Options

Shane Filan first album as solo artist, your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    zeze88 wrote: »
    Nobody knows that for now - I find it ridiculous that it was reported how he would go country just because he is recording the album in Tennessee:rolleyes:

Personally, I think he will go pop/rock route. but we will have to wait and see.

Who said he was doing country music? He might go pop rock or he might end up doing really boring MOR stuff. Who knows?
  • Options
    zeze88zeze88 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who said he was doing country music? He might go pop rock or he might end up doing really boring MOR stuff. Who knows?

I read 1 article once about him doing country, it made me laugh because they made this assumption purely because he was recording in Tennessee :D

But the truth is, no one knows what he is up to - I just expect Buble route is off the table since no one mentioned that in a while.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For this Friday, Shane decided to follow 50 people.

FilanFriday is currently trending at no.1 in the UK :)
  • Options
    coun3spicecoun3spice Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For this Friday, Shane decided to follow 50 people.

FilanFriday is currently trending at no.1 in the UK :)

wow... i missed that one again, making him trend in uk is a good sign that he can do good with his album..

at least many people are still interested, really hope he does well with his solo career
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he does well I love his voice.
    It depends though sometimes the best singers of bands aren't always the most successful.
    Like Take That Robbie is more successful solo than Gary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    somehow i agree with that..

mark and nicky could also succeed i believe
  • Options
    Pippa2012Pippa2012 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its hard to know how he will do or how anyone of them will do solo. I think if Shane has the right material he will do ok though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pippa2012 wrote: »
    Its hard to know how he will do or how anyone of them will do solo. I think if Shane has the right material he will do ok though.

the right material! that's it... i think it's proven already no matter how big artist you are , if you release a not so good single it wouldn't work,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    somehow i agree with that..

mark and nicky could also succeed i believe

Somehow, I can't see Nicky ever trying to go solo though. He knows that his voice isn't the strongest. Kian on the other hand could at least try if he wants to, his voice is actually good when he sings rock type of songs.

As for Mark, I have high expectations as I know he is very creative and passionate for music. Yesterday he tweeted that he is working with american producer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane's wife tweeted this today:

Chillin in the USA listening to @ShaneFilan new album! So excited!

and also this:

@westlifefansa: @ShaneFilan @Gillian_Filan. Have the kids heard the new album yet? Little judges. He”

Yes.!They've picked their favorites!

This means his album is probably almost done, probably just needs to be mastered :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somehow, I can't see Nicky ever trying to go solo though. He knows that his voice isn't the strongest. Kian on the other hand could at least try if he wants to, his voice is actually good when he sings rock type of songs.

As for Mark, I have high expectations as I know he is very creative and passionate for music. Yesterday he tweeted that he is working with american producer.

not literally on music scene, sorry for not specifying, i meant solo career in general , may it be as a host, actor and everything...

nicky is such a popular westlife member, i believe he is the most popular among all of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coun3spice wrote: »
    not literally on music scene, sorry for not specifying, i meant solo career in general , may it be as a host, actor and everything...

nicky is such a popular westlife member, i believe he is the most popular among all of them.

Yes, you are right about that - he is definitely the most popular so he could do very well as a host. There is something charming about him and he is always humble and polite - you could see all that during Dancing with the Stars - he wasn't the best dancer, but he always tried so hard and that is why he lasted so long on the show. Also, he is very handsome so that also helps:)

I think Shane is 2nd in popularity - he was always considered as a frontman of Westlife.

TV3 reported this about Shane:

"Ex Westlifer Shane Filan has his debut solo album finished and ready to go. The singer, 33, who penned a €1million deal with London Records last month, has apparently now picked every track which will feature on his upcoming release. Record bosses are hoping the album will hit shelves before Christmas."

By the way, Shane decided to follow another 25 people if they tweet FilanFriday. He is trending at no.3 in the UK.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is FilanFriday today and this time, via Facebook Shane revealed competition where you could win a signed copy of a new single. Also ShareShane is currently trending at no.5 worldwide.

