grab a barrel and sit yoursell down.
    :DDo you remember when everyone had gigantic cigarette lighters that looked like guns taking up the whole of the coffee table? Still... nobody lost them. You could hardly lift them.
    No.

Should we vote on it?:DDDDDDDDDDDD
    Some people will smoke any Crap.:DDDDDDDDDDDDD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky, I appreciate your protest but it makes it impossible to quote you and i suspect that the moderators dont give a monkeys. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky, I appreciate your protest but it makes it impossible to quote you and i suspect that the moderators dont give a monkeys. :D
    Why can't you quote me?

Just tick the little box in the Miscellaneous Option below, it says 'Disable smilies in test'

Can't see what the problem is.

If your multi quoting a few people you can't use the smilies anyway as the count often comes to more than 10.

If i do this.:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    It's only 1 smilie anyway.

They are often misunderstood and are worthless to convey anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Why can't you quote me?

Just tick the little box in the Miscellaneous Option below, it says 'Disable smilies in test'

Can't see what the problem is.

If your multi quoting a few people you can't use the smilies anyway as the count often comes to more than 10.

If i do this.:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    It's only 1 smilie anyway.

They are often misunderstood and are worthless to convey anything.

Because it is a hassle deleting all of them. You might not want to use the smileys but other people like them, and to disable yours means we have to disable ours too.
    You are still using them anyway, just without the pictures. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because it is a hassle deleting all of them. You might not want to use the smileys but other people like them, and to disable yours means we have to disable ours too.
    You are still using them anyway, just without the pictures. :p
    You don't need to delete anything, you can put a space after the : line in : D and it stops it being a smilie as it just becomes text.

If DS say the threads run faster without them and they limit a page to 250 smilies and change the thread after every 127 pages then if we don't use the smilies the thread needn't change at all and everything would work fast.

I've been on a thread on some sites for years and it has never been changed, i think they are dreaming.

If the smilies are pulling the site down why do they have any?, a bit confusing.

I'm using them without the pictures as they aren't smilies then, they are just text.

PS.
    We are up to page 138 all ready, maybe me not using smilies and stopping all those i quote has some effect.: D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to start an Anti-Smilie movement.

But i suppose Uncle-Smilie would protest about being left off the front line.: D

Down with the Smilies, : DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Text only.

If you want to smile, type :smile:, or :Big Smile:
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But i suppose Uncle-Smilie would protest about being left off the front line.:

Down with the Smilies, DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Text only.

:D[highlight]Hicky[/highlight]:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You don't need to delete anything, you can put a space after the : line in and it stops it being a smilie as it just becomes text.

If DS say the threads run faster without them and they limit a page to 250 smilies and change the thread after every 127 pages then if we don't use the smilies the thread needn't change at all and everything would work fast.

I've been on a thread on some sites for years and it has never been changed, i think they are dreaming.

If the smilies are pulling the site down why do they have any?, a bit confusing.

I'm using them without the pictures as they aren't smilies then, they are just text.

PS.
    We are up to page 138 all ready, maybe me not using smilies and stopping all those i quote has some effect.:
    Why would it be easier putting lines in than deleting?
    I agree in principle about the smilies. If they are worried about crowding the site they could get rid of all those repetitive threads that are not needed and usually nonsense.

But i suppose Uncle-Smilie would protest about being left off the front line

Down with the Smilies

Text only.

Yes. You do that! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    :D

Helloooooooo:D:D:D

Im having no luck with films today. First the green valley tosh and now i just missed the whole point of "passage to India" cos i was loading the dishwasher.
    We used to have a TV with a sendy thing in the kitchen until CL decided to liberate it into the study so he could see the olympics.
    I might re-capture it. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helloooooooo:D:D:D

Im having no luck with films today. First the green valley tosh and now i just missed the whole point of "passage to India" cos i was loading the dishwasher.
    We used to have a TV with a sendy thing in the kitchen until CL decided to liberate it into the study so he could see the olympics.
    I might re-capture it. :cool:

Do it, then you can rewatch Dallas on +1 in the kitchen :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do it, then you can rewatch Dallas on +1 in the kitchen :D

I always watch it twice. Then i write my own version of what happens next.:cool:
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon me hearties. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A seriously quality article . ...Classy you are honey. :cool:

Today's wreath wot I made - (including the base I'll have you know)

ckm%20wreath2_zps1a8168d8.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Afternoon me hearties. :D
    Ha, I didn't realise why you were talking Pirate earlier until I saw Picto's thread :D
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=61210689#post61210689

Today's wreath wot I made - (including the base I'll have you know)

ckm%20wreath2_zps1a8168d8.jpg

Wow. That's bloody fabtastic Minks! :)

Is it for Burns Night?

:p
This discussion has been closed.