Corrie: What's Wrong With Liz McDonald?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive personally loved it when she returned and am loving her at the moment
She doesn't need a storyline to jump into and she hasn't been massively shoe-horned like Stella, especially these last few weeks.
I love her fiestiness and when she threatened Peter, and her banter with Steve and Michelle
She's the only good thing about the Rovers at the moment, and Steve and Andrea, not too fussed about Michelle
I wonder what her relationship will be like when she gets with Tony (Jason's dad)?:)

Comments

• ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like her banter with Michelle about Steve, it's wrong on all kinds of levels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like her banter with Michelle about Steve, it's wrong on all kinds of levels.

Oh lighten up!
    Liz and Michelle were only joking.
    Anyway, doesn't it annoy people that she hasn't shared scenes with any of the Prices
    I know Liz hasn't stepped out the pub so much, but Stella and Glo have both been to the Rovers and it would be nice for Liz to understand and befriend Stella rather than unnecessarily clashing
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Oh lighten up!
    Liz and Michelle were only joking.
    Anyway, doesn't it annoy people that she hasn't shared scenes with any of the Prices
    I know Liz hasn't stepped out the pub so much, but Stella and Glo have both been to the Rovers and it would be nice for Liz to understand and befriend Stella rather than unnecessarily clashing

Michelle abusing Steve and bullying him about his weight is no joke. It's utterly disgusting and I reckon if it was a man doing this to a woman viewers wouldn't overlook it so much. Liz would never stand for what Michelle was saying to Steve on the episode she thought she was pregnant. She has been single-handedly destroyed (Liz), and what's with the obsession with Tina? Stella seemed to love her as well and also gave her unlimited days off...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrWoodySir wrote: »
    Michelle abusing Steve and bullying him about his weight is no joke. It's utterly disgusting and I reckon if it was a man doing this to a woman viewers wouldn't overlook it so much. Liz would never stand for what Michelle was saying to Steve on the episode she thought she was pregnant. She has been single-handedly destroyed (Liz), and what's with the obsession with Tina? Stella seemed to love her as well and also gave her unlimited days off...

Fair enough about Steve, but at least Liz likes Michelle this time round as they could have made Liz and Michelle dislike each other once again
    Liz is the boss of Tina and its in her best interests to look out for her like Carla and Hayley
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a horribly judgemental person who goes off on one to and about people. Sticks her nose in where it isn't required.

Case in point when Bev was about to marry Fred Elliot, saying she had no idea she would want to marry him because of his looks.

Why Liz has so many female friends is a mystery, but looking at them, birds of a feather, flock together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the pub burns down again, only this time with that old trollop Liz still in it.

She's rude to her loving son, her jaggy necklace annoys me, she always sides with the arm-folders behind her bar, and her failure to keep that McIntyre rodent in check has been truly sickening.

Plus she forgot to order the nuts and blamed it on Steve, no wonder Jim used to bash her about.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    A very sexy woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    Ive personally loved it when she returned and am loving her at the moment
    She doesn't need a storyline to jump into and she hasn't been massively shoe-horned like Stella, especially these last few weeks.
    I love her fiestiness and when she threatened Peter, and her banter with Steve and Michelle
    She's the only good thing about the Rovers at the moment, and Steve and Andrea, not too fussed about Michelle
    I wonder what her relationship will be like when she gets with Tony (Jason's dad)?:)

It is interesting stuff.

Need the strong and feisty Liz McDonald of old to be there all the time - like we've seen between her and Peter (she's got his number) and NOT bowing down and licking Tina's boots when Liz is supposed to be the boss.

And there's NO WAY the Liz of old would stand for Michelle's treatment of Steve (never mind agreeing and cheering her on).

In fact she'd have p****d all over her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    A very sexy woman.

She is indeed
    My brother fancies her to this day
    She looks 51 rather than 56:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She looks like she smells of stale cigarettes and very cheap perfume :p:p
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    I hope the pub burns down again, only this time with that old trollop Liz still in it.

She's rude to her loving son, her jaggy necklace annoys me, she always sides with the arm-folders behind her bar, and her failure to keep that McIntyre rodent in check has been truly sickening.

Plus she forgot to order the nuts and blamed it on Steve, no wonder Jim used to bash her about.
    Love it UQ.

There's a reason the old hag can't keep her men on a leash for long.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB - Maybe she thinks if she's nice to Tina, then Tina could put in a good word for her with Rita and Liz can join the club of spongers. Theres a vacancy now Denis is gone
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her 'threatening' Peter was one of the most laughable things I have seen. What an awful scene, are we meant to expect ex-Navy Peter to be scared of that old hag? And she never has banter with Steve or Michelle, its aimed directly at Steve all the time and to be honest it is tedious, especially half an episode dedicated to them laughing like idiots because of Steve's history course.

And what became of this business she had back in Spain that made her so much money to help buy the pub? Completely forgotten. She should of remained in Spain and not bothered coming back, she has been useless.
  • -Batman--Batman- Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    She looks like she smells of stale cigarettes and very cheap perfume :p:p

She stills reminds me of the slapper from 2 pints even tho she is Corrie again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Batman- wrote: »
    She stills reminds me of the slapper from 2 pints even tho she is Corrie again.

Whose saying she isn't still a slapper:D
    It looks like she ends up with Eileen's ex Tony new week. I can't wait to see them in bed together:D:o

Naughty Karyn:p
  • Charley Says...Charley Says... Posts: 1,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim should come back and give the trollop a quick dig in the ribs...
    So you arrrrrrrrrrrrrre... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long do you get for armed robbery?
    Im sure Charlie Lawson would return one day
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hahaha. I very much doubt thats why Liz got beaten
    I think Liz knows that Michelle treats Steve poorly, but just goes along with it so Michelle and her don't conflict
    She defended Steve over the baby situation when Michelle didn't want a baby
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to like Liz, now she's up Tina's arse and making fun of her son at any given opportunity I find her annoying.
    As for her relationship with Jason's dad, not interested in this at all.
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Stella seemed to love her as well and also gave her unlimited days off...

Yes what is with this? I dip in and out of Corrie but it seems like every episode I catch has Tina asking for last minute time off and Liz (previous Stella) saying "Hmm... well I suppose since it's you". :confused:
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,416
    Forum Member

She's had that jaggy necklace for years. I'm sure someone (Sean maybe) wore one like it when people were dressing up as Liz for some reason. Liz must like it as she's had it so long - but it's hideous.

Are Liz and Deirdre still good friends? They can be really funny together but we haven't seen much of them since Liz returned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »
    She's had that jaggy necklace for years. I'm sure someone (Sean maybe) wore one like it when people were dressing up as Liz for some reason. Liz must like it as she's had it so long - but it's hideous.

Are Liz and Deirdre still good friends? They can be really funny together but we haven't seen much of them since Liz returned.

No, it a recent interview Bev said that they got her a newer star necklace instead of the old one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »

Yeah, she has had few scenes with Deirdre and they all go out with Eileen too, but Liz and Eileen end up rowing after
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summer_ste wrote: »
    Yes what is with this? I dip in and out of Corrie but it seems like every episode I catch has Tina asking for last minute time off and Liz (previous Stella) saying "Hmm... well I suppose since it's you". :confused:

That's seems to be true
    Its normally an excuse to see her favourite Barlow;-) Now that Liz knows she is more strict with Tina