Artists who hate their own songs.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm surprised that they released it then seeing as the label was set up by them meaning, surely, that they had full creative control....all I can think is that they signed a contract with the producer saying that he'd work with them if they released his produced tracks...

This was during a period where they were signed to Universal on a 50/50 deal. Isn't looked back on greatly. They're back on their own, now. I think even McBusted are on the Super Records label despite various offers.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I can't remember where I read this, but I do recall Chris Lowe of Pet Shop Boys saying that 'Heart' making #1 is a sign that their better songs didn't necessarily achieve the best sales. It wasn't him saying he hated Heart, but he clearly thought it wasn't one of their best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Heart - All I Wanna Do Is Make Love to You
    Cyndi Lauper - The Goonies 'R' Good Enough (I don't think she dislikes it as much as she used to)
    Starship - We Built This City (or at least Grace Slick has spoken of her dislike for the song)
    I once read that Stevie Nicks has never been fond of Talk to Me
  • Options
    cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I was younger Channel 4 showed a Britney concert and during it she did a tongue in cheek version of 'Hit me baby' and the crowd booed her as she seemed to be making fun of the song.
  • Options
    Michael_SharpeMichael_Sharpe Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Xenomania were obviously having a very off day lol.

I know it's not the artist but Brian Higgins once said The Show was one of the worst songs they had written and it was rushed to get on the soundtrack to a film.

That was actually Long Hot Summer which was set for Herbie Rides Again soundtrack
  • Options
    Michael_SharpeMichael_Sharpe Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Britney only hates Outrageous because it was a contractual obligation to release it and the video caused her a major injury which prevented Breathe a on Me (the song she wanted as a single) from being released.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nina Simone didn't like My Baby Just Cares for Me and resented the fact it was the song she was best known for

The same went for Frank Sinatra and My Way

George Michael hates Bad Boys and to be fair it was by far Wham's worst record

Donna Summer hated I Don't Want to Get Hurt the song SAW penned for her as a follow up to the very catchy This Time I Know Its For Real

She disliked the follow up so much she refused to appear in the video (and it was a crap song)
    I think George hates Too Funky as well. I think he said something like "It was the biggest bollocks he had ever written".