Options

Sky+ Android app useless since update

Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I swear the Android app gets worth with each update...

Went from the app not finding my box until I disabled searching for the box, and enabled it again, to it not finding it all now...

Anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    working fine for me
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Never had this problem with mine but I use a static IP on my Sky box and a wired connection.

I think DHCP and wifi are likely to make it less reliable with some routers.
  • Options
    muppetman11muppetman11 Posts: 2,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine syncs fine all the time with both boxes.
  • Options
    warrior51warrior51 Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I have noticed on two phones (one samsung and one zte) and since this update it refuses to find the boxes for the planner, however, looked in downloads and remote record, both boxes are listed. No issues with the Ipad at all. One box is wired and one box on wireless and did not notice any problems prior to the new EPG download.
  • Options
    drabbledrabble Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree the app seems to get worse with each release.

With 4.7 on my Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 I had to close the app and switch to aeroplane mode or turn WiFi on and off and then launch the app before it would find any boxes if it couldn't find them in the first place.

4.8 so far seems a little more stable in this respect but early days yet.
  • Options
    bideford1bideford1 Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    My one does not connect to the box anymore >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bideford1 wrote: »
    My one does not connect to the box anymore >:(

Are you still on the old EPG ? My Android device connects first time every time however I've been on the new EPG for a good while now , I'm not sure whether that makes a difference.
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you still on the old EPG ? My Android device connects first time every time however I've been on the new EPG for a good while now , I'm not sure whether that makes a difference.

V4.8 should deffinetly be compatible with R008.
    And more than likely R007 as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nsewell wrote: »
    V4.8 should deffinetly be compatible with R008.
    And more than likely R007 as well.

it is (to both).
    although i doubt there will be any boxes still on R007, most should be on R008 (with the exception of Thomson which isn't compatible anyway).
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has finally decided to find the box now...
    warrior51 wrote: »
    Yes I have noticed on two phones (one samsung and one zte) and since this update it refuses to find the boxes for the planner, however, looked in downloads and remote record, both boxes are listed. No issues with the Ipad at all. One box is wired and one box on wireless and did not notice any problems prior to the new EPG download.
    Yeah mine is a ZTE too, the ZTE Crescent I think, but it is the Orange branded San Francisco 2 version.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is another update available for the Sky+ android app version 4.8.1.
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4.8.1 available on IOS as well,
    Fixes bug where the TVGuide opened at the wrong time.
    Introduces new app icon.
  • Options
    pierrevpierrev Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I have multiple routers wired together to give wifi on third floor and up the garden, but the planner element of the app only reliably works if my android tab or phone are connected to the main router, which happens to also be the one the sky hd box is wired into.

This has always been the case, and doesn't seem to have been altered with the latest release .... occasionally it has connected via one of the other routers but I have just got used to switching connections when I want to use the app.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pierrev wrote: »
    I have multiple routers wired together to give wifi on third floor and up the garden, but the planner element of the app only reliably works if my android tab or phone are connected to the main router, which happens to also be the one the sky hd box is wired into.

This has always been the case, and doesn't seem to have been altered with the latest release .... occasionally it has connected via one of the other routers but I have just got used to switching connections when I want to use the app.

that sounds more like a config issue with your network to be honest.
    it depends how you have your additional "routers" configured, and how the wifi is configured on them (same IP subnet or a different subnet).
  • Options
    BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky+ Android app working fine here, did the update the other day