Danny Dyer...

vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
Forum Member
✭✭
Danny has been a revelation since he joined the show as Mick Carter- My favourite character of the moment...

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. All the Carters have been a huge hit for me, but Danny in particular for playing so far against his stereotype.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    Agreed. All the Carters have been a huge hit for me, but Danny in particular for playing so far against his stereotype.

Agreed. I luv Danny :D
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »

I am looking forward to seeing the big Carter storyline unfold- I really like his relationship with his children especially his support for Johnny- the coming out scene between Johnny and Mick was great and Sam and Danny really did it justice.
  • Ste_MurraySte_Murray Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Love love love this family all of them are my favorite they are all really good actors
  • Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Absolutely LOVE the Carters. Linda is my favorite second to Mick.

Not entirely keen on Aunt Babe or Lee, but i'm sure i'll warm to them in time.
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love how much of a good man that Mick is turning out to be, I'm really impressed with how he doesn't only go against a Danny Dyer stereotype but also goes against the typical male head of an Eastenders family stereotype as well. I really like how he doesn't lie to Linda, they keep no secrets, for example when Lee told him what happened while he was on duty Mick couldn't cope with not telling Linda and it seems to be the same vice versa as well. Him not having the heart to leave Stan out in the cold after everything says exactly the kind of person Mick is in my eyes and I'm loving the character and his portrayal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely LOVE the Carters. Linda is my favorite second to Mick.

Not entirely keen on Aunt Babe or Lee, but i'm sure i'll warm to them in time.

I think Aunt Babe has real potential but we need to see more of her.

Lee has been cast as a Ladies Man in my opinion.

Johnny is still my favourite Carter sibling.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Danny Dyer and I love him just as much in a different role as Mick. He's really proved himself as an actor. He's sexy too ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I've always liked Danny Dyer and I love him just as much in a different role as Mick. He's really proved himself as an actor. He's sexy too ;-)

totally agree.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love the Carters and am looking forward to their big storyline!

Mick is my fave I love how understanding and tolerant he is, Danny Dyer plays him really well as he's the total opposite to his usual roles!
  • lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the Carter's. They've brought something fresh to EE that was badly missing and DD has been an inspired choice.

Now if they could just get rid of Max and his wash and repeat sexual conquest storylines, I'd be very happy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I really like the Carters, Mick & Nancy in particular.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the Carter's. Johnny is my favourite. Followed by Stan and Aunt Babe.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love the Carters! :)
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny Dyer is truly brilliant in the role. I absolutely love the character of Mick. Johnny and Nancy are also fantastic, and Lee has a lot of potential too, if they can characterise him beyond the 'ladies man' role that already seems to be carved out for him. The only one I'm not convinced about is Linda, but I do think Kellie Bright plays her very well.
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen Danny in a few different things now and two things always remain, his accent and his ability to act. He's really good and I love the character of Mick Carter and the whole Carter clan have been extremely well written. They feel like they've been on the show for years. Tim West as Stan is also an inspired decision. I never thought I'd see him as an cockney (ish) naughty pensioner.:D

Like this thread OP and good to see all the Danny love ;-)
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are a brilliant family, such well casted and its clear the actors all get on really well off screen as well. I was very exicted when I heard about the DD casting and I am so pleased he is doing well. Eastenders was made for him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cezzy wrote: »
    I've seen Danny in a few different things now and two things always remain, his accent and his ability to act. He's really good and I love the character of Mick Carter and the whole Carter clan have been extremely well written. They feel like they've been on the show for years. Tim West as Stan is also an inspired decision. I never thought I'd see him as an cockney (ish) naughty pensioner.:D

Like this thread OP and good to see all the Danny love ;-)

Thank you, Mick is my favourite character at the moment.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, really needed a new thread....
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazza89 wrote: »
    They are a brilliant family, such well casted and its clear the actors all get on really well off screen as well. I was very exicted when I heard about the DD casting and I am so pleased he is doing well. Eastenders was made for him!

BIB: That's one of my favourite things about the Carters, and the actors playing them. I know it shouldn't really make a difference if actors get on well in real life, but it's really nice that they seem so close off screen. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, really needed a new thread....

Freedom of speech and all that, I say ;-).
  • machobobmachobob Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was hilarious when he was announced, but they've all settled really well. The show needed a big, real but loving family like the Carters, and putting them in the Vic is a canny move. Can't wait for them to get some big stories to sink their teeth into, as they're all very capable actors too.

Oh and Johnny's lovely.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I myself, always though DD was a competent actor :), although admittedly he is not the best actor in the show at present, but he plays the role of Mick Carter very convincingly.

I don't think I will ever be able to stand or even tolerate watching Shirley :p, but Stan, Mick, Dean, Nancy and Johnny are all fantastic characters. I still can't warm to Linda, only because the writers seem to be trying their damn hardest to make the woman as unlikeable as possible. The way she treats Nancy and Johnny is quite unpleasant I have to say. I'm still on the fence about Aunt Babe, Tina and Lee.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,836
    Forum Member
    He's ok... Nothing to cream your knickers over though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Filiman wrote: »
    He's ok... Nothing to cream your knickers over though.

:D. He's just not a Watts Filiman :p. I would probably like the Carter family more if that Shirley creature wasn't slithering about >:(>:(.