Also, he will send a new mail soon so I will let you know if he says anything important :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Lets hope he doesn't blow it and go down the cheesy Ronan Keating route.
    That may sell bucket-loads but will bore very quickly when it come round to album no2.

Shane has the best voice in westlife and deserves a successful solo career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he doesn't go cheesy too much like you said. However, he is co-writing his songs, so he is doing what he likes. I think Ronan ruined himself with too many cover albums... his latest album is not bad actually. It is pop, but the sound is more mature in my opinion. But, I guess not many care as he really harmed himself in every way by cheating on his wife.

So, if Shane actually goes with what Ronan has done on his last album, I won't mind at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shane said this on Twitter:

So my 1st single is also gonna be an EP !! 3 extra tracks .. Release date coming soon !

#albumtaster

#bestfansintheworld

#FilanFriday
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he should re-invent himself as a sort of male GaGa with electro pop anthems and some wacky styling.
    It would him break away from the boyband mould.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like gaga? i dont like... that's awkward for me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope he goes like jason mraz, bruno mars, john mayer, i mean doing cool upbeat songs and at the same time touching ballads

which i believe he can! 100% with the kind of voice that shane filan has.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I think he should re-invent himself as a sort of male GaGa with electro pop anthems and some wacky styling.
    It would him break away from the boyband mould.

I hope you are kidding:D He can break away from the boyband style just as much if he goes pop/rock. I think Lady Gaga has a great voice, but she is wasting it with generic electro pop songs and outrageous outfits. The only song I truly love is You And I because it is a great rock n roll song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a small 1 minute clip Shane posted on his Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgYJ1wq7uB8

Did I hear it right - did he say we will have to wait for 5 weeks to hear the single? Or did he say few?

Anyway, the potential single sounds like power ballad, I really like the melody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i heard it's 5 weeks..

hoping for a great great single from him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is a small 1 minute clip Shane posted on his Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgYJ1wq7uB8

Did I hear it right - did he say we will have to wait for 5 weeks to hear the single? Or did he say few?

Anyway, the potential single sounds like power ballad, I really like the melody.

i agree... a ballad song... only danger is, critics might say it's another typical westlife single that might lose excitement on shane's part... i just hope it's not just a typical ballad.... wanting to hear something like pink's just give me a reason...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Nicky said it best recently:

"Shane was the sound of Westlife after all," he said.

"His was the voice people would recognise on the radio, so it's going to be very hard for him not to make a record that doesn't sound like Westlife."

I agree with him. No matter what he releases, critics will say it sounds like a Westlife song.

But you know... in the video, he said this is a potential single. Maybe this song won't be the debut single, maybe it s just one from the EP, you never know.

However, i agree that it shouldn't be a typical ballad, but something like even Westlife had with Beautiful World and Wide Open. It would be definitely better if he released something more midtempo/uptempo if he plans to release it in the summer.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Nicky said it best recently:

"Shane was the sound of Westlife after all," he said.

"His was the voice people would recognise on the radio, so it's going to be very hard for him not to make a record that doesn't sound like Westlife."

I agree with him. No matter what he releases, critics will say it sounds like a Westlife song.

But you know... in the video, he said this is a potential single. Maybe this song won't be the debut single, maybe it s just one from the EP, you never know.

However, i agree that it shouldn't be a typical ballad, but something like even Westlife had with Beautiful World and Wide Open. It would be definitely better if he released something more midtempo/uptempo if he plans to release it in the summer.

Indeed, he has that perfect pure smooth pop style voice, and very recognisable as the voice of Westlife, so it's always going to sound 'like Westlife' (and if it didn't, he'd still not be able to win because there'd be complaints that he was trying to forget his background, or try something that doesn't work, etc).

Looking forward to hearing the single. And I like the lyrics he posted from his song, nice. :